October 24th, 2012
Fashion Bombshell of the Day
Fashion Bombshell of the Day: Arleene from Florida

Today’s Bombshell, Arleene, hails from Hollywood, Florida:

She writes, “I think of my style as chic, casual, sexy…”

“and fun.”

“…The one thing I love about fashion is that we can wear whatever… we want.”

” It’s about having your own personal style and not just following trends.”

” I love getting all dressed up as well as being most comfortable.”

” I love high heels…”

“… but it’s not everyday that I can just throw them on…”

“… [so] I wear a nice casual but feminine outfit.”

“… I love that I can express how I’m feeling and my personality with what I wear.”

Your style is simple and cute!
What do you think?

Posted In
64 comments

64 Responses to “Fashion Bombshell of the Day: Arleene from Florida”

1. Jpeace says:

Blahhhhh!!!!

2. Jpeace says:

Blahhhhh!

3. Mmonroe says:

Cute girl.. A lot of her pieces look a bit cheap though.

4. ElleBelle says:

The outfit in the first pic is not flattering. Everything else is simple and cute as Claire stated. Her simple does not come off as chic however. I’ve seen past FB do simple and chic and this was not it. However I feel that she was true to her and not trying to wow us by throwing ten trendy items into one outfit. So for that she’s a fashion bombshell.

5. Danity Cane says:

I’m sorry but her clothes look so….CHEAP. Rave, anyone?

6. Bree says:

I hate everything actually.

7. Lalalovely says:

Cute, casual and simple. Screams Charlotte Russe and Forever 21.

8. Loni says:

This isn’t a bombshell.

9. heyyall says:

I like that old school vet in the back ground..#thatisall

10. Suri says:

Not a bombshell at all. Everything looks too cheap. The Faux Vuitton is like the poisoned cherry on the bad cake.
    Cute girl though.

11. kay says:

NO: to the LV bag, very basic. and no to the gold mettalic flat…..NO NO

12. Just Me says:

Brrrrrrrrrr, it’s cold in here! Cute girl though!

13. J. Nicole says:

While I’m not ‘wowed’ by it, I don’t understand pointing out her clothes may be from Forever 21 etc. or calling it cheap is necessary. Fashion, or being fashionable isn’t about labels or prices, but looking good and presentable according to your budget or means, and based on that I think she did a good job. It’s simple & well put together.

14. KJ says:

Fail…..cute girl though!

15. Autumn says:

Imma have to vote hell no on all of these… She’s a cute girl though!

16. Donna says:

Is there a shortage of submissions? How are these folks vetted for Bombshell of the Day? Not being rude, just curious.

17. kari says:

The nerve of her to submit these basic and boring outfit photos.

18. mi manning says:

are you serious?!?!?!

19. Fab. says:

I agree with ElleBelle #thatisall

20. Kay'Gee says:

J. Nicole …oh welcome to FBD where half of its readers are vain meaning one is not simply a fashion bombshell unless you’re rocking Gucci’s and Jimmy Choo’s.

21. kari says:

Kay’Gee – NOT TRUE at all. How many times have seen Bombshell entries on here with girls wearing Louboutin, Gucci etc and STILL getting voted as basic or not NOT bombshell status.

22. vuyokazi says:

Wow isn’t there a nicer way of expressing your opinions? Yall don’t have to come at the girl like that. She has a cute girl next door style I can appriciate.

23. Rio says:

Kay’Gee and J. Nicole, you both are so right! Designer threads do not make a fashion bombshell.

24. C.Dubs says:

She’s cute, but she’s not a bombshell. This is becoming a joke.

25. Style4Curves says:

I was bored to tears but she’s pretty. I couldn’t find one outfit that inspired me.

26. Red looks AMAZING on you love. You’re gorgeous and have great pieces, now mix them up a little more! Be bold and make a statement. ;)

27. Angela says:

Cute, but nothing special.. Playing it safe. Needs some edgyness.

28. ALIANA says:

what the hell is wrong w claire? is she blind?? this looks like some cheap hs student… maybe claire should create an “almost bombshell” category if she wants to continue to feature such lackluster bombshells… snooze.

29. Shamy says:

No fashion bomb at all here!!!!

30. imo says:

HELLLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS NO!

31. AzizMom says:

Well, until I submit myself – I have nothing negative to say. This young lady was brave to submit on this site however it falls into an “Everyday Style” category. Nothing Bombshell worthy here. Are the pickings getting slim FBD?

32. jannicat says:

This looks like a “Wet Seal” threw up.

cheap, gawdy, not-well fitted or made.

try again…but not on my time.

33. Bella says:

…better luck tomorrow? :/

34. Omgeezy!! says:

Y’all are a mean bunch!!! She’s very pretty and her style is girl next door cute! However it is better to get a coach or cheaper name brand than a knock off lv bc ppl can always tell.

35. Naty Michele says:

She’s adorable. The leopard shorts outfit is my fave! xo

36. jillibooboo says:

that fake LV hurts my eyes.

37. Ashley says:

Some of the comments already stated are a bit much. The reality of these outfits when I look at them remind me much of how I used to dress when I was a bit younger. It’s cute and fun. At the same time, it’s a bit basic. I commend her for having the confidence to post her looks.

38. Bre Bre says:

Lmfaooo… I believe the proper way to say “Byeeeeeeeeeeee” in spanish is “Adiosssssssssssss” lol. Sike na, I hate being mean, lemme balance it out with a compliment…

*wait for it*

*still nothing*

I got it! I love the Louie Speedy!!!

39. Nicki says:

Her outfits are clean, simple, neat, but basic. She needs some pizzazz. She is beautiful though.

40. Shade says:

The only way one knows if apparel “looks” like wet seal or forever 21 is if you’ve shopped there….lol…anyway….she was courageous enough to submit and there are plenty of negative readers who disapprove of the pick everyday but haven’t submitted , what are you bombshells waiting for…..still saving up for real LV’s and red bottoms? hahaha

41. Nicki says:

I am digging the leopard shorts.

42. KBS says:

How can you tell her bag is fake? It just looks new.

43. Kisha says:

Maybe their needs to be a Fashion Bombshell of the day and a Junior Fashion Bombshell of the day. I hate harshly criticizing what appears to be a young girl. However I’m a grown woman and submissions like this are really disappointing, I’m looking for someone with style who is inspiring and can really bring it.

44. homey.lover.friend says:

She seems like a cute and well pulled together young lady – not bad just not inspiring. Someone said “girl next door” and I think that they were spot on. I don’t see “cheap” and all of the other things that people are saying. Is it really necessary to call someone’s clothes cheap anyway?

45. Noirre says:

I like her birdie blouse.

46. Char says:

I agree that her style is very basic and does not qualify as a “bombshell”. However, all of you who are so fast to start throwing out name like Charlotte Russe or Forever21 could not possible be real fashionistas yourself. I have worn things that I literally paid cents for at places like Old Navy and no one would know by the way I style it. When celebrities wear steal pieces that they bought at H&M everyone flocks to buy it because it’s a steal and a celeb wore it. The fact that the clothes are inexpensive have nothing to do with anything. YOU wear the clothes not the other way around. She gets Kudos from me simply b/c she has the spirit to put herself at your disposition to be critiqued!

47. Jackie says:

Out of her whole description of herself… I can only agree on her style being casual, a bit of sex appeal kind of. And all I see are trends here – sheer chiffons, animal print, spikes, draped pieces, bodycons, colored denim, etc. I mean, I know lots of people on a budget who can manage to look expensive, this girl has not achieved it yet but maybe a couple years after looking at street style, fashion on celebrities today and in the past, blogs, some fashion glossies and things of the sort she can get it together and understand what she did in these outfits that has made us all say the things that we have said.