October 23rd, 2012
Fashion, Fashion News
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

• Jourdan Dunn‘s got her cooking showKarlie Kloss and Joan Smalls have MTV’s House of Style, and now Sessilee Lopez is broadening her horizons with a new project. The model told WWD, “I’m actually working on my first film, and we go into production at the end of the month. It’s like Mahogany meets Boyz in the Hood. It’s really cool, and there are a lot of great actors in it.” Ms. Lopez couldn’t give anymore deets on the project, like which “great actors” are actually in it, but she promises “A lot of big names are involved.”  Hmm… who do you think might star alongside Sessilee? Terrence HowardAngela Bassett? (WWD)

Nine West is joining forces with luxury retailer Kirna Zabête on a six-month shoe range. Starting in February, the brands will release a new shoe every month. Prices range from $49 to $169, and shoe styles will include pumps, flats, and even flip-flops. (WWD)

• This spring, Kate Spade is set to launch a new global lifestyle brand called Saturday. Think of it as their answer to Chris Burch‘s C-Wonder. The new label will offer apparel and accessories, along with homewares and beauty items. This new lower-priced brand will make its debut online in the US (saturday.com), and with an e-commerce site and standalone flagship store in Japan. WWD reports price points will be  “$90 for apparel; $55 for eyewear; $40 for fashion accessories; $130 for handbags; $25 for home; $30 for jewelry; $85 for shoes; $45 for small goods; $50 for swimwear; $30 for tech, and $50 for watches.”  (WWD)

The Royal Carters‘s request to trademark the name “Blue Ivy” has been denied. I’m sure a certain former Phat Farm intern will be delighted to hear this news. (MTV)

• Simon Baker of CBS “The Mentalist” fame is the face of Givenchy‘s new men’s fragrance. I guess Meek Mill and Kanye West weren’t available. (WWD)

Uncle Karl will be in New York City this week to shoot Chanel‘s Spring 2013 campaign, starring Stella Tennant and 15-year-old Ondria Hardin. (WWD)

~Jihan

6 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Sessilee Lopez is Working on a Film, Kate Spade Announces Launch of Lower-Priced ‘Saturday’ Brand,and The Masses are Free to Use ‘Blue Ivy’ as They Please”

1. DBShuneek says:

Givenchy creeps me out for some reason! lol and how in the heck did Beyonce and Jay think that they could trademark that name! SMH

2. Kitty B. says:

I thought Bey and Jay were fools for doing this! There’s an event company by the name of Blue Ivy Events that has been around in NYC since 2008….I’m sure they did the research but probably thought they could still get away with it…SMH

3. lola says:

Kitty B
    right? I love Jay and Bey but they need to have several seats on this one. I understand their perspective because when Blue Ivy was born, baby-oriented businesses were using her name to sell products. It’s just one of those things that comes with the famous territory. It is ok for them to be pissed about it but you can’t trademark a name that has already been used by a well-known company.

4. LaTasha says:

I love Jay and Bey and I completely agree w/@kitty b and @lola. I won’t comment further. I will say Beyonce need to put some socks on blue ivy’s little feets. Everytime I see this baby her little feet are out. Bless her heart.

5. ShanniB says:

I agree with everyone who has posted. And, I’m actually kind of glad they weren’t able to trademark her name. Sometimes celebrities need to be brought back down to earth. They need to realize that money can’t buy everything.

6. My Response says: