October 23rd, 2012
Style Inspiration, What to Wear
Style Inspiration: Fashionable Outfits for the Modest Woman
By Cliche

A couple of you ladies are headed out to more conservative events, and had some inquiries on what to wear!

First, Shauna writes, “I am going to my cousin’s 50th birthday party and I have no idea as what to wear. On the invitation it says to dress to impress, I dont want to over do it but I do want to stand out. Could you please give me some affordable looks that will make me stand out at the party, also Im in my 20′s so I want a look thats youthful yet classy.”

Not a problem!

Considering the fact that you’ll be attending the birthday festivities for your cousin’s 50th birthday, it’s safe to say you should most likely stay clear of any outfit that can skew scandalous amongst the more mature crowd. Go for a longer hemline. Although I used this pricey Stella McCartney Barnes printed crepe dress in the collage, you can certainly go the more affordable route here. Pair your dress with ankle strap pumps, and a bright mani for a jolt of fun.

Next, Myleshia writes, “So I love this website because I love fashion & it always has awesome stuff! But one thing I do find it lacking is for the Christian crowds as well. We love to have fun too but dress appropriately. Long story short, I’m going to a Christian concert & well let’s say I want to go in style. What are some fashion tips for us modest but beautiful ladies?”

The key is to go comfortable and classy.

Pair a T by Alexander Wang Pleated neoprene skirt (plus a pair of stockings) with a simple white tee, and an embroidered jacket. Feel free to jazz up your feet with glittered loafers, similar to these from Miu Miu.

If you’re not up for a skirt, try this look.

Keep things relatively simple with black skinnies, and Glamorous Flock Sweater. If you dare to wear heels opt for a pair like these embellished beauties from Isabel Marant. Use the larger sized bag to store a pair of Asos ballet flats.

There you go, ladies! Have fun!

~Cliché

9 Responses to “Style Inspiration: Fashionable Outfits for the Modest Woman”

1. Jennifer says:

I love all 3! Cliché, you bring it!

2. iQgraphics says:

@ jennifer, agreed
    those isabel marant pumps are kind of sickening!

3. Am I the only person who wishes I could peal all of these items of the page and put them in my closet? LOVE!

4. Taj says:

All of the looks are beautiful and stylish.

5. Martinique_Fr says:

Great looks all around… My faves are 1 and 3.

6. Natasha says:

1 and 3. FLOTUS is a good example of modest yet fashionable dressing from formal to casual. Many of the celebrity pastor’s wives also have good semi-formal options (when off stage).

7. binks says:

Nice selections!

8. Miss White says:

Yeah girl…u did that! Love the black, white, and blue! And so did my boyfriend who caught a glance of the screen lol. He says, “that sweater is bananas” lol

9. jillibooboo says:

who makes the gold earrings with the diamond in the first picture?