October 22nd, 2012
Celebrity Style, Hot or Hmm
Weekend Hot! or Hmm… Rihanna, KimYe, the 42nd Annual BRAG Gala, and More!
By Faith

Happy Monday everyone!

I had a fantastic weekend involving lots of sleep and a costume party on Saturday! Can you believe a girl had on the same Captain America costume I did? I should have been a flapper like my fashion senses were telling me to be anyway…

The celebs were definitely out this weekend and there were equal doses of fabulous moments and hmm-worthy looks.

Let’s get into it shall we?

On the set of her new music video, Diamonds, Rihanna sported an asymmetric ‘do and a maxi dress with double thigh-high slits. Can’t wait to see this video!

KimYe looked like quite the lovely couple in Venice, celebrating Kim’s birthday. How can you not love her Dolce & Gabbana Fall 2012 dress?

The stars were out at the 42nd Annual BRAG (Black Retail Action Group) Gala in NYC. June Ambrose served vintage Hollywood glamour in a Moschino dress with her incredibly good looking husband serving as her arm candy.

A $455 SuperTrash Shardee Leather Pencil Skirt was the focal point of Angela Simmons’s look. I need this skirt in my life! I would have loved a nude Pigalle pump here no?

My favorite look at the BRAG gala belonged to Tamron Hall in Jason Wu and Jimmy Choo sandals. That dress is a work of art!

Vivica Fox chose a showstoppping J. Mendel gown and fur bolero at the event.  Her makeup is flawless, but this dress just does not work which breaks my heart because J. Mendel makes the most amazing pieces. Until next time Aunt Viv…

Last, but not least was Beverly Johnson in our weekly Benjamin Button segment: she sported a sequin Sherri Hill jumpsuit and worked it better than girls two decades younger.

Naomie Harris opted for a textured white dress in a Chanel Spring 2012 number while at the Skyfall photocall in London. Those Pierre Hardy booties? Gorgeous!

Joan Smalls flashed her pearly whites and showed off her amazing skin for her first time in Moscow for Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Russia. Loving the photos of the week over at Valentine Uhovski!

Nicole Richie repped her brand at Teen Vogue’s 7th Annual Fashion University in NYC. She paired a Winter Kate dress with $595 Christian Louboutin Pigalle Patent Pumps. The look was fine, but I needed more in the beauty department here: Nicole looks a bit washed out no?

Outside of the Good Morning America studios, Brandy kept it cute in a leopard print sweater, R-13 harem jeans, and those $1,895 Christian Louboutin Equestria Boots. This will not be the last time you see these ladies and gents!

Studs were the embellishment of the weekend for Christina Aguilera who paired a knit beanie with a leather sleeve denim jacket, graphic tee, leggings, a $770 Alexander Wang Rocco Bag with Resin Rivets, and a pair of Christian Louboutin Marisa Studded Boots. Too bad her hair is so distracting: this is actually a cute look!

It seems that Leona Lewis’s trench game is quite serious! She rocked another one at The Rose Club in London, after wearing a hot pink version last week. Simple and chic for sure.

Hot mama Victoria Beckham strutted through JFK Airport with her adorable daughter in tow in a $925 Balenciaga Moleskin Top and a pair of $595 Proenza Schouler Colorblock Cap Toe Pumps. Is she ever off her game?

Alesha Dixon chose a lace print peplum dress and neon peep-toe mary jane pumps while at the Prince’s Trust Against All Odds Youth Forum in London.

Tinie Tempah joined Alesha at the Youth Forum, but kept it casual in sweats and a leather bomber jacket. He could literally wear anything: he’s so scrumptious!

Holly Robinson Peete went glam at the 26th Anniversary Carousel of Hope Ball in Beverly Hills.

I haven’t seen Chrisette Michele in a minute, but she was on hand at the 2012 Somaly Mam Foundation Gala in NYC. Hmm…

My girl Jessica Alba opted for her signature printed denim in a pair of $198 Current/Elliott The Stiletto Skinny Jeans in Grey Floral while outside of SLS Hotel in Beverly Hills. Cute!

At the GEMS Benefit Gala for Girls Educational and Mentoring Services, Nicole Ari Parker looked amazing even though she only had on a leather jacket and skinny jeans. My skin has never looked that radiant even on my best day!

Last, but not least Keke Palmer who opted for a Ted Baker LBD, Stella & Dot Jewelry, and on-trend cap toe pumps at John Varvatos’s 10 year West Hollywood Party.

Who had your favorite looks this weekend?

34 Responses to “Weekend Hot! or Hmm… Rihanna, KimYe, the 42nd Annual BRAG Gala, and More!”

1. Suri says:

Faith, I always was on the fence when it comes to your tastes. But if you think Kim’s white dress looks good,…yuck

2. T1K says:

Ohhh Kimmie…. smh..

3. Dom says:

Tamron Hall must stay sippin from the fountain of youth. I nearly passed out when I heard she’s 42!!!

Best Glam goes to Kim K and Naomie Harris – I’m feeling the white textured dress… (may need to get one asap)!
    Best Casual goes to Angela Simmons (sans the shoes) and Nicole Ari Parker! Love it!

BRAG = Black Retail Action Group… you gotta switch the words around.
    Naomie Harris and Joan Small look awesome! I really wish Chrisette would give up the peace sign already. Also digging Jessica Alba’s look.

6. Dobe says:

BRAG = Black Retail Action Group… you gotta switch the words around.

7. NickieLuv621 says:

June Ambrose and her hubby look STUNNING! Keke has grown into quite a beautiful young lady.

8. Noirre says:

I like Brandy’s sweater.

9. I really like Angela’s look minus the shoes. I can’t with Brandy and those drop crotch pants.

10. Est87 says:

Vivian’s make up is on point?! You lied! Lol. And as good looking as June’s hubby is, I initially thought ‘Aww, her dad’ :-/
    Cute couple though!

11. Enigma says:

I’m loving both textured white dresses. Although KimYe look like wedding cake toppers.

if thats June Ambrose’s husband… who is the father of her children. Sorry for the Gossip. But she looks nice as always

13. yusufswifee says:

good googlymoogly – lots of posts. I just want to say that I normally can not get with Angela simmons look, but this works. The skirt is fab and I like the shoes with it – from what I see.

Kim K earrings are fab. Brandy looks a mess – no to hats. Vivicas makeup is flawless except for the two shades too light factor. That is all.

14. SAW says:

what does June’s kids father have to do with what she’s wearing? Omg as black people we are so damn nosey.. lol

15. My favs are Naomie Harris, Nicole Ari Parker & Victoria Beckham looking casually.

I soo miss Nicole Ari Parker & Soul Food the series!

16. Nicole Ari Parker and Jessica Alba looks cute. Kim K. looks like she is ready to go to the alter—still like her dress though :-)

17. OMG where do I start?! I love Brandy but for the past couple of days she hasn’t been looking so great. Angela style is slowing evolving but I am just not feeling it anymore. I feel like she doesn’t make the effort, but if you have the money who the heck cares. Can’t wait for that Riri video!!!!!! June always look Fab in my book!

blackandolive.com

18. heyyall says:

Beverly Johnson is a winner! she’s one that gets better with age..

19. TMaryMack says:

no deets on Brandy’s sweater? :(

20. TMaryMack says:

…or Joan Small’s shoes?

21. Angela says:

Kim – “I BEG OF YOU PLEASE, STOP THIS MADNESS”.. smh

The only outfit I’m fond of out of all of these is the white textured Chanel dress that Naomie Harris is rockin.

22. Danielle says:

@suri that was my first thought. I always know who writes which posts based on there fashion… “Preferences”. To each their own I guess

23. MissD says:

Vivica no to that dress!

24. Bre Bre says:

Faith, Claire somebody on the Fashion Bomb team… how bout a give away of them boots Brandy got on to your loyal readers?!!!! =)) lol

25. Lolodoll11 says:

Love love that white Chanel dress and Angela’s skirt. Uh, is Posh ever off her game? Yes, as reflected in that pic above. Oh, and her hair always looks a mess. Kim looks a hott mess. Joan looks so cute and comfy.

26. Above Par says:

Keke looks nice and her hair looks better, Angela looks good sans the shoes, Kim…., It disappoints me to see Vivica now a days, all that work on her face smh! I was also disappointed at Chrisete we haven’t seen you in how long? and you come out in a towel…And I actually like Brandy’s harem pants, she just needs to do a little readjusting it seems.

27. Nazsare says:

Kim & Joan look bomb! Love Victorias laid back look! I actually attended the Teen Vogue Fashion University with Nicole! She looked great!

28. Likkke Miss says:

Vivica. Why?

Again, Kim’s dress is amazing, but not for her body type. Kanye never gets it right.

Why is Joan Smalls so beautiful? Gosh, she’d look good in a trash bag.

29. Jacqueline says:

what happened to chrisette Michelle??

30. Nicolette says:

love everything bout nicole ari paker :)))

31. Nina says:

I dont like Kimberley’s dress, I dont care what designer it is, it looks like the dollys people used to put on top of toilet tissue, if you are from England you will know what Im talking about lol. For me Angela always seems to get something wrong, either she is over styled or her shoes just dont go. Nicole Ari Parker’s skin is devine

32. rudo says:

Love Kim’s look. The whole romantic vibe she has going on matches the city she’s in and pop of red. I love it! Joan Smalls looks amaizng and so does Tamron.

33. Lish says:

Sighs I do too wish Chrisette would give up those peace signs…but i actually love Brandy’s look..its like a play on girly tomboy…I dont like Kim’s outfit it reminds me of a wedding dress from the 80s and not in a good way…Angela’s skirt is the BIDNESS!! Victoria even carries her children like a bad bitch lol.

34. s says:

Naomie Harris….love the Chanel textured dress!!