October 22nd, 2012
Fashion News
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

• You can add Azealia Banks to the list of people who are not here for those  controversial “fruit lady” earrings from Dolce & Gabbana‘s Spring 2013 collection. The rapstress took to Twitter (where else?) to express her distaste for the baubles: “Definitely boycotting Dolce & Gabbana,” she tweeted. “Whoever designed that racist a$$ Dolce and Gabbana collection needs a swift kick in the mouth… I really hate when people do corny, racist things and then try to justify it as ‘art’. It’s all just really unnecessary. The clothes in the collection were fine without all the ‘black mammie [sic]‘ imagery.” She continued, “@dolcegabbana you should be ashamed of yourselves.” Welp! I guess that’s one front row we won’t see Ms. Banks sitting in! (@AzealiaBanks)

Iris Apfel is teaming up with HSN on a shoe range. The five-piece “Rara Avis” (or “rare bird”) collection features a selection of comfy-looking flats and a pair of kitten heels for your granny. Prices are affordable, ranging from $59.90 – $99.90. (The Cut)

Ruby Jean Wilson, the young lady who opened Marc Jacobs‘s Spring 2013 show, will also be featured in the brand’s campaign. (WWD)

• In Rita Ora‘s world, sneakers always go with dresses, and Emilio Pucci is a still-living curly-haired blond who looks like Peter Dundas. On Friday, Ora tweeted this photo of herself and the famed Italian label’s creative director, with the caption “Pucci girl and Emilio Pucci himself. Thanks love!” Yikes! That’s like calling Hedi Slimane Yves Saint Laurent or Raf Simons Christian Dior! Get your designers straight, young lady! (Fashin)

Adele gave birth to a baby boy on Friday. This is her first child with partner Simon Konecki, who already has a five-year-old with his ex-wife. Congratulations to the couple! (Daily Mail)

Karl Lagerfeld is once again making headlines for his mouth. The designer served as guest editor for Spanish Marie Claire‘s 25th anniversary issue. But it’s not his photography or editing prowess that people are talking about. Apparently, Lagerfeld calls France’s new socialist prime minister François Hollande an imbécile, or idiot, within the pages of the glossy. But Marie Claire Spain’s editor-in-chief, Joana Bonet, says Uncle Karl didn’t mean to call Mr. Hollande such names. “I confirm that the declaration (and the word ‘imbécil’) was taken out of context,” she told WWD. “Karl Lagerfeld was referring to Hollande’s policies, especially those connected with the taxes pertaining to large fortunes.” Since taking office, Hollande has instituted a 75% tax rate on those who make over 1 million euros. Lagerfeld is interviewed in the issues, and is quoted saying, “[Hollande is] disastrous. He wants to punish [the rich] and, of course, they’re leaving (the country). Nobody is investing. Foreigners don’t want to invest any more in France — and this is not working.” He continues, “Besides, France — apart from fashion, jewelry, perfume and wine — is not competitive. Nothing else sells. Who buys French cars? Not me.” But when Lagerfeld was asked this weekend on French television about his comments, the designer did some serious backpeadling: “Of course I never said that! I don’t speak Spanish, I speak a little of Italian but no Spanish,” he said. “I saw him [Hollande] on TV and I found him very fun, spiritual and intelligent… The luxury business is an industry that makes a lot of money and should not be considered like something we should be ashamed off.” (WWD)

Victoria Beckham is flaw-free on the cover of this month’s ELLE France. (Styleite)

~Jihan

24 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Azealia Banks Boycotts Dolce & Gabbana, Rita Ora Confuses Peter Dundas With Emilio Pucci, and Karl Lagerfeld Talks French Politics, Reads French Prime Minister in Spanish Marie Claire

1. kay says:

Damn didnt even notice that was on the earring

2. Cass says:

Its time for Uncle Karl to be sent to Shady Pines!

3. Mads says:

@Cass. LOL!! I used to threaten to send my Mum there!

4. Sir Paul says:

@claire you no nothing about fashion check your older post and see how many designers you get wrong!

this blog is a joke! and a waste a time reading! you and fashion dont mix!

5. Claire says:

@Sir Paul You clearly *know* nothing about spelling.
    And if my blog is a joke, then why are you here?
    Bye baby.
    xoxo

6. Jihan says:

obvious troll is obvious.

7. T1K says:

Hi Rita…! Bye Rita!

8. Malachi says:

Lol, Sir Paul’s grammar is blasphemous. I’m intrigued to find out how much he “no” about some English lessons.

9. jee says:

Someone made a clear typo lol! Now everyone wants to shoot them!!! Yes Claire does get designers wrong quite frequently! But I love the site I just think we should stick to fashion and not gossip :-)!!!! This is fashion bomb not TMZ!!!

10. Loni says:

We all know Rita didn’t mean she was actually with Emilio Pucci…it’s like calling Diddy, Mr. Ciroc himself…am I calling him a bottle of liquor?

11. tasha says:

Rita knows the man name she was tying him to the label. That is all nothing serious.

Karl can have several seats he always back pedals.

VB always looks great. Karl did the photography for the shoot I believe.

12. Claire says:

@Jee Just for my own personal edification: When’s the last time I (Claire–not Faith, Cliché´, or Jihan, who wrote this post), got an ID wrong? I just want to know. Because this is the first I’m hearing of it…? And if I can’t find something, in Mail Bombs, for example, I’m very honest about it.
    I’m assuming you guys are leaving these comments to be constructive. So help us do better. Thanks!

13. Nakia P says:

Um Jee and Sir Paul please go somewhere else, you don’t have to visit this blog.
    Claire ignore these idiots.

14. Jihan says:

still confused as to what in this post isn’t about fashion? The bit about FASHION DESIGNER Peter Dundas with Rita Ora at a FASHION event which we (and every single fashion site) covered? Or is it the bit about Azealia Banks talking about a FASHION HOUSE’s Spring collection?

?

15. LOL at these folks always criticizing the site, but find themselves clicking the link everyday, hmmm. Haters will hate.

16. Sandra says:

Why do people come on the FB to attack Claire. I don’t get that. If you don’t like her stay away from her blog.

I did see Karl Lagerfield on the 8 pm French News on France 2 .

Uncle Karl knows that he cannot bite the hands of those that are feeding him. France may not be competitive like he allegedly said in Spain Marie Claire, but he knows that his career is where it is today because of France. We forgive you uncle Karl. You are just one of those people that don’t think before to talk.

I will not be surprise if he says something stupid in the next couple of months.

17. why is everyone referring sir paul as rita…whose rita. and claire i love your site…

18. Danielle says:

75%!?! Shoot I’d be mad too!

19. mirage says:

I, too, would like to know when Claire got designers mad. Bloggers mad they aren’t getting as much shine as Claire, kinda pathetic. If people as much effort into their craft as they do into bashing a pretty successful businesswoman, then they wouldn’t need to troll and show how envious they are.

20. love says:

whoa where all the harsh comments coming from??

21. wyo says:

@labelwhorre.com WTF

22. Kay'Gee says:

^^ lol i was thinking that too when i read her comment.

23. Marie says:

Well…François Hollande is not the prime minister but the president! I guess you guys should get your foreign politic straight…

24. jee says:

First I said I love the site!! I work in fashion and sometimes you don’t exactly match the designer with the garments/ accessories correctly. This is very important I’m sure you know that. It doesn’t matter who post anything you are the boss! You’re still responsible for your team even if your time is spent differently.