October 19th, 2012
Fashion, Fashion News
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

• Roberto Cavalli tells WWD that he meant no shade to Giorgio Armani when he claimed the Camera Nazionale della Moda would “not go against the wishes of ‘Little King’ Armani,” and change the date of his Spring 2013 show. Cavalli instead blames the lamestream media for manufacturing a beef between the two designers. “They wanted to create problems,” he said. “It’s not with Armani that I have a problem. I knew from someone else that the show calendar was changed. Armani does what he likes to do, and that is completely right. It was the Camera Nazionale della Moda. They should tell me, not make me learn it from somebody else. I’m honored to be friends with [Armani.] I could tell you so many stories about our friendship.” (WWD)

Lady Gaga has been offered £3million to star alongside Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson in the upcoming Zoolander sequel. The singer and walking fashion experiment may play one of the points in a Hansel-Gaga-Zoolander love triangle. (The Sun)

• Jordin Sparks is the latest star to stamp her name on a fragrance. Come mid-November, the songstress will release ‘Ambition,’ whose notes include bitter orange and lemon zest, amongst other yummy smells. Hey, at least it’s not another celebrity clothing line! (WWD)

• Vogue has published an excerpt from Grace Coddington‘s memoir. It is as awesome as you’d expect. (Vogue)

• Anna Wintour might automatically get a front row seat at any fashion show she attends, but when it came to Tuesday’s Presedential debate, the editrix was banished to the bleachers. Now she knows how I feel for the lion’s share of Fashion Week. (Page Six)

Sports Illustrated cover girl Kate Upton has scored yet another feature in the Vogue’s November issue. The seven-page spread includes a profile on Upton, in which the magazine is careful to point out (in the most congratulatory of ways, naturally) that the 19-year-old –gasp!– actually eats full meals:  “… she’s not stick-thin. Upton makes a point of eating, sleeping, and exercising – a potential ambassador of fashion-model health, as she sees it. ‘I don’t want to starve myself,‘ she says. ‘I still want to hang out with my family and be a normal girl. You have to be confident, and that doesn’t mean starving yourself.’” Upton continues, “I think it’s important to look at magazines and think a healthy lifestyle is attainable. Now that the fashion industry likes the idea of me, I’m happy if I can have an influence.” (Vogue)

• Here’s the ad for the new Just Cavalli fragrance, starring Georgia May Jagger. (WWD)

~Jihan

16 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Roberto Cavalli Clears Up Giorgio Armani Beef, Jordin Sparks to Release A Fragrance, and Peep The New Ad for Just Cavalli’s New Fragrance”

1. wayward chic says:

So none of these people r black… except Jordan….

Fashiinbomb qualitt over quantity..

Claire quit trying so hard ti be a celeb… Your one in ur own right.. Now focus on what got your here.. Your blog on BLACK FASHION.. This isnt ur first time giving us all white..

2. Kitty B. says:

I’m OVER the celebrity fragrances! Try something new and different and soemthing hasnt been run throught the mud over a million times…Majority of the time the fragances arent even good!

Anyway we can get a better pic of Gaga in that dress?…i spit my coffee out for this one lol

3. hotmama says:

Didnt realize news had to be all black in order for it to be interesting. I get your point but widen your perspective its a big world we live in and her site focuses on a fair share

4. COOOCOOOO says:

^^ What are you talking about? This site is about FASHION, yes its geared towards black women but it doesn’t mean white designers and celbirities can’t feature here- they always have in fact…plus Jordin Sparks was also mentioend., are you blind? If you have nothing smart to say just shut up.

5. Mely B says:

I’m happy for Jordin – expand your brand, girl. I’m interested enough in the ingredients to give it a try when it’s released, I am so sick of celebrity fragrances all smelling alike – vanilla/florals.

6. kay says:

LMFAO at Lady Gaga “outfit” Just made my day!! And why the hell Jordan Spark is puttin out a fragarance why why why?

7. COOOCOOOO says:

@ Wayward Chic

8. Hello says:

Georgia May Jagger’s gap in that ad is hawt!

9. TheAntifash says:

I can’t wait to read Coddington’s Memoir! Love her.

Georgia May Jagger is so cute to me. I love her teeth Lol.

There are some women who look fabulous and are able to really pull off Comme Des Garçons (Iris Apfel), and then there are women who lack the grace and style to do so, and end up looking like clowns (Gaga).

Upton is hot! It’s really hard to believe she’s under the legal drinking age…

10. Bryan Flyin says:

Urban Fashion is not just black; I am not sure if you are a frequent visitor of the blog but there was an article recently explaining the idea of urban fashion and what it truly means. I guess you missed that one. @ Wayward Chic

Please keep the FASHION coming fashion bomb team!

11. rachely says:

Kate Upton is a doll! love that pic of her…
    why do people constantly talk about this whole ‘black fashion blog’ thing. It’s really irritating…check the about me section to see what this site is REALLY about, and if you don’t like it…don’t visit.

Love this post…variety is good for the soul.. xoxo

12. *SoRude* says:

Fashion is Fashion….it has no color or creed
    Back to the post….GaGa looks like she should be in the next Willy Wonka movie…lol
    I’m glad Jordan Sparks is doing the perfume thing but I’m not sure if there is enough spotlight shined on that side of the industry
    Kate looks good but I almost feel like I’m robbing the cradle now that I know how old she is…geeeeze..

13. Brit says:

Ugh… I’m so over Kate upton she’s not the only model who’s ever been called fat!!! Tyra banks ring a bell…Lara stone? How about Coco rocha? I mean seriously her facial features aren’t that striking for her to even be consider a “supermodel”. Showing your double d’s and poking out your a.s do not make you a “Fashion” model.

14. harpreet says:

FBD features Padma and Freida, and a host of others who are not black, this is firstly a fashion site, but you cannot deny that FBD focuses on a diverse crowd.

15. Dee says:

This will make the second fragrance that Jordan has released. Congrat!

16. nmillmich25 says:

@Dee I know right! I love her first fragrance can’t wait for the second.