October 18th, 2012
Celebrity Style, Week in Chic
This Week in Chic: Alicia Keys, Joan Smalls, Rihanna, and More!
By Faith

Happy Thursday folks!

This week has flown by and I cannot wait for the weekend as a pre-Halloween costume party awaits!

The ladies were out and about this week and kept it sexy in leather, loads of leg, and mostly all-black. Of course, not everyone went for va-va voom and the rest just kept it pretty and polished.

Check out some of this week’s most noteworthy looks:

Alicia Keys went for red lips and a two-tone leather jacket while at a meet and greet in ATL. Hot!

All-black was the look for Joan Smalls who exposed some skin in a crop top and long skirt while at the Mario Testino Exhibit Party at the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston.

Rihanna kept it neutral in a form-fitting mini dress and brown sandals after hitting Greystone Manor in LA. Work it Rih!

Like Joan, Kim Kardashian went for all-black with a pop of metallic at Miami International Airport. She slipped on her favorite Tom Ford blouse (which she already has in red), leather skinnies, Christian Louboutin Coxinelle Pumps, and casually grasped a black fur. The lifestyles of the rich and famous…I’ve never seen any look like this in the airport, but leave it to Kimmy to go glam in the most mundane of places.

First Lady Michelle Obama added some print to the week’s looks while making an appearance on LIVE with Kelly and Michael.

Everything was coming up gold for Chanel Iman at the God’s Love We Deliver 2012 Golden Heart Awards in NYC. Yes Chanel!

Allyson Felix also glimmered in gold at the 33rd Annual Salute to Women in Sports Gala in NYC.

Kimora Lee Simmons dazzled in white at the Mr. Pink Ginseng Launch Party in Beverly Hills. She’s aging backwards: let’s call her Kimora Lee Button.

While at the DASH store in Miami, Kourtney Kardashian looked ’70s chic in a scarf print blouse and wide-leg pants. Hot!

Jennifer Lopez went for luxury in a python coat while in Berlin. I need to see the inside of her closet, stat!

Eva Longoria posed with Deepak Chopra at the Nine Rivers Gala at the Rubin Museum. She looks beyond stunning and I’m totally into Mr. Chopra’s kicks!

Another all-black look…Ashley Madekwe threw on a leather, mini dress and boots at the Chateau Marmont.

Salma Hayek showed off her curves on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon. She’s my girl crush: you can see why.

At the 2012 Resolution Projects Resolve Gala, Chrissy Teigen and John Legend were the epitome of elegance.

Hannah Simone practically shut the entire 3rd Annual Autumn Party in West Hollywood down in a white keyhole-detailed sheath and strappy nude sandals.

Right behind Hannah at the Autumn Party was Garcelle Beauvais who looked like a Park Avenue princess in a fur shrug, black sheath, and red peep-toe sandals. Give it to us Garcelle!

Along with Solange Knowles, Condola Rashad was also in attendance at the American Ballet Theatre Opening Night Fall New York City Center Gala. She looked radiant in a white strapless gown. This woman is definitely one to watch!

Supermodel Alek Wek was also at the ABT Opening Night Gala. She gave a black Zac Posen gown a pop of color with a McKenzie Liautaud statement necklace.

Nicole Ari Parker showed off her new cornrows in a casual look in NYC. I like it!

A pink trench and matching lips uplifted Leona Lewis’s simple black look at Mahiki Nightclub in London.

Who had your favorite looks this week?

30 Responses to “This Week in Chic: Alicia Keys, Joan Smalls, Rihanna, and More!”

1. Jenna says:

I honestly think everyone looks nice. Love Kim, Rihanna, and Joan Smalls outfits!

Joan looks classy in her crop top and the other day Kim looked kinda trashy in hers. I guess it’s all in the way you put it together Kimye.

2. Taj says:

I see a lot of hot looks. Alicia, Jennifer, Kim, and Hannah are my favorite looks of the week.

3. AH says:

Wow, Garcelle looks amazing. “Photo shoot fresh, lookin like wealth.” Polished and sophisticated from head to toe.

Hannah Simone and Chanel Iman had my favorite looks this week. Everyone looked good, but they looked stunning! WOW!

5. kay says:

Hannah look AMAZING!!! I’m all about enhancement, if theirs one person who should get boob enhancement i would have to nominate Eva Longoria. im sorry for someone whos always in body skin tight dress she has no curve, no pow pow!! idk shes just to boxy to me

6. The SPS says:

Why are Kourtney’s pants so long? Those pants are ill fitting on Kim [look at the crotch].

7. SHAQ NICHOLE says:

So many hot looks to talk about..where to start: Although I am tired of seeing Kim K, she looks amazing! J-lo, I need to get deets on her glasses. She looks like 70′s glam.. HOTNESS!! Salma definitely hits that saucy button all day every day. She looks absolutely amazing for her age, as well as Kimora! Great post.

8. aries says:

jlo shut it down w/the python coat.

9. Chaniele says:

Love everyone’s outfits, but Kourtney should’ve rolled up her pants and cuffed it since she’s tiny.

10. reesha says:

O.K. I need J.Lo’s coat,and Garcelle’s shoes with Kimora’s dress!!

11. Dion says:

Oh my gosh everyone looked GREAT! Hannah is so pretty, Selma DAMN girl please dont hurt ‘em! Nicole is SO fly with those cornrows! Eva, my feet hurts just LOOKING at those shoes but she looks beautiful none the less. My FLOTUS is ALWAYS on point! Those pants on Kourt are a tad bit too long I think. She looks cute though. and JLO that damn jacket yes hun…yes. Robyn marry me, its legal in NYC now. and im confused, is it cold in maimi? Kimmy looks great though lol

12. itsjustme says:

kourtney looks sloppy with her pants draggin on the ground. no ma’am. everyone else looks great.

13. AH says:

@Kay,

What a silly thing to say. She does not “need” a boob job. What is wrong with people these days? No wonder so many little girls have low self esteem.

14. AD says:

Khourtney’s pretty much walking on her pants. They’re too long. Otherwise, these looks are hot.

15. Keisha says:

I agree with the sentiment’s on Kourtney’s pants they need a good hemming….

16. Shelly says:

Allyson Felix is a beautiful woman…but who did her makeup??? It is not done well, and it actually adds years (upon years) to her face.

17. Michelle says:

other than peeing two hems that needed to be shortened…everyone looks great!

18. Kisha says:

Kim and jLo were my favs. I just love Kourtney’s sense of style too, theres something kind of quirky about it.

19. Angela says:

Ok.. I honestly think everyone looked good EXCEPT for Kourtney K.

20. t-fal says:

Everyone looks amah-zing! Except Condola rashad, pretty girl, but the cotillion dress is killing me.

21. t-fal says:

lol@ Dion! Yeah, a fur in miami is a bit much, but she looks so good i didn’t think about the fact that it’s illogical lol!

22. sondria says:

Need to know who Rihanna is wearing!!

23. Abby says:

Kim K looks hot! (Literally and figuratively)…and if Kourtney’s trousers were tailored properly that look would have been a hit, Ashley and Rihanna look cute

24. Bre Bre says:

Everybody looked great. Kourtney’s pants were in Khloe’s size… mix up maybe? lol

25. Tai says:

I agree with @AH…why does anyone NEED a boob job? If Eva is happy with her own body, who has the right to tell her to go under the knife?? Just an odd statement to me…

Anyway, I loved everyone’s looks but JLo killed it with that leather coat and I would have liked Kourtney’s alot more if she wasn’t walking on her pants

26. Kimora, JLo and Kourtney look fab. Kourt just needs to get them pants hemmed asap.

Please excuse the all caps but this was the BEST WEEK EVER!!!

28. errbody just b wearing black says:

Who died?

29. rachely says:

Everyone looks good this week. Yes Kourt’s trousers are a little long… Kim K looks gorgeous and I love Ashley Madekwe’s look.

30. Brit says:

I love joan’s style but WTF is up with this outfit…the fabrics are clashing and the top looks ill-fitting and not very well made at all smh