October 16th, 2012
Celebrity Style, Ciara, Hot or Hmm

Ciara is making her promotional rounds while in New York, and is actually interviewing with Fashion Bomb TV this afternoon! Earlier today, however, she popped by VH1′s Morning Buzz to discuss her new album and upcoming projects. For the occasion, she slipped on a sheer knit turtleneck, pleated drop crotch pants, and $1,895 Christian Louboutin Equestria Boots:

She pulled her hair into a cute top knot, and finished her look with a touch of red lipstick.

Her vertiginous booties feature a 6″ heel and a 2 1/2″ platform.

Those look painful.
At any rate, I can see Ciara’s slowly but surely moving away from her high hems and leg baring outfits. But these pants don’t work for me.
What do you think?

*Have style questions for Mrs. 1, 2 Step? Leave ‘em in the comments!

53 Responses to “Hot! or Hmm…: Ciara’s VH1 Big Morning Buzz Sheer Knit Top, Harem Pants, and Christian Louboutin Equestria Boots”

1. Dom Dom says:

Unmitigated disaster, dahling!

Question for Ciara:

Who’s your stylist?

2. ify says:

The pants are so not flattering!she looks good from her head to her waist..from below the waist is just wrong!

3. The SPS says:

Questions to ask her: 1. Why? 2. What direction is she going in? 3. Can you [Claire] style her?

4. CA says:

She is so beautiful tho…why is she dressing like this?! lol

5. ashleigh says:

it was somewhat acceptable until i saw the boots with the pants.

6. DBShuneek says:

Ciara is too tall for this look!

7. vain319 says:

not a good look for her.Why did she wear those clown pants?

8. I like the pants but not with the shirt and shoes.
    My question for any celebrity……

I would like to know what does she do in order to give back to the youth? Especially in the urban communities.

Does she or has she ever thought about opening a dance studio for children? she is one of the best dancers in the industry! Sharing the love on that talent would be or if a studio exsist is awsome.

Oh and how often does she work out & What does she do when working out?

9. Opps you said style questions! Got it :o/

10. bella says:

lmfao @SPS. my thoughts exactly. Ciara always looks a FOOL. she needs guidance.

11. CaramelHottie says:

I like this look. It’s her style; sexy, chic meets tomboy. Let Rihanna had wore it… Everybody would be here for it.

12. Natasha says:

I don’t need Ciara teaching my daughter how to twerk, thanks. She can give back in some other way :lol: As to the outfit, it makes her look long but the boots are beautiful on their own.

13. Robin says:

i think she is a little too tall to pull that off. some one shorter because she looks like she is on stilts

14. Another mind boggling conundrum… Why someone so attractive, talented and physically fit continues to make bad choices? Ciara have had limited success because she continues to make the wrong decisions. Truly something to think about…

15. TMaryMack says:

the pants are cute, just not with those boots.

16. Savage says:

I dig the whole fit. Its chic, easy and at the same time she looks effortlessly cool. Good for her!

17. Mrs Windy City says:

She looks like she was going for a Gwen Stefani type outfit and it was cute until the boots.

18. Soul Touch says:

I like the look…until I got to the shoes. The shoes don’t work for me with this outfit.

19. SLIMB says:

I love it, she looks cute – its different from her normal look.

20. ilovethissite says:

I agree with most of the comments, she needs guidance in the styling dept. Perhaps if the harem pants weren’t SO baggy it wouldn’t look like she was wearing one of those “overnight diapers” my toddler wears at night. I think she could have pulled off the leather pants w/ the baggy pockets that Kim K wore in a post from yesterday. The boots belong to a completely different outfit.

21. Enigma says:

I like the outfit and just think she needed to pair it with different shoes.

22. COOOOOCOOO says:

I didn’t realise Ciara was also a part of G.O.O.D music X-D…JKS LOOOL! Joking aside, this is teh kind of look I’ve ONLY ever seen work on Christine Centenera- you have to be very willowy, slight and small framed to carry this look off

23. Mely B says:

Note to Ciara – girl let’s conjur a spell so we can switch bodies and I’ll show you how to dress a body like that. Her hair, makeup & shoes are gorgeous but she loses all points in that awful get up.

24. Keisha says:

I actually like this look on her, I’m not sure what it is but she looks great to me ;)

25. AzizMom says:

Poor Ciara. I think the fans are just as hard on her as they are Keri Hilson. Anyway, this is not doing it for me. I think she would have scored higher making this a sporty look with the wedge sneakers. Those boots are for something else. Ciara has a lot of work to do fashion-wise and musically to be relevant again.

26. Juice love says:

No, no a thousand times no smh I feel like she always tries for that Rihanna edge but its just not working for her

27. Kisha says:

She looks great from the neck up and the ankles down.

28. Sabrina says:

Who is her stylist? How long does it take for her to get ready for events? Does she still spend $12,000 a month on shoes? Who are some of her favorite designers?

29. KBS says:

The reason why Rhianna would have killed it is because she wouldn’t have worn those frankenshoes! I never see her wearing those ridiculous platforms. They make everyone’s feet look like clown feet.
    Anyway, I miss the “Goodies” CiCi.

30. Andrea says:

I think she looks great. Her arms are a beast.

31. hotmama says:

She looks FABULOUS! love the look

32. hotmama says:

In addition…i think it would have looked better with a graphic t-shirt (like Celine) and booties or high heeled sandals (Nicholas Kirkwood)

Questions: Is she taking style tips from Kim K. and her beaux Kanye?
    Which celeb style does she most admire, if any?

34. Dion says:

Questions? Will she be the one asnwering them? Just curious.

I dont think she looks bad! I think maybe the shoes are a bit much like most of them comments have said! She is so fit though dang girl give me those arms! lol

35. Sandra says:

Ciara cannot seem to get it right. I used to be a fan until she started turning me off. This outfit does not look nice on her. The sheer top is horrible and those shoes have got to go. Once again, just because you can afford high-end designer clothes does not mean that you know how to dress and that the clothes would look nice on you. Who styled her? Because whoever did it fail.

36. andyouare says:

AM I THE ONLY ONE THAT WAS DISTRACTED BY HER NIPPLE SHOWING THRU HER TOP?????? WHY IS HER NIPPLE SO HIGH?????

37. Lee-Lee says:

She tries too hard!!!!!!

38. Jennifer says:

Her arms are the DEFINITION of sculpted. Geez!

39. mamareese says:

CiCi I’ma tell you how to do this better next time. A white lo/hi shirt would have set this off prefectly and some less chunky shoes. Something more danity would have balanced out the harshness of the pants…..just saying. Now that’ll be 5,000 for styling…..

40. kat says:

Stop.

HAMMERTIME!

41. @KyleniR says:

She looks wonderful! I can not wait until I can see her interview with y’all I love Ciara!!!!!!!

42. Jinx Moneypenny says:

Nawl. This doesn’t work. I think part of it is, I think she needs to go darker (hair colour). I don’t really like how this colour looks on her. She seems to just be wearing whatever and it shows.

No ma’am.

43. Jaz says:

I hate it all-from her hair to her shoes. Nope.

44. Anasty says:

hell.2.da.nooooooooo

45. DIVA says:

this is not a good look CiCi

46. Kay'Gee says:

Seems like her stylist took a day off?

47. Estania says:

The pants threw it all off she tried to go for a mod edgy look but it came out appearing as she just left a choreo rehearsal and put on heels

48. Jacqueline says:

Luv her hair and the red lips……the shoes r tight just not with those pants….the the sheer top is a no no…..

49. Nika says:

the pants and boots dont go together.

50. I think she looks great here. If a tall, lean person can’t pull of those pants then who the hell can? The shoes are beautiful, but not the best choice for this look.