October 16th, 2012
HM Designer Sale, Lookbook
Lookbook: Maison Martin Margiela for H&M
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

When I first got wind that H&M‘s fall designer collaboration would be with Maison Martin Margiela, I was nothing short of excited. The iconic house makes for a perfect pairing with the fast-fashion retailer. H&M has been teasing us with little previews of what to expect here and there, but finally, the brand has released the look book for the range– and it’s awesome.

The collection features affordable versions of some of the house’s most recognizable pieces from its 23-year existence. From deconstructed, oversized menswear looks to a glove-strap purse (a definite must-have), this collection is decidedly chic.

The menswear offerings are a little less flashy, but there a few trendy pieces sure to satisfy the sartorial whims of any fashionisto.

The line is due in stores Novemebr 15th, and now that Kanye West fans know what Margiela actually is, I’m sure we can expect a small frenzy over this collaboration. I’ve got my eye on the grey-and black turtleneck, that glove purse, and the patchwork printed wrap dress.

Will you be picking up anything from this collection?

~ Jihan

maison-martin-margiela-hm-1

31 Responses to “Lookbook: Maison Martin Margiela for H&M”

Oh I am excited about this…just from seeing some of the pieces. #loveit!

2. "You Left My Comments for Dead" says:

I feel like whenever they do these exclusive lines at H+M, all the clothes are gone before i get there. lol

3. Ah, I hope this isn’t another cheap collabo where all the pieces are made in China and look horrible in person.. I have high hopes.

4. Dion says:

Oh I love it!

5. dyshaun says:

BOMB!

6. Omgeezy!! says:

Oh hells no!! That oversized menswear for a woman is a mess!!!

7. Ahdahmah says:

LOVE THE RED DRESS.

8. Jay says:

Will they be selling the footwear seen on the models?

9. tasha says:

All i want is that red dress. When is the release date again?

10. Jihan says:

the release date is mentioned in bold in the post. November 15th.

11. Sheena knight says:

Do these pieces flatter petite figures? I’m an introverted triangle 5’2″ I doubt I could benefit from these looks. Anyone care to enlighten me?

12. Dionne says:

I love this! It looks so expensive they did a good job collaborating on this.

13. iQgraphics says:

Nope, I am not impressed. These clothes look like botched tailoring, like something I made in 7th grade home ec. Like Gordon Gartrelle. Them jeans look like you can buy an oversized pair from the salvation army, and fold over the button so that they will stay up….

14. Above Par says:

I actually REALLY love these looks, VERY chic, edgy, different, and nothing is form fitting, which I think will put a lot of the girls on a different tip.

15. mi manning says:

where the hell would u wear this?! plus….H&M makes their clothes too damn small…fester!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. Brit says:

The red dress is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

17. Grace says:

Most of these items look absolutely awful and as if they wouldn’t translate well from the runway to real life. Unless you’re 5’10″ and slim, you’d probably also have other causes for concern…

18. McKenzie says:

That glove purse is weird :s

19. Chris styles says:

Eh *kanye shurg*

20. Ali says:

Meh…not feeling this collection. Some of these clothes look like oversized blankets!

21. if you are a lady with curves, you obviously do not wear the pieces like the models…instead, you break them up. for example the oversized white sweater would look amazing as a dress with a belt and sick shoes. just sayin…

22. Carmen says:

this ish is ugly

23. ilovethissite says:

Unfortunately I don’t live in one of the cities where this or any of the other designer collections are avaliable….which brings me to the question…
    Is H&M literally the only retailer on earth that doesn’t have an e-commerce website yet!?!?!? What’s the deal….

24. AH says:

No thank you, like someone said above these would interesting on the runway but in real life it would go from artistic to bag lady

25. KBS says:

I am soooooo dead @ that Gordon Gartrelle comment..Theo was ahead of his time, didn’t ya know?
    I love this, I still hate H&M, but I love this. Like someone mentioned, it’ll be gone before you can get to the store!

26. KK says:

From the looks of these outfits, you would have to be both really tall and really thin in order to wear them without looking crazy.

Couldnt they have taken the signature look and made it just a tiny bit more commercialized?

27. I NEED those lucite wedges in my life!

28. DIVA says:

Bedsheet/ Dalai Lama chic….. I can’t !

29. Nikki says:

That red dress is everything!!!!

30. Shoeicide says:

I think this has its place in fashion. It reminds me of Fabio’s style on Project Runway. I can appreciate the fashion-factor, but lawd knows I would look ridiculous in all of these fits. This is an example of when you have to make sure that you wear the clothes, and don’t let the clothes wear you.