October 16th, 2012
Fashion Bombshell of the Day
Fashion Bombshell of the Day: Brittany from Tennessee

Check out today’s Bombshell! The lucky lady is Brittany from Nashville, Tennessee:

She types, “ I am the founder and writer of the plus size fashion blog, PocketsandBows.blogspot.com.”

“I would definitely consider myself a fashion enthusiast, therefore my style is always evolving, but the one thing that I always stay true to is being classy.”

“[As] a plus size blogger, I feel that it is my duty to show the world that size does not dictate style.”

I know society likes to put us in a box of empire waist garments and straight leg pants…”

“… but I will not be confined by what society deems as acceptable for MY body.”

… I am known for pushing the envelope when it comes to my style as far as what is expected and though sometimes I may get a little flack, I wear what I love and what makes me feel good.”

” As my motto reads on my fashion blog: ‘I love to be told what not to wear, because I will break all the rules.’”

“It would really be an honor to be featured as a Fashion Bombshell and I hope that I can inspire just one plus size woman out there to think outside of the box.”

” Live and Dress free ladies :)”

I love it! I loved all your cinched waist outfits, particularly the black dress with the statement belt. You’re working it, and you’re gorgeous.
What do you think?

Posted In
148 comments

148 Responses to “Fashion Bombshell of the Day: Brittany from Tennessee”

1. jumelle12 says:

Stunning Girl- love it- the only outfit I didn’t care for (didn’t care for the fit) was the yellow/white striped top tucked in with the black pants-

I’m loving that polka-dot number and your hair is beautiful!

2. Fab! I love the pleated skirt with the split and the citron dress.

3. A. Marie says:

She got it!

4. Tori says:

Love this black/white/animal print ensemble!!! She’s totally confident in her skin!!

5. loveis4u says:

I loved all the outfits…just the your pouch was really bothering me…..undergarments are our best friends love…..but other than that i loved every outfit….and your hair…..

6. Lilz says:

Love her style. Her hair is also on point. I especially like her outfit when she has bangs-black and white top cinched with a belt with the black pants-fierce!

7. Camilla says:

First of all let me say, Brittany is a BOMBSHELL. I actually came across her blog a few months ago, and I was really impressed. I feel as though sometimes plus size bombshells or bloggers get the “she dresses good” pass because they dress better than most plus size women, HOWEVER, in Brittany’s case I don’t feel that the whole “she dresses good for a big girl applies” – I think she simply just dresses good and has style for days.

I know the ladies on here who feel as though the plus size submissions always get a pass because they’re plus size are going to have something to say – “her clothes are tight”, “her clothes are ill-fitting” blah blah blah. If you take her outfits and you just simply look at her style you KNOW she’s fly (ADMIT IT) and I truly hope this doesn’t turn into a nasty debate about size and sh**.

Love your style Brittany!

8. Jai says:

A true representation of what style, class, and elegance should look like. You put together the outfits very well and the colors chosen have truly complimented the color of your skin. Very gorgeous girl…….

9. unsee says:

If I saw her walking down the street I’d say she knows how to dress for her shape and is very cute but I wouldn’t say “Omg I need everything she has on”. That’s all I got!

10. Jlynn719 says:

Some of the fits are off but I see where she was going….

11. Eb says:

Yes..a true Bombschell!! Stylish without being over the top! Work Brittany!

12. teezytizzle says:

Lovely, just lovely! Absolute bombshell!

13. Jazz says:

BEAUTIFUL girl! Love the polka dot look. Very sophisticated chic, not overdone. This is MY type of style. Love it

14. Autumn says:

OMG!!! I LOVE HER STYLE! Def checking out her blog. By far one of the best I’ve seen!

15. Style4Curves says:

My fave plus size blogger!!! A lot of times I am underwhelmed by fashion choices in the plus size blogger world but Brittany inspires me every time she posts. She is not afraid of prints or color, and she definitely keeps it CLASSY!!! ♥ u girlie!!!!

16. MeSheHer says:

Her style is so cute, but she needs to go UP a size on all looks. People would look at the fashion more and not the tummy (Photoshop is very noticeable). If her clothes didn’t cling to her it would be a lot less distracting -very good taste.

17. hotmama says:

She looks beautiful and has great style
    She should definitely work on her health as well. Being overweight is unhealthy and is a killer for black women. Brittany, I love your style and concentrate in your health and losing fat. Fat is a killer, associated with heart disease and cancer. We want that fabulous style around for a very long time!

18. Miss j says:

I love her style , I love her blog and she always post nice pictures on instagram. She gets it right all the time for me

19. Mrs Windy City says:

Yasssss. Werk! Loves it.

20. Chase says:

Pretty girl and the belted dress was nice but then comes the spandex and horrible photoshop. I like the fact you look comfortable in your body but these looks could have been much better if not for the ill fit. I thinks it’s important to know what looks good on your body type but certain pieces are not designed for all bodies.

21. aries says:

she is gorgeous, definitely a bombshell, love the beige pleated skirt.

22. TheMrs says:

I like her style!

23. tasha says:

Very cute style. She knows what works for her body. I wish more women understood that. I would order a couple piece she rocks. Saw a picture of her on IG last week.

24. lou says:

I love it! She has great style, I’m going to check her blog now. Keep up the great work beautiful x

25. Lily says:

Beautiful

26. AmazinRee says:

Yes, she’s a bombshell!!

27. Sherrie says:

This has to be the best “plus sized” bomber. She’s very pretty and well put together, her shoe game is on point.

28. Calencia says:

I love everything!!! Work honeee!!!

29. Soul Touch says:

I think you are just gorgeous. I totally agree that size does not dictate style. I love the fact that you don’t run from colour. Only thing is, I found a few of your pieces very ill fitting, accentuating a few ‘problem’ areas..

I really like the pleated black dress.

30. BRITTANY…IS DAZ BOMB….first i want to raid her closet and steal the shoes…second the hair is on POINT. third, the confidence!!!! off the roof.

31. SheBatty says:

I stumbled upon PocketsandBows a while back. Love her style and confidence. SO NICE TO FINALLY SEE A PLUS SIZED BOMBSHELL!

32. Dee says:

Love her blog. She is the reason I wanted the AA disco pants.

33. Jennifer says:

Not just because she’s from the hometown, but because she’s FLY.
    I’d suggest a shaper—not to hide her curves, but to streamline them. Aside from that though, she’s on. (Wipe her down!)

34. heyyall says:

Yup she’s right on….keep it up..

35. Love her blog and her style. She has a lot of confidence and I love that about her.

_

Shanicexoxo | The Girly Blog

36. tyty says:

Brittany brings life into EVERY outfit! She wears what SHE likes and makes it look damn good, and it shows! Classy with a pinch of edge!

Her hair is always on point as well as her shoe game! Her style might not be for everyone, but her inspiration is!

The girl can dress her ass of and I give credit where credit is due! And she is SERVING us with that leg action in the pleated skirt! Do your thang boo!!!

37. KynDough says:

SO PROUD OF HER! beautiful girl inside & out. Her confidence can inspire the world. Go Britt! I wanna be next.

38. gigi says:

So, I went on her blog….every outfit this girl is KILL’IN ITTTTTTTTT
    I love the use of color, you make sure to have the head to toe look DOWN. ***clap clap*** for you hunny.

39. Loni says:

She’s a very attractive woman and she has great style but those disco pants are not flattering.

40. jorishopsalot says:

YAYYYYY Brittany… I found out about Brittany from her blog and I have stalked it ever since… She is a prime example that it doesn’t matter what size you are but style is style… I have gotten soo much inspiration from her and I am soo glad she is being featured!!!

Congrats Brittany!

41. Mo says:

I follow Brittany’s blog and for anyone who is saying her pictures are photoshopped or that her health is poor, please check out her blog and see her weight loss journey before you make comments like that. Regardless of her size, her hair, makeup and style is fab but more importantly, her self-confidence is awesome! Stay stylish sistah!!

42. yusufswifee says:

pretty girl, fan on the blog.

43. Kisha says:

She is so beautiful. I love that she submitted so many looks. My only criticism is that the disco pants are not flattering on her, but it may have been the camera angle. Nonetheless, I voted Bombshell!

44. Adesnooki says:

Yes lawwwd! That hair is laid to the gods of remi and her clothes are really fresh and cute. Not a fan of those american apparrel-esque shiny high waisted numbers though. But I pretty much hate them on everyone.

45. COTN says:

Awesome Bombshell!

46. doyouboo! says:

You people are hilarious…this girl is a bombshell. All the comments regarding her weight and “clingy” clothes are irrelevant. I foudn her blog for a while back, however, I hadnt checked it out in recent months…but I almost didnt recognize her. She has lost so much weight and looks great ( I thought she dressed her body well at any size) which is a clear indication that she is concerned about her health…just because someone is not “stick” thin does not mean they are unhealthy…now, back to her FASHION post, since this is what her submission was about fashion, if she wanted to submit to a health care blog, i am sure she would have. She is such a beautiful girl. Love her style and her fashion sense…her clothes fit her well and her shoes are dope. Godspeed Britney!

47. Liz says:

I think most women have problem areas regardless of your size you shouldn’t wear certain styles to accentuate them to prove a point to “society”. With that said the pieces that do fit her well compliment her beauty & don’t detract with should be any bombshell’s goal.

48. mamareese says:

I follow and LOVE her blog!!! Her weight loss has been short of AMAZING and she has KILLA style. And she’s from my ol’ stomping ground. Get it girl!!!

49. Nodisha says:

She is my new SHero. As a woman whom is on the edge of “plus size” I have been needing to find a way to dress my new body after giving birth. She has great confidence and I can learn a lot from her.