October 15th, 2012
Celebrity Style, Fashion, Hot or Hmm
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

Hey Bombers and Bombshells!

Hope you all had wonderful weekends. Our celebrity friends were out and about, most notably at the BET’s Black Girls Rock! awards show, where several famous faces tested the limits of our collective backshot thresholds.

Let’s get into it:

Kerry Washington looked stunning in a beaded Marchesa dress, Christian Louboutin pumps, and a clutch by Anndra Neen.

Tracee Ellis Ross gave us a half backshot in a long, black gown. The actress and hostess for the night upped the glam factor with feathered lashes:

Lash on lash on lash!

Eva Longoria was on hand, rocking a knitted Altuzarra Dana Budeanu frock, Christian Louboutin ankle strap pumps, and YSL clutch.

Meagan Good might be married now, but that doesn’t mean she can’t show us her knickers. The actress opted for all black everything in a sleeveless cropped turtleneck top, and sheer pantaloons. She kept her makeup predictably questionable.

Ms. Good-Franklin gave us only half a backshot. I mean, if you’re going to show us your skivvies, might as well commit to the full rear snap.

Ciara showed up in a look from Givenchy‘s Spring 2013 collection. Note to celebrities who ascribe to the Kardashian-West school of thought: just because it’s Givenchy and looks good on certain fashion editors, does not mean it will be flattering on you. Hmm…

Taraji P. Henson showed the kids how it’s done in this gold peplum Diane von Furstenberg Delian dress and obligatory Christian Louboutin pumps. Love the dress, not so into the shoes, digging the backshot:

Oooh wee!

Keyshia Cole was gorgeous in a grey Jovani gown and Jimmy Choo shoes.

Fellas, this is why black girls rock!

Eric Benet sadly wore a shirt, but still managed to look hot.

At her age, Dionne Warwick can wear and do whatever she wants.

India.Arie showed off her curves in a bumblebee chic look.

Lala Anthony‘s velvet Balmain minidress made her backshot that much more dynamic.

Regina King kept it classy in a feather-embellished black frock.

Bow Wow thought these likely non-prescription glasses would make him look smart.

Surprise! It’s Janelle Monàe in a tuxedo.

And lastly, Gabrielle Union bet on black in a lace cap sleeved dress from Dolce & Gabbana.

Meanwhile, Nelly suprised his longtime girlfriend Ashanti with a surprise birthday dinner. The singer’s makeup artist was a little heavy-handed on the foundation tip that night, but other than that, Ms. Ashanti looks fabulous!

They’re too cute!

Rihanna stepped out in her favorite Tom Ford sandals, a Helmut Lang barbell button shirt, and jean shorts with gold grommets. Hot!

Gabby Douglas spoke at an iGlow Pink Pearls & Pretty Dress Girls Empowerment Brunch in Chicago in a Juicy Couture blazer and skirt, and Joan & David heels. I simply can’t take her cuteness. Schoolgirl chic!

Usain Bolt braved the cold outside the Standard hotel in NYC.

Kimye were matching in their respective black and charcoal looks. Kim showed off the twins in a cutout bralet, finishing her look with a sheer Lanvin skirt, belt, and silver pumps. Say what you want about Kim, but her body is fan-freaking-tastic.

Pharell Williams‘s facial hair is giving me Rastaman uncle Lindbergh realness.

Viola Davis opted for a bright fuchsia Max Mara dress at a Rape Treatment Center fundraiser this weekend. Of course, that hue looks amazing against her coffee-colored skin. Stunning.

Halle Berry looked relaxed and chic on her way to a dinner date with foine fiancée Olivier.

Finally, Denzel Washington and wife Pauletta hit up the  New York Film Festival to catch a presentation of Denz’s upcoming movie, ‘Flight.’ Not only is Pauletta rocking one of the Dolce & Gabanna Fall 2012 frocks I want, but she is also married to Denzel– so I hate her.

And there you have it! Who do you think had the best looks?

~Jihan

40 Responses to “Weekend Hot! or Hmm…: BET’s Black Girls Rock! 2012, Ashanti, Pharrell Williams, and More!”

1. anon says:

Too many folks to comment on, but I will say that Kim K has way too much money to walk around in such an ill-fitting skirt. And the comment about Ciara and celebs just rocking whatev because of the name…I CONCUR. Ciara looks horrible. I saw pics from BGR on other sites and I did not like most of the outfits. FBD posted more celebs and I definitely liked Regina’s and Taraji’s looks.

2. anon says:

As usually I love Rih’s look. And Aashanti had two parties this weekend and I liked both of her fits.

3. Nikki says:

I forgot what I was going to type after “Rastaman uncle Lindbergh realness” LMAO I can’t!!!!!

4. aries says:

Halle Berry is too cute, her skin is everything, love Eva Longoria heels & clutch bag. i love Viola Davis’ Jimmy Choo shoes. Keyshia Cole is cute, but I have never seen her really rock the evening wear yet. Taraji has a cute look, don’t like what Ciara, Gabrielle Union or Kim K had on. Regina King look nice and Rihanna can’t go wrong with those legs. and i love the phrase “black girls rock.”

5. EntertainmentsFuture says:

I dont think Kerri looks “stunning” for someone who was being honored. That dress looks mediocre..

6. Loni says:

Rihanna never fails too look insanely hot! Pharell is my main squeeze and Lala looks amazing!

7. Brandon says:

Meagan Good and Ciara look a PLUM FOOL…….What the hell???????

8. Pdot says:

ummm kim.. go back home. thnx.

claire i see u making that weight watchers money

those purple glasses tho…… wtf

10. Marsha D says:

Haaaa!! Jihan I friggin luv u gurl!!! I can’t!! x_x lolol. Can’t even comment in the fashion now…..

11. Bre Bre says:

ok… so what was the significance of the “buckshot” pics at Black Girls Rock? is that how we uplift Black girls now a days… encourage having a phat ass. Do music videos not do that enough?
    I’m confused 0_o

12. Kay says:

Who the hell dress Gabby I know she’s a kid but c’mon now

13. Shelly says:

Lala Anthony and Regina King (surprisingly, lol) for the win/best dressed!

14. QueenSafira says:

@BreBre- i agree. They all just had to have an ass picture and this is the one place that it definitely was not needed. This kind of program is to show how black women are NOT just our body parts yet these images are contradicting that message.

15. Star says:

The Shade of it all! Thank you Jihan for giving me my daily fashion tea.

16. Sheba says:

LOl @ encourage having a phat ass.. , no encouragement needed. Some do have, they are real and they are fabulous !! Why not turn a cheek and show it off!

17. MzGip says:

Viola Davis looks absolutely beautiful! I love her natural hair, and her skin tho!!!

18. Jessica says:

I love GABBY DOUGLAS’S LOOK. THIS IS THE BEST I’VE SEEN HER IN A WHILE. ITS GOOD TO SEE HER IN SOMETHING OTHER THAN THOSE ILL-FITTING DRESSES THEY KEEP PUTTING HER IN. LOVE IT! SHE LOOK ELITE!!! HER HAIR LOOKS BETTER TOO!

19. Dom says:

LOL @ Lash on lash on lash

Rhi is killin em! So missing cut-off season! Is it summer yet?

20. heyyall says:

wait mrs. good is married to a so cld pastor..right…

21. Bre Bre says:

-___- @ Sheba… and I’m sure bands will make ur ass dance too!

22. Kisha says:

Kesyshia Cole looked stunning, Ashanti is as cute as ever, Tracee Ellis Ross can do no wrong in my eyes and I’m loving the longer hair and bangs on Taraji.

23. Nikkibellaray says:

A lot of em were looking good, some hmmms (Ciara) but definitely some hotties, my faves Megz and Taraji!

24. mirage says:

Kimye is a walking PSA on why men should not dress their women. WHY KIM WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHY????

25. SHAQ NICHOLE says:

Like what the heck are you wearing Ciara???? Taraji looks absolutely stunning!

26. Jei says:

Way too many ppl to comment on. Tracee Ellis Ross is always fab. Taraji, La La && Regina King look great. Ciara..just no. Meagan Good..just no. Kim K..like the top but the skirt..you have to much money for all of your clothes to be looking that poorly fitted ugh.

27. Jei says:

Oh && Pharrell can always get it.

28. Kahalia says:

Bre Bre and Queen, thanks for the comments on the butt shots. It’s unnecessary when the theme os Black Girls Rock. SO. Over. That.
    PS loved Jihan’s Rasta name for Pharrel, the band aid is killing me!

29. Lolodoll11 says:

Halle always looks cute and comfy. Need the deets on India’s dress. How is Kim’s body freaktastic when we can see her rolls with this outfit? Both Rihanna and Tracey look nice in the all black.

30. Dria says:

Keyshia is workin that gown, Loving Lala’s whole look, Ashanti and Nelly are too cute, and Rih’s legs will not quit! Hot as usual. That is all.

31. Likkke Miss says:

I just love Jihan! Usain Bolt is repping JA in a lovely way in that suit, honay! Rihanna? Fab! Kim is working at the Pyramind, tonight. I expected more from Kerry, very average.

32. mia says:

Rih is killing, Ciara needs to get her change…o_0…. Ashanti and Nelly look good together (now if he will put a ring on it) keisha Meh…can do without her and La’s looks. Kimye all though they do compliment each others Swag…. they are starting to look like they are trying to hard. Style and flyness (if that’s a word) should be effortless and they are string to hard to make it look so planned ….. Kanye get a new muse.

33. chi chi says:

Taraji wins here, hair, body, dress, everything. Kerri is average. Ciara, chile no!, Tracee Ellis Ross- luv u, Janelle should have done without the jacket, her pants and clutch are dressy enough, Rihanna, just gimme your skin/hair, Gabrielle looks dull, Megan looks inappropriate for a black-tie event such as this, No comment for Kimye. Eric what’s with the pose? Pharell, no.

34. cottoncandy says:

Usain Bolt looking handsome

35. ChasidyChevonne says:

But why were all those beautiful black women doing “backshot” poses? Leave that to Kim Kardashian.

36. Dion says:

Jihaaannn!!! I am DONE!

“Lash on lash on lash”
    Dead

“At her age, Dionne Warwick can wear and do whatever she wants.”
    Dead

“giving me Rastaman uncle Lindbergh realness”
    Dead

“but she is also married to Denzel– so I hate her.”
    Died

please me my best friend.

Rihanna can do no blasted wrong! (Cece take note my dear)

37. T says:

Meagan Good is so pretty and I just want her to get it right one time. Just one time. She always goes for the video vixen look which is not always appropriate or necessary and her face reminds me of when it’s extra cold out and your mom smears Vaseline all over it. Dewy/luminous skin is not synonymous with greasy face. And those eyebrows…no words. Ok I’m done.

38. la mala says:

i need denzel to start dressing like he did in that gq spread. this is not acceptable (from the neck down).

39. hotpink 380 says:

what kind of sweater is nelly wearing? I really like that , I wanna get one for my husband.