October 15th, 2012
Fashion, Fashion News, Rihanna, Tyra Banks
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

20121015-172911.jpg

• They say, “write what you know,” and who knows or likes to talk about Tyra Banks more than Tyra Banks? The model mogul announced plans to air a new sitcom called Fivehead, a show *loosely* based on how she went from being an ugly duckling to a Harvard Business School certificate- wielding swan. (Vogue UK)

Christian Louboutin‘s studded red patent leather pumps are this year’s “Sexiest Shoe,” according to Footwear News and Saks Fifth Avenue’s annual poll. The saucy shoe beat out Stuart Weitzman‘s burgundy patent pumps and Jimmy Choo‘s black suede sandals with silver sequins, which took the #2 and 3 slots, respectively. (WWD)

Rih Rih’s a sad panda :’(

• Won’t somebody please take Rihanna out on a date? The songstress dished to Vogue in the upcoming November issue: “I would love to go on a date. You don’t think that? I’m a woman. A young woman, vibrant, and I love to have fun. No one asks. Trust me on that. I’m waiting for the man who’s ballsy enough to deal with me. And I have too many vaginas around me at this point.” The disgruntled Bajan continued, “Seriously, all I want is a guy to take me out and make me laugh for a good hour and take my ass back home. He doesn’t even have to come up. All I want is a conversation for an hour.” (Vogue UK)

• Riri’s really having it rough. She can’t get a date, and no one in the UK is interested in watching her reality design show, Styled to Rock. The program has enjoyed lackluster ratings so far, and might not be around for a second season. (Daily Mail)

• Green haired spitfire Sofi Green will host alongside Charlemagne and DJ Envy for MTV 2′s new show, Week in Jams. (MTV)

• At long last, here’s Brad Pitt‘s somber, squinty spot for Chanel No.5. (Chanel YouTube)

~ Jihan

15 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Tyra Banks is Working on A Scripted Sitcom, Rihanna’s Styled to Rock Show May Be Cancelled, and Brad Pitt’s Chanel No. 5 Commercial is…Unique

1. Mesa says:

Rih girl I feel your struggle!! I haven’t been on a date in a minute! Lol. I think us Pisces women are hard to deal with period lol

2. Yetty says:

That video was really awkward…

3. Kay says:

Why does Tyra insist on shoving this story down our throats? No shade. I love her; one of my inspirations. It’s beautiful how she overcame her flaws and insecurities and became a model/mogul. But, yall can’t tell me we haven’t heard this story 1,000,000 different ways 1,000,000 different times!

4. Kay says:

Rihanna hasn’t been on a date because she waiting for Chris brown to ask her out. I’m sure she gets ask but turn them down be cause it will ruin her reputation with Chris brown

5. Tyra needs to get over herself. Every chance she gets she’s talking about herself. That is the most unattractive thing about her.

6. Andrea says:

I overheard two men this morning saying Tyra wants to be RuPaul but she can’t because she’s too fake and annoying..spot on imo. Never thought about the comparison.

7. ukie says:

Brad can still get it.

8. CA says:

Rih I’ll take you on a date!! Just make sure I get home by 10…I don’t want to make mama upset :/

9. Mads says:

Gosh – am I the only one watching Styled to Rock then? RiRi is hardly in it tbh, her stylist Lisa carries the whole show and is amazing. Some of the contestants are a bit irritating and Nicola Roberts is clearly trying to launch herself as a style guru (without success) but I’m surprised they won’t make a second series. It’s no worse than the myriad of other reality shows out there.

10. Nicki says:

Tyra is so self-absorbed. No one wants to see her stupid sitcom, because she’s told that story more times than anyone cares to listen.

11. Jaslene says:

Now you know Tyra worked hard for that certificate.

12. COOOOOCOOO says:

I watch Styled to Rock! I think its really good! Porblem is though, Rihanna is not on the show that much TBH she just makes ‘appearances’ on every 3 or so shows for a little bit…and also, if youre not interested in fashion, theres no point in watching. If the show was just a reality show about Rihannas life on tour, it would et better ratings X-D…..also its on Sky Living or something, and no-one watches that channel anyway….

13. Brittany says:

Mmm Brad Pitt

14. Dion says:

Brad makes me feel weird..and Brad makes me feel MANY things but weird uuhhh never!

Tyra baby. No.

Sad about Rihanna not getting a date, but I guess that comes with being a celebrity, but what Kay said she’s probably waiting for Breezy :/

Also if she barley comes on the show then why the bloody hell is she doing it?

15. Danielle says:

Mmm. Idk what brad said in the commercial, but he brings that old school Robert Redford sexy in this Chanel spot.