October 15th, 2012
Celebrity Style, Hot or Hmm

Lala Anthony was one of the many stars in attendance at BET’s Black Girls Rock 2012. For the occasion, she went high end, slipping on a $5,570 Balmain Devoré Velvet Mini Dress along with Christian Louboutin pumps.

For hair and makeup, she slicked her hair into a high bun, and went for smokey eyes and nude lips.

The cocktail is fashioned out of dark green velvet and features peaked padded shoulders, side patch pockets, and an exposed back zipper.

Check out the back:

Lala loves her labels, so this is perfect for her! I think she looks great and very apropos for the fun night.
What do you think?

If your’e up for the splurge, get yours at Net-a-Porter.

Stay tuned for the full red carpet rundown in Weekend Hot or Hmm!

16 Responses to “Hot! or Hmm…: Lala Anthony’s Black Girls Rock! 2012 Balmain Devoré Velvet Mini Dress”

1. Naynay says:

She looks AMAZING!

2. Lolodoll11 says:

Cute dress. I like this look from the knees up on LaLa. Something odd about her lower legs. Cute look nonetheless.

3. Taj says:

Lala looks beautiful and that dress is amazing.

4. DBShuneek says:

lala always pulls it off with the dresses she needs to stick to them because everything else she wears screams needs a stylist bad!

5. jillibooboo says:

…but her face.

6. Deb says:

hey K.K. that’s how you wear velvet…
    AMAZING

7. COOOOOCOOO says:

My issue with Lala is always the same: the fake butt vs. the skiny legs and narrow hips just throws me off….by her standards though, this is a huge win, I LOVE the colour of the dress and the hairstyle….I just wish I didn’t feel like she was always trying so damn hard

8. Dion says:

hmm I didnt like it at first, but seeing it from head to toe totally changed my mind. She looks great!

9. tasha says:

Lala’s make up is flawless. Im not feeling the velvet maybe if it was another material sans the turtle neck.

10. AzizMom says:

I find Lala’s styles to come natural. She has a great face and is working with the body she got. This is a definite win and very cute!

11. Pdot says:

she tries waaaay to hard… smh like chill B.

12. Anything BALMAIN is amazing!!

13. styleordye says:

She looks great! However she was very vocal about ” not being black” and ” not wanting to be considered black” in Latina magazine. Not that she shouldnt be a proud Latina but shit, God forbid someone thought you were black because of your black son, black husband and all these black events you attend.

14. Tiffany says:

She looks great! Hair laid. Face beat. And I love the color of that dress!

15. Reezy says:

I think this is the best she has EVER looked. Guess she borrowed Kimmy’s makeup artist for this event. WERQ