October 14th, 2012
Celebrity Style, Shopping

Melissa writes, “Saw these pictures of Brandy from her Wildest Dream video shoot on Instagram and I love this look.

… The shorts and the Boots with the vintage tee. Who are these boots by?”

Brandy danced it up in a $285 Balenciaga Sphinx T-shirt, $70 Topshop Moto Dip Dye Aztec Embroidered Denim Hotpants, and what appear to be $1,750 Givenchy Red Fold Over Boots.
Her now sold out sleeveless tee is from Balenciaga’s EgyptoFunk collection:

Her shorts are also sold out, and boast a dip dye effect and aztec embroidery:

Not 100% sure about her boots, but they look like these Givenchy creations, which boast a low heel and a foldover detail:

You might recognize the tee from one of my fashion week Style Diaries. I wore mine with an Alexander Wang croco effect leather skirt and Alexander Wang Joan Pumps:

Brandy’s giving me ideas on how I can rock mine!
At any rate, all her pieces are sold out, but you can get the look with these separates:

What do you think?

31 Responses to “Get the Look: Brandy’s Instagram Wildest Dreams Video Balenciaga Weird Trip T-Shirt, Topshop Moto Dip Dye Aztec Embroidered Denim Hotpants, and Red Knee High Boots”

1. Rosie M. says:

This is her video look!!?? That tee is old as hell and TopShop shorts – she might need to raise the budget – not feeling it!!!! She needs to get a new stylist if this is whats being brought to the table – looks like Elle Varner, not Brandy…she can look much better than that!

2. iCan't says:

She looks good to me, very in shape. Those boots are everything. Werk sis!

3. Rosie M. says:

She looks like Jessica Simpson from Dukes of Hazard…..it’s almost 2013!!!…come with us Brandy…

4. LouLou says:

Um I think you guys are missing the point of the video lol. It’s supposed to give an old school feel. She looks great!

5. Kay says:

I guess shorts won’t be worn in 2013. Lol. Brandy looks great! From the looks of it on her IG, she wore the same shorts for her Black Girls Rock performance. Love the way she wore them on both occasions.

6. Tiffany says:

I personally feel that she looks AMAZING! Love the whole look! She def has the body to pull it off. GO BRANDY!

7. Jennifer says:

Brandy looks so pretty! I think the outfit is cute for her. It may be a throwback, but it’s certainly in style right now with the 90s wave we’re experiencing.

8. Melrause says:

why would i buy a $285 T-shirt??
    These are the uggliest boots i’ve ever seen.

9. My Response says:

she looks great. i didn’t realise those were those ugly boots. They look good on her though.

10. tasha says:

Brandy looks super cute. Loving the look. I would actually rock this to a concert.

11. Cherie says:

Super cute and unexpected!

12. Jbrizzy says:

Brandy looks fierce, Idk what y’all are talking about

13. MelyB says:

Brandy looks amazing! Luv everything from her hair to those boots.

14. eae609 says:

She looks gorgeous and fun!

Get over yourselves……some of you sound like shallow haters! This is why fashion is so amazing because its an expression/extension of our selves, so its DIFFERENT based on everyones personality…….NOT about the price of your items, what store it came from, what season something was brought out or who may have started it!

15. Yawn says:

These overpriced t-shirts are a disgrace.

16. jme says:

Brandy looks fab! i personally think she’s been hitting the mark for a while now…..

since when did shorts and t-shirts go out of style?

17. HUH says:

It’s cute but I’d rather see it on Ciara. The American flag theme doesn’t seem to go w/ Brandy’s overall look. Brandy’s 33 & I feel like she looks like she’s trying a bit too hard.

18. Brandy = unoriginal.

Okay, I’m not trying to throw shade –But when is she going to stop looking like a follower?! Everything she has released since her (for lack of better words) “comeback” has seriously been putting off vibes that she is desperately trying to seem cool or be an A lister.

This outfit is cute, I will giver her stylist that…but its just super awkward on Brandy.
    Smh, and I used to love her back in the day..

19. brooklyn says:

so what its been done before its still a lil pricy tee an some nice shorts an boots an she looks good i would love to see yall bumass closets

20. Bhud says:

while I do love this look on the fantastic brandy, my only problem ever is is that she always looks like her own backup dancer… idk

21. Chris styles says:

I’m loving Brandy’s whole look! She’s the only one I’ve seen so far to rock those boots and not look like a complete idiot.

22. shanita says:

Y’all SHAN’T be making me like those…those…”BOOTS!” I can’t…simply canNOT. But Bran does look shvetz…very crute.

23. Rosie M. says:

She looks like a backup dancer in her own video! Hated it!!!!

24. Lolodoll11 says:

Cute look on B Rocka. Looking at this pic, have a suggestion for a post. Boot suggestions for ladies with athletic / muscular calves. I’ve given away so many of my boots due to this issue. These although a little outside of my price range look like they’d work with my lower leg muscles.

Brandy has been On Point for a while now (and I was NOT a fan of her style). Her latest looks (including this one) are the best she’s ever looked, in my opinion. #WerkBrandy!

26. TheAntifash says:

I’m not even a fan, but I think she looks cute here. You guys are reading her for filth for no reason. Save it for those who truly need to be read…

27. B-Rocka looks great here! Who cares what season something is? Get a life, nothing she is wearing looks dated.

Brandy looks great! Love that fit!

29. Oookkk says:

Ya’ll women give shade for no reason! If Rihanna had this on ya’ll would be singing praises! But on Brandy it’s dated and not costly enough, have several seats! Brandy is the only one I seen pull off them ugly as# boots! I’m not even a fan of hers and gotta admit ole girl looks good! Body is CTFU!

30. Keity says:

You know how they are on here, worship white girls (i.e. Kim Kardashian) but the black girls, it’s always a problem. First off it’s a video so lighten up, secondly clothes no longer have a season, you wear what you want, when you want, how you want. Thirdly she really is working those weird boots, because K.K. definitely didn’t and couldn’t pull it off!

31. Dee says:

Love it! I love Brandy and I rooting for her!

^^^^ at Keity I soooo agree…smdh!