October 11th, 2012
Celebrity Style, Week in Chic
This Week in Chic: Nia Long, Jordin Sparks, Jay-Z, and More!
By Faith

Happy Thursday guys and gals!

This week flew by, but it isn’t over yet! I’m excited for the Vice Presidential debate tonight: it’s less than a month away from voting time.

As much as I love our favorite celebs and their daily traipsing, I’m more excited by stars that we don’t see on a regular basis and this week was all about them.

Check out some of this week’s hottest looks:

Nia Long was on hand at Target’s “Falling For You” New York Event at Terminal 5. She kept it simple in a $55 Labworks Long Sleeve Tweed Jacket, denim, and black platform pumps. She’s my girl crush!

Actress Condola Rashad was also spotted at the Target event in a strapless black and grey lace dress.

Last, but not least was Melanie Fiona who uplifted a black top and black booties with gold chains and printed pants. Not sure how I feel about this one…

At the City of Hope event honoring Halston CEO Ben Malka with the Spirit of Life Award in LA, Jordin Sparks looked beautiful in all-black.

Jay-Z and The Dream were spotted heading to Meek Mill’s Dreams and Nightmares Listening Party in NYC. Loving Jay-Z’s $155 Billionaire Boys Club BBC Script Crewneck!

The man of the night sported a $195 Alexander McQueen Skull Print Cotton T-Shirt. Estelle was also in attendance in a foil print getup while Rick Ross resembled a black bear that won a fight with a python.

Dania Ramirez
went glam at the launch of Tacori’s City Lights Jewelry Collection in an embellished sheath with a plunging v-neckline and a pair of $945 Manolo Blahnik Something Blue Satin Pumps. Hot!

Chrissy Teigen showed off her enviable bone structure at the Macallan Masters of Photography Series Launch in NYC in a contrast strap LBD and gold sandals.

A leather jumpsuit was the look of the night for Rita Ora at Paper Magazine’s 2012 Nightlife Awards. I like it! All I needed here was sleeker hair: curls just don’t go with this edgy look.

Across the pond, Alesha Dixon looked great in a studded dress and lace-up sandals at The Look Show at the Royal Courts of Justice in London.

The fountain of youth was overflowing at Bravo’s Watch What Happens Live show when Vanessa Williams made an appearance. Work Vanessa!

In the streets of LA, Jessica Alba gave a simple look a pop of color with $154 Joie Sayla Silk Drawstring Pants.

Rounding out the week was British songstress Misha B looked cute and playful at the Radio 1 Teen Awards in London.

Who had your favorite looks this week?

29 Responses to “This Week in Chic: Nia Long, Jordin Sparks, Jay-Z, and More!”

Rita Ora is getting better and better lately….she may be one of my fave looks this week. Her and Dania Ramirez killed!

2. RitaA says:

For once I actually thought Rita Ora looked pretty good, and I actually wouldn’t change the hair!

3. Mely B says:

Dania is almost flawless to me but I guess I’m a “matchy matchy” girl because I don’t like those shoes w/ the dress.

Rita is almost flawless, I agree with you about her hair.

Misha B looks so cute, I can’t wait to hear more music from her!

Aleesha Dixon looks great as well.

“….while Rick Ross resembled a black bear that won a fight with a python” – you owe me a new keyboard & a cup of coffee for this one :)

4. Savage says:

Is that Will Smith in the background in the Jay-Z pic? Lmao

5. DIVA says:

Dania looks amazing !!!!!

6. Stacey says:

@Savage, I was thinking the same thing too!

7. Tyanna says:

I was about to comment on the fashion until I saw Rick Ross & Faith’s comment, LMAO ! I had to pause O_o …is that a blouse, turtle neck, poet shirt , chemise, Henley , guayabera or t-shirt? Regardless, I can’t deal! However at least he wore a shirt this time.

8. Dom says:

I guess I’ll give it to Alesha D. Those Kurts are too cute!

9. Shelly says:

Why is Nia Long so freaking pretty, like, omg!!!! Lol. I swear, she does NOT age. I hope to look that beautiful when I’m 41.

10. Jennifer says:

DEAD DEAD DEAD at Rick Ross’s caption!

Rita looks awesome; Mother Williams looks MY age. Overall this was a great week for celebutantes!

11. CA says:

Yaassss RIITTAAA!!! I want to go see her on the 30th at Highland Ballroom for my b’day! Who’s comin with mi?…

12. I think that is Will Smith…. But is Dream really that tall?

13. jeda says:

“black bear that won a fight with a Python”??? lol, #done

14. SHAQ NICHOLE says:

Nia Nia Nia!!! She’s so beautiful!!! She’s keeps looking younger and younger…

15. Nakia P says:

@Mely B, she owes me a new keyboard too…I had tea though..too funny.
    Does Nia age, she is GORGEOUS!

16. Likkle Miss says:

Alesha’s head always looks so weird in pics, like it’s too small or something. Is it? (inquiring minds wanna know)

I don’t love Nia’s outfit, but no one that beautiful can ever really look bad. Dania looks wicked, and Rita is improving. Clap for her.

17. Dion says:

“….while Rick Ross resembled a black bear that won a fight with a python” Done.

Nia is my lover in my mind.

And what the hell is WIll Smith doing there? lol

18. Kay'Gee says:

lmao that’s not will smith, dats fresh prince! haha

I hope I look as good as Nia when I’m her age….she is so beautiful!!! I love her. True definition of a true beauty!!

20. Kay says:

i think the Jay-Z picture was photoshopped…what is Will Smith doing and going to Meek Mill listening party. OAN: why does Meek Mill always make that face expression like a runaway slave that got caught

21. Shelly says:

I believe it is Will Smith, lol. I’m sure he is supporting his fellow Philadelphian rap artist in Meek Mill. And he’s probably good friend with Jay-z, since they are both SUPER rich, lol.

22. LJF67 says:

The description of Rick Ross is a classic and should be preserved for the ages! (clapping, well done, bravo!)

23. Stephanie says:

Dont know who Chrissy Teigan is, but she looks stunning

24. Anon says:

Nia has thee best mua. Her makeup always looks great. Im an artist and this is how i love makeup, fresh and understated. No contouring, overly drawn on brows. Just natural, with glitter on it ;)

25. mar says:

I know this has nothing to do with fashion but Dania R. Boob job is HORRID makes the dress look cheap!

26. Aw man says:

FIRST OF ALL…I think that IS will smith…lol I’m so glad somebody else saw him lurking back there…
    And second…IS that the dream??!!? I mean…it looks like mr Nash buuuut…I’ve been to a concert & everything, and it was a small concert in Dallas, he CANNOT be that tall lol. What the…

27. Jei says:

I came for Nia Long. She’s always gorg. && still looks so youthful && radiant. Happy to have caught a glimpse of my Fresh Prince lol. Love him too.

28. haley says:

any idea who makes Chrissy’s dress?

29. Kayla Hope says:

All gorgeous ladies! But I especially love Jordin Sparks she is amazing, I just saw her in the new Reebok video and she looks better than ever! Check her out http://bit.ly/ZigLite