October 10th, 2012
Fashion News
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

• It seems Sessilee Lopez isn’t the only model chef out there. Jourdan Dunn is set to star in her own cooking show for Jay-Z‘s Life and Times YouTube Channel, titled Well Dunn With Jourdan Dunn. Cute! While Hova’s channel is set to launch this week, there is no word on when Jourdan’s show will air. Will you be watching? (Vogue UK)

Beyoncé has dropped out of Clint Eastwood‘s remake of A Star is Born, leaving all the stans to languish in front of their respective closet shrines. While Bey’s folks have yet to comment, sources cite the singer’s hectic schedule as the reason for her withdrawal. (Variety)

Donatella and Me from Susie Bubble on Vimeo.

Susie Bubble asked Donatella Versace what she thinks of people who say her designs are tacky. Unfazed, Queen Mother Donatella replied: “First of all, a reaction is a good thing anyway. The people who struggle are the ones with no reactions at all, so, I mean, they’re too safe. Tacky, never mind — what is tacky? What is chic?” (The Cut)

• Here’s your morning dose of awkwardness. Karl Lagerfeld appeared on a France’s Le Grand Journal on Monday night, and was awkwardly pranked by the show’s staff. An actor presented himself as a fan of Grand Journal, and also, pampered cats à la the adorable Choupette Lagerfeld. This “fan” then introduced his own cat, which was really a grown man in a cat costume (bear suit?) and diaper. Uncle Karl seemed only mildly amused. The rest of us were weirded out. (The Cut)

~Jihan

9 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Jourdan Dunn to Star in Cooking Show, Beyoncé Pulls Out of A Star is Born, and Karl Lagerfeld Gets Pranked on French TV, Is Not Amused”

1. LC says:

I’m assuming Bey dropping out has lots to do with Clint Eastwood’s stance on Obama.

2. MoD says:

I liked Donatella’s responses. Even though I’m not a Versace fan it’s still a historic fashion house and she’s been holding it down.

Also I’m a conspiracy theorist but could Beyonce pulling out of the project be in any way involved with Clint’s political leanings. Lordt knows I don’t look at him the same after the RNC lol.

xx

madeofdecorum.blogspot.com

3. MoD says:

Ugh my post got ate the hell up what the french toast lol!

Anyway I’m with LC I think Beyonce may have pulled out because of his political affiliations. Everyone side eyed him at the RNC.

xx

madeofdecorum.blogspot.com

4. Dion says:

Oh Bey be honest for ONCE! I love ya girl but we all know you pulled out because of Mr. Eastwoods antics at the RNC! lol

Good Answer Donatella!

And Uncle Karl is just awkward all around lol

5. Claire says:

I needed subtitles with that Donatella interview. She did give a good answer, however.

6. Rhapsody says:

I *heart* Donatella!

And as far as Mrs. Carter:
    1. I would have been very interested to see her act under his direction.
    2. I wonder if her “hectic schedule” is the culprit or that performance he put on at the RNC. Seeing as Beyonce is a huge Barack supporter and all it’s not too far fetched of a thought. She is at a place in her career where she doesn’t need the exposure anymore neccesarily and she can be choosey. But only she knows the real reason.

7. Lex says:

Anyone else think Bey is pregnant?

8. itsjustme says:

i agree with the comments re: eastwood’s lame skit at the RNC. and i’m glad bey dropped out, bc i for one will not pick nah dollar in that man’s pocket.

9. Candylicker says:

I would have respected Bey more if she said she was a supporter of President Obama and will not work with Mr. Eastwood on this project, but she didn’t so I still don’t