October 10th, 2012
Men's style, Shopping

Did you tune into BET’s Hip-Hop Awards last night?
I was out at a writing class (trying to get my skills up!), but heard it was good–particularly the Chris Lighty tribute.
Meek Mill performed as well, embracing this season’s leather sleeves trend in a $1,440 Alexander McQueen Degradé Leather Sleeved Cotton Sweatshirt:

The splurge has degradé raglan sleeves which fade from leather to cotton-jersey:

Quite a pricey piece, but if money is no object, get yours at Mr. Porter.

Now on to other topics: why are his pants so dern low…?

I definitely feel like a crotchety old lady when I say, “Pull your pants up!” But am I alone?

13 Responses to “Men’s Fashion Flash: Meek Mill’s BET Hip Hop Awards Performance Alexander McQueen Degradé Leather Sleeved Cotton Sweatshirt”

1. Yes Indeed says:

No Claire, you are not alone… These pants need to be pulled up STAT!

2. Just here for the comments says:

Nice shirt but it doesn’t fit him. It looks a tad too small.

3. Kay says:

ha $1500 for that…i got mine for $45 BUCKS!!! they are so easy to make…im sure he returned it back…knowing the way he goes off on IG and Twitter yeah he returned it back

4. Yes Indeed says:

@ Kay, where did you get yours if you don’t mind sharing?

5. tasha says:

I love the sweatshirt. Super cute and I would rock it. But I dont know why he has his pants so low. not attractive.

6. Phylicia says:

I’m 25 and I feel the same way. The only thing I could say is “Why are his pants on the ground?” Does that make me old? Lol I love that shirt but he ruined it with the buffoonish pants that scream, “I’m trying too hard”. Sorry to vent but I just wish this fad would go away! Ya feel me?

7. I can’t with those sagging pants. How are you going to wear a sweater thats a 1/2 too small and have your pants below your butt making it look even smaller? Not to mention it looks nasty.

8. Jean L. says:

I think Meek could have step it up for the show and he look real stupid with his pants hanging off his butt….smdh

9. his rosary which i heard ran in the thousands is like 30 bucks on my site.

10. Jennifer says:

Of course I know the answer, but why would anyone else who’s not keeping up with the Joneses pay $1500 for the equivalent of leather 3/4 sleeve?

11. Shawn says:

Nike makes a sweater witj leather sleeves for $70 at Nordstrom

12. DIVA says:

I am not feeling this leather sleeve on sweaters or the leather t-shirts… I think its tacky.

13. Stephanie says:

Not bad.. but then again its not like he did anything particularly stunning either.