October 10th, 2012
Celebrity Style, Hot or Hmm, Solange Knowles
By Faith

Solange Knowles and Rita Ora partied it up at the Absolut Tune Launch Party at The Top of The Standard in NYC. Both ladies wore edgy looks showcasing their personal style: Solange in a $1,280 Esteban Cortazar Satin and Chiffon Bustier Dress and mirror leather Giuseppe Zanotti sandals, and Rita in a contrast lapel embellished blazer from Emilio Pucci’s Fall 2012 collection, a printed button-front blouse, blue metallic skinnies, and point-toe pumps:

In the beauty department, both Solo and Rita gave me life on this dreary Wednesday morning!

Solange loves herself some Esteban Cortazar and I don’t blame her! I’ve been a fan since his days at Ungaro. Her dress is crafted from ivory satin and chiffon and features a shoulder cutout, visible leather bustier, side splits, and a chiffon underskirt.

Both ladies look fab here! I like the contrast in both looks and Rita is really doing it for me lately: perhaps this menswear-inspired niche is where she should stay.

What do you think? Hot! or Hmm…?

29 Responses to “Hot! or Hmm…: Solange Knowles in Esteban Cortazar and Rita Ora in Emilio Pucci at the Absolut Tune Launch Party”

1. niksmit says:

Solange’s look is hot and all I have is hm for Rita Ora.
    I don’t like these recent posts combining two looks. If y’all are gon do that, then the poll needs more options.

2. Muah says:

That dress solange has on is just plain ugly and enough with the “gave me life” phase. Ugh!

3. COCO says:

I dunno why, on paper, she has it all but Rita Ora NEVER does it for me style wise, ot other wise, she lacks the ‘It’ factor for me…..Solange on the other hand, could give me life wearing a garbage bag, she’s just so amazing- her personal style just captures the fashion Zeitgeist- and this outfit shows that eprfectly- its eclectic, modern, futuristic…and a little left…LOVE LOVE LOVE her

4. Fabo says:

I love this new solange I’ve been seeing for the past 2 1/2 years. Shes hotter than Bey to me «— opinion. Rita Ora’s nails always look hot….n thats all I have to say about her

5. Kay says:

Forget the dress…solanger SHOES ARE FIRE!!!

6. Yes! More on the shoes please…

7. Marsha D says:

Rita who? Solange all day…..
    BTW Rita looks like an extra from The Revolution…..

8. tt says:

never like anything rita o wears, solange’s dress is not doing it for me, but those shoes…yes, hunty! @ fabo, yes, solange is THE fashionista in the knowles family.

9. Sarah says:

Solange usually looks way better than this, I love the concept of the dress but it looks unfinished but I love her HAIR!!!
    I love Rita, but it’s the pants…she is still beautiful!!

10. Solange looks fab even though the cutout in her dress is a bit sloppy. Those shoes are everything! Rita looks nice, but the close up shot is giving me old hag. Smile child!

11. TT says:

Something is off with Rita’s roots. Both look great though!

12. ChasidyChevonne says:

Another “miss” for Rita. Let’s call her Can’tGetRight

13. Solange looks great! She manages to make a very complicated dress look effortless. He hair looks great too.

14. Dion says:

Solo looks great. I would have loved some color on her lips though but either than that the girl is fly!

Rita, for some reason I cant figure out what is off putting about her. Like one of the commenters said, she has everything that should work, but somehow, just doesnt. I wonder what it could be?

15. whatevs says:

why the hell is Solange sharing a post with Rita…of all people…

16. Snailz says:

I like Solange all the time normally.. I would expect this look from her. Rita, I actually never like but this is cool.. hoooowweevver.. everything about her screams watered-down Rihanna. Look at Rita and her fit, and her rings, and her nails again and put it on Rihanna.. So much better,eh??

17. makeeasweet says:

the only thing great on solange are those shoes.the dress is plain and the cut out make her boob look weird.im feeling rita nails,i love wearing light and bright nail polish in winter.why should everything be so dark and dreary cause its colder.

18. Simone! says:

Rita looks different, and not necessarily in a bad way. Solo looks cute, not as cute as she normally looks but cute enough.

19. Tash Myhall says:

Ugh, I’m so sick of this Rita Ora chick especially her style!!! Solange looks amazing as always!

20. DIVA says:

Solo gets an F on that disaster !

21. Tinu says:

yyyaaaaAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

22. Lola A. says:

I hate how they dont clean up the bottom of her brow and just do the top even when she looks great my eyes go straight to that…..but they both look pretty!

23. rudo says:

loving Solo’s hair!

24. Tiffany says:

They BOTH looks a mess! I hope Solange didn’t pull a Rihanna and fire her stylist because she got a little too gassed. Hmmm…

25. AzizMom says:

I have no further comments – everyone previous said it all. *dies laughing*

26. Stephanie says:

Even as a natural, Solange’s hair doesn’t do it for me. Outfit wise, I appreciate the minimalist looks she pulls off. Rita Ora..eghhh idk..

27. Jei says:

Solo is always on point. Rita Ora always looks a hot mess. She needs a new stylist && those roots are not it.

28. Minnesota says:

Solange always a yes! Rita ALWAYS a HELL no! Maybe Solange should give her some styling tips…