October 10th, 2012
Celebrity Style, Men's style, Shopping, Trend, Winter Wardrobe
Fall 2012 Shopping: Leather Sleeves

Leather sleeves have been popping up on sweatshirts, jackets, and tees for Fall 2012!

Though Burberry was one of the first brands to kickstart the trend back in Spring 2011, uplifting their classic trenches with contrast sleeves, the look has truly caught on this autumn for guys and gals.
Take a look:

Ladies, if you love, get the look here:

Guys, we didn’t forget you! Get a few options here:

What do you think? Will you be adopting leather sleeves this fall?

27 Responses to “Fall 2012 Shopping: Leather Sleeves”

1. bella says:

i love this trend! found the perfect leather sleeve jacket last week.

2. ChainingTatum says:

i would credit Rick Owens as the architect of this style. They’re in the 3rd or 4th generation[year] of this style of jacket. also 3.1 Phillip Lim had the braided leather sleeve trench coat a few years ago. Marc Jacobs and Burberry later followed suit.

3. yusufswifee says:

nice – i wore my steve madden yesterday. Ordered one by Walter Baker and the L was too small..then debated between the steve madden and the bebe version. I dont LOVE it, but I think it’ll do.

4. Enigma says:

@yusufwifee I really wanted the Walter Baker one but I found the Steve Madden one for less than half the price of WB so I went with that instead.

5. yusufswifee says:

@enigma…honey that Walter Baker was fab – broke my heart to send it back…but there was just no way. The Steve Madden was on sale for me too. I’m sure I will love it more and more especially when I wear it on the weekend:-)

6. Claire says:

Walter Baker what now? Link please!

7. I love this trend! Tried on a top at Macy’s yesterday, but didn’t like it. The search continues!

8. Kathleen says:

Thanks Claire! I just went online and bought the topshop jacket! Amazing find! I have denim leather sleeve jacket from forever that i got for $30 and a gray slightly heavier jacket w/ the leather sleeves from h&m for $50 for anyone who is looking for some cheaper alternatives :)

9. Bianca says:

I definatley will be adopting this trend I just need to find a jacket that fits my budget….

10. Noirre says:

I want June’s jacket.

11. libby17 says:

Tiny’s top is my fave. Prefer LaLa’s look with heels. And Ciara is adorable. YES to the trend, but have to find another way to rock it to keep it funky and fresh. (oxymoron for sure :-D)

12. Wapagirl says:

Already have been rocking it :). My jacket is like June’s.

13. Kimberly says:

I just purchased a fab leather sleeve jacket from Neiman Marcus. But I really want a sweatshirt

14. yusufswifee says:

@claire, do not worry your pretty little head about the fabulous walter baker coat. The large was UNBEARABLE and did not, I repeat – DID NOT cover the girls – at all.

It was amazing. Here is the link. Good luck!

15. MoD says:

I was dying for this trend last year this year not so much. I haven’t tried any piece on that didn’t look odd on me….Actually I’ll reconsider a letterman jacket with leather sleeves. That would be hot!

16. tasha says:

Loving this trend right now!!! Super cute.

17. t-fal says:

I’ve been eyeing that green and black Ark & Co jacket from piperlime for a while and I never pulled the trigger on ordering it….the sleeves look a little plasticy. Has anyone seen it in person?

OAN – omg, that walter baker trench is amaze!

18. kmichele says:

i make a sweatshirt w/faux leather front….ck the site http://www.etsy.com/shop/kmicheleonline

19. kmichele says:

forgot to mention that the site is temporarily closed until 10/18 in prep for an event but if you click on the “sales” link on the lower left side you’ll see the image.

20. DIVA says:

scrolling down I jumped outta my seat at Tiny’s pic— you gotta warn a sista ! glad I wasn’t eating.

21. itsjustme says:

@yusufswifee: now *why* did you go and post that link?! good GAWD i need that trench!

22. Chris styles says:

Love the trend! Will be coppin’ me a leather sleeve jacket, coat and blazer this season :)

23. Dobe says:

Love them! Last year I bought two from Zara (one menswear coat, and a jacket like June’s), and one a tweed moto jacket with chocolate leather sleeves from the Gap. I am trying not to purchase any more coats/jackets with similar styles, but it wouldn’t hurt for me to add a shirt/sweatshirt to my wardrobe ;)

24. Love this! I just purchased a leather sleeve tee today for $18 and I plan on DIY a leather sleeve trench. I did my own version of the Rag and Bone jacket earlier this year on my Tumblr.

25. Cherokee says:

I love this trend too. I am looking for a jacket or sweater. Although this is trendy for now, it does seem timeless because its leather.

26. andrew says:

Yesterday i bought biker jacket for me at $250 and now think to buy blazer.