October 8th, 2012
Fashion, Fashion News
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

• Teen Vogue has hired a new Beauty & Health director to replace Eva Chen. Who did they hire? None other than Glamour’s Senior Beauty Editor, Elaine Welteroth. Fashionista caught up with her and found out what her new gig entails, “I will be responsible for the direction of the beauty content in the magazine and online. Much like in my current role, my days will be filled with writing, editing, shooting, market work and, of course, lots of instagramming and tweeting. It’s a very creative job, naturally, but one of the differences between a senior beauty editor role and a director role is that it will require the business side of my brain as well.” We know Elaine personally, and can tell you the woman works hard. Congrats, Elaine! (Fashionista)

• It appears someone has stolen over 400 personal items from Yves Saint Laurent, according to the designer’s long time partner, Pierre Bergé. Items are said to include “Approximately 300 sketches, many of which were erotic, as well as a journal.”  The works seem to have been traveling between various owners. They once belonged to Laurent’s former partner, Fabrice Thomas, and was later acquired by an anonymous German businessman who currently wants to either sell or put them up for exhibition. Bergé, however, maintains the items were stolen. (Vogue UK)

• The Carter clan proves yet again that they are just like us, guys! This past weekend Jay-Z rode the NYC subway (peep that Basquiat tee), to his final Barclays show where he performed a decidedly flawless set with wife Beyoncé. Why is it that whenever I ride the train, I only get panhandlers asking me to donate “preferably snakeskin” bags to their cause, and these people get Jay-Z? Where’s the justice? (Gawker)

• In more YSL news, Anja Rubik models Hedi Slimane’s inaugural Saint Laurent collection on the brand’s relaunched website. Get into the fierce snaps here.  (Grazia)

• Dior spokesmodel, Mila Kunis, has overthrown Rihanna as the “Sexiest Woman Alive” by being awarded the honorable title by the folks over at Esquire magazine. It’s nice to see a petite, no fuss woman being revered for her innate sensuality. Work it, Mila! (Telegraph)

~Cliché

8 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Teen Vogue Names Elaine Welteroth New Beauty & Health Director, Over 400 Personal Items Stolen From Yves Saint Laurent, and Jay-Z Rides NYC Subway”

1. ChasidyChevonne. says:

I really dislike Mila’s pose, but she’s a beautiful girl. Love that YSL dress, and this Elaine lady looks healthy and beautiful, so I’m sure the position is a great fit! lol

2. Kay says:

Man Jay-Z should have never got on the train and got off. He had people going crazy!! I was there and being shoved was not fun. I didnt even know it was him till some girl screamed out and then it went downhill. I want my money back!

3. Sandra says:

@ Kay I feel you girl. Someone like J-Zay has no business riding the train in New York City. With all the money he has he can afford to rent a chauffeur for the day incognito instead of creating a mob scene in the subway.

Not cool at all. I was not there but I can imagine the mayhem going on and people rushing to take his photo and say hi to him, pushing and shoving others. I would have been pissed.

4. TheAntifash says:

Tee by Deer Dana @ deerdana.com

5. Jay-Z knows what he’s doing by taking the train! Though I understand the whole hype, he has to promote the center.

6. Lish says:

It’s not that serious. If reports came out about how much his car service cost people would’ve had something to say. Where are the real NYCers… there is pushing and shoving EVERYDAY!!! Try the #4 train during Rush Hour!!!

Anyway….I love Jay-Z and he def loves him some Basquiat. He stated that he was inspired by the artist in his Decoded book.

7. Lolodoll11 says:

Milan is a cutie patootie. Great choice! In terms of Jay riding the subway would you expect anything less from one of the most self serving, attention starved, calculated artists out today? To be expected…was done for Barclay/concert publicity.

8. Dom says:

I love Mila! She’s always been a hottie.