October 4th, 2012
Fashion, Fashion News, Kanye West, Kim Kardashian
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

Hedi Slimane must be enjoying the publicity his feud with Cathy Horyn is garnering, because he won’t leave it alone. After Horyn dismissed his angry open letter in which he calls her a “schoolyard bully” as “silly nonsense,” Slimane took to Twitter to fire back for some reason or another. “What is a ‘silly nonsense’ to me is Catty Horyn still singing her tired bias tune for the NYT. This is an embarrassment for the newspaper,” he tweeted. “The perfect integrity of the New York Times, and its writers, is not precisely ‘just silly nonsense’.” Of course, Lady Gaga has thrown her support behind Slimane, tweeting yesterday: “Monsters, check out @hedislimanetwit garments for YSL this season … a true punk visionary. Modern, forward, LA VERITE.” I guess someone can expect a package of some free Yves– er, Saint Laurent by  Hedi Slimane wares. What do you guys think of this ongoing feud? (Vogue UKThe Cut)

Jennifer Lopez‘s four-year-old daughter Emme attended the Chanel Spring 2013 show wearing over $2,400 worth of accessories from the brand. Blue Ivy Carter, eat your heart out. (Styleite)

• Ever wonder why Kanye West insists on dressing girlfriend Kim Kardashian the way he does? Fashion Bomb reader and Instagrammer @Iam_Ideal may have stumbled upon the reason. The answer might lie with Vogue Australia editor and Yeezy’s personal style consultant Christine Centenera. The editrix is known for her penchant for the monochromatic, and the way she plays with volume in her outfits. Check out their looks side-by-side, and draw your own conclusions. (Fashionista)

• Our First Lady Michelle Obama is so fancy and exclusive. She was spotted wearing a dress from Jason Wu‘s diffusion line, Miss Wu, which isn’t even in stores yet. (The Cut)

Karl Lagerfeld explains that enormous hula hoop beach bag he showed for Chanel’s Spring 2013 collection to the Telegraph. The designer says the bag was designed at such an exaggerated size because “you need space for the beach towel. And then you can put it into the sand and hang things on it, and things like this.” Putting your Chanel bag in the sand!? Excuse me as I reach for my smelling salts. (Telegraph)

~Jihan

18 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Hedi Slimane Taunts Cathy Horyn From Twitter, is Kanye West Styling Kim Kardashian Like Vogue Australia Editor Christine Centenera?, and Karl Lagerfeld Explains That Giant Chanel Hula Hoop Beach Bag”

1. Claire says:

Funny, I saw Christine Centenera shopping at 10 Corso Como in Milan. She was wearing the Kanye West x Giuseppe Zanotti beaded sandals (which I complimented her on, natch). Bish was flyyyy! I thought she was a blogger…learn something new every day on The Fashion Bomb!

2. Kay says:

Kanye should date her instead of Kim clearly the clothes look much better on her. And for J-Lo daughter I can go to Cookies and get that whole outfit for under $50. Gilr bYe!!

3. Heide says:

OMG! Finally someone else besides myself noticed the Kim trying to be Christine. I’ve been saying it every since she got w/Ye and switched up her style. And i’ve been saying it on this blog. Finally! Their eyes are open. Only problem is Kim is no Christine which is why the look hasn’t worked for her. Kim is a glamour girl. Nothing wrong w/that that’s who she is at heart. Christine is not a glamour girl. In addition to having impeccable style Christine has swag. She’s minimalist not a glamour girl. I’m telling you the girl kicks ass w/her fashion which is why she was Kanye’s muse and the reason why Kim is trying to dress like her. Now whether it is Kanye doing it or Kim I dunno but you can definitely she that she’s trying to model her style after Christine.

You see how she toned down the makeup and took out the hair extensions. Now go google Christine or check out her blog on Australia Vogue. She barely ever wears makeup her hair is usually a little longer than shoulder length and she wears it very natural and free and then she dresses her ass off and the woman never carries a purse.

I’ve been a Christine stalker for the past few years. She is my fashion icon I just think that woman is bad. Basically cuz she does her and the woman a talent w/clothes. She knows what works. I’m excited to see where her career goes.

4. Heide says:

I meant “You can definitely See” not she. My bad sorry for the typos.

5. I googled Christine. She’s dope and Kim is def being modeled after her. Too bad the look doesn’t quite work on Kimmy. :(

6. s. says:

Christine Centenera is baddddd!!

7. Heide says:

Hey Mikele, I used to be an Oakland girl too. So funny. I’m orginally an Angelino but lived in the bay for about 11/12 years. My brother and sister still do but I moved back to LA years ago. Nice to meet an Oakland girl on FB.

8. Kay'Gee says:

Now i understand what kanye meant by kim getting “on the best dressed list”. But son, christina’s style ain’t working for kim’s body.

9. Jenna says:

Had to be nosy and curious too & googled Christine. I know I’ve seen her before on tumblr but never knew her name. I totally see the similarity but I agree with everyone comments, it looks more natural on Christine because its HER style. Whenever someone copies off of someone else style it never looks as good as the original. Stay in your lane Kim!

10. cecile says:

hmm..I see what look Kim was going for, but she doesn’t have the height or body type to properly execute Chritine’s look. Christine looks smokin by the way.

11. aries says:

Kim will never have the style that Christine has, they have 2 different body type, too, so Kim can’t dress like Christine. I am glad u pointed that out, I read an article about Christine a few years ago. even that blue jean shirt, blue skirt and white shoes from yesterday, is all Christine. Stop Kanye.

12. tt says:

Heide, you are so right. i googled her & looked at all the images as well as visit her blog & her fashion sense is crazy. i love the way she pairs high & low & her style just flows effortlessly. i see why kanye is trying to clone her look for kim, but it just doesn’t work in kim’s favor. christine centenera is bad.

13. Heide says:

I told ya she was bad. But really it’s because you can tell she does her you know. When you are being who you are that’s what works. And hey I understand that we grow and change and w/that we do switch up styles and things nothing wrong with that at all. But when you are trying to duplicate what someone else is or does it just never works. In my opinion which doesn’t matter a hoot, I think this is Kim’s problem right now. You know trying to do everything to please and appease the new boyfriend. We’ve all done it at one time or another. But you’ve got to be who you are and sometimes it takes time to figure that out. I’m hopeful that Kim will get it together. Do Kim and let the rest go.

14. K says:

I just googled her and if that aint who Kim bitin off of my name aint what it is. I agree Heidi this will not work on the Kardashian chick, I don’t care how much she try. And CC is a super bad biatch! Loves her style!

15. Parthenia says:

The hula hoop bag is outrageous but playful and fun. I don’t think you can be 5ft and still rock it with the same ease as Ingrid Agren though.

16. yusufswifee says:

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS!!! Now this ladies and gentlemen, is why I am on this blog all day, everyday. I did not know this and this bit of news has MADE my weekend. It is delightful and halarious and just wow! Kanye is a trip…WOW!!!

17. yusufswifee says:

googling this Christine chic now. I DIE!!!

18. Caribbelle says:

I’ve admired Christine Centenera’s style for years because she somehow makes it all work. The only woman I’ve seen rock sweatpants and heels and make it look cute. The thing is, her style also reflects her temperament: fly without fuss, edgy and forward yet approachable.

You can’t just super impose CC’s style on Kim K and expect it to work. I’m sure he gave her a general sense of how to mix and match to get the CC effect but it doesn’t translate well on Kim at all.

Simply put, the only person that can pull off Christine Centenera’s look is Christine Centenera. Kanye should have let well enough alone, instead of trying to mold his girlfriend’s style into someone else completely.
    Just my two cents…