October 4th, 2012
Celebrity Style, Hot or Hmm
Hot! or Hmm…: Keke Palmer’s New Red Hot Image

Keke Palmer has waved goodbye to her old image, abandoning her black hair color and signature demure pieces for blond locks and form fitting ensembles.

It seems the pretty young thing is embarking on a singing career, in addition to developing her acting talents. But to go the musical route, must all YBF chicks go for the blond, thigh (or navel) baring look?

Example of another celeb in a similar red hot look

While her new image is certainly saucy, I can’t help but miss that sweet girl we’ve grown to know and love.

Now

Before

Before

Before

What do you think?

*See Keke on 106 & Park here:

Posted In
60 comments

60 Responses to “Hot! or Hmm…: Keke Palmer’s New Red Hot Image”

1. mariesa says:

she looks better with black hair (sidenote: people still get their naval pierced?)

2. mary says:

she looks like typical hollywood T-RASH now. she used to look covered up and classy. now she looks ass-y

3. ANON says:

when i saw her perform on 106 n park i almost didnt recognize her. this shade of blonde is not flattering and makes her look older. a lil highlight would be better. but she’s such a positive teen im not gonna go on her hair.

4. Lolodoll11 says:

I wish she had gone just a little darker with the hair but I still like this new look! Our little Akeelah is all grown up. :(

5. EatStylePlay says:

We all evolve, I know at that age, I was much different from what I am now. She isn’t running around drunk, doing sex taps, leaking photos and what not so I think she’s fine, I think she is experienmenting which is her right.

6. Marsha D says:

Keke J Blige……no way….

7. Nikki says:

I’m not a fan of that blonde and I’m gonna need her to hit them knees one mo’ ‘gin

8. tiffers says:

She looks hideous with that blonde hair. She can still be sexy without all that extra she is doing…

9. Soul Touch says:

Don’t like the colour on her…very orange…and are those ashy knees?

10. zona says:

No man, she was prettier with the dark hair! boo Keke

11. BMW says:

Her hair color is not the best. Previous looks were classic but that’s not going to give her the press or the attention she would like moving into the music industry.

12. That’s what happens once you enter the music industry…

13. Siyam says:

She looks like Keri Hilson :/ I like her sexier look I just hope it’s more gradual like Rih’s. Her look is newer and fresher so I say experiment.

14. unpredictable la says:

I think she looks waaaay better with black hair! She thinks because she has her boobs out and belly button showing, dyes hair that she’s grown now? I guess in the industry you feel you have to do these things.

15. KJ says:

Isnt that a picture of Ciara?

Yea, I think the blonde hair makes her look like every other young Hollywood teen trying to get noticed…. I understand experimenting – I just hope she doesn’t land there. Love her though!

17. Kitty B. says:

That HAIR…Keke NOOOOO!

And that outfit…how dreadful -___-

18. Nicole says:

It’s just color:)

19. AD says:

She looks good either way. But the blond makes her look too much like Ciara. Then again, I get why she’d need to ‘sex up’ the image.

20. Kay says:

Why why why…. OAN peep the girls in the backgrounds they like girl Keke we basic girls and we look better than you. Please fire your hairstylist. Whats wrong with black hair….i think dark hair makes any women exotic. Keke it was the other way around it wasn’t your hair it was the way you dress.

21. Amanda says:

Personally I don’t like it. It seems like a drastic change. I would have preferred a progression into a new look. This all of a sudden is a fail.

22. reesh says:

Wow, I have always considered classy to be sexy. This look seems so forced. She should take notes from Taraji, Sanaa, Nia, Gabby and Kerri, you don’t have to be blond to be considered beautiful!!

23. Deb says:

FAIL
    sigh…smh

24. MoD.com says:

The first look is fine but the hair doesn’t suit her at all. Also, I’ve never been here nor there about her but hopefully she isn’t changing her image just to get on…so to speak. People can tell when you’re trying too hard.

xx

madeofdecorum.blogspot.com

25. TomTom says:

I can’t…..

26. Blessed&WellDressed says:

Whyyyyyy?? I’m so dissapointed in this sudden change. It’s BEYOND OBVIOUS she (or the marketing team) is trying so hard to do the ‘sexy chick’ image. I mean is this real life?
    The outfit isn’t fashionalble anyway, this industry is obviously corrupt.
    RIP to a respectable young lady.

27. I like her look in the red dress for Wendy’s show, but the 106 and park look is horrid. She isn’t just entering the music industry, she had an album years ago—maybe this time she’s sexing it up a bit to sell records. I’m more concerned that she may or may not be living with her 23 year old boyfriend and she’s 19!

28. lawyerlady says:

Yikes! I’m all for experimenting with fashion but this is a fail. She went from a darling to a disaster.

29. Brittany says:

Hate the hair! Don’t mind the sexier looks.

30. LoudPen says:

Yea Keke is failing for this hair look. Like everyone on her team needs to be fired. Every year a singer “goes blond” hoping to be the next Beyonce and as we have seen that has not happened. In essence, Keke needs to go back to black and keep it up with her classy image. Sex doesn’t always sell boo.

31. Jennifer says:

I am such a fan of young, demure Keke Palmer. Hopefully she continues to keep it classy in spite of the new look.

32. Sammie says:

I’m not a fan of the hair. It ages her and makes it seem as though she’s channeling Ciara.

33. Charlie says:

I love her. She’s growing up and I do not think the change of clothes is bad. BUTTTTT that hairrrrr omg it makes me want to throw up. It does not fit her at alllll! Where r her real friends and why did they let her do that?

34. Deb says:

She still looks cute. She’s young and she tried a fresh look. That’s cool

35. Elle says:

I’m a Ke Ke Palmer fan. I can handle the clothes but not the hair. Blonde is not complimentary on all women. High lights, maybe, but all the way? Not feeling it. I hope she gets something more complimentary soon.

36. ladyluo says:

I guess she is tired of the lack of buzz over her career. Although I like her, she just does not have the IT factor and blond hair can’t change that

37. Tamara says:

The hair color is wrong. The darker color complimented her. This doesn’t.

38. LaTasha says:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! I love the black hair much better. Not everyone can pull off blonde and she’s one of those people who cannot. She’s such a pretty girl. Just keep the hair black Keke.

39. Sandra says:

I am disappointed to see this new look on her. I wished that she had maintained the same image that we have grown to love about her.

The thing with Keke is that I am sure that she is getting pressure from music executives to look a certain way. She is not the first female singer that has been told that in order to make it that she has to show more skin and more boobs. The new color, I don’t like it on her. I just wished that her family don’t let her go too far down that road. The music industry is a beast and I guess that it takes someone comforatable in their own skin to say no, “this is who I am and I don’t want to change myself to please yall.” I wish her nothing but the best.

40. CA says:

The only thing she has done is sexify (if that’s a word) her image a lil bit. Please leave my future wife alone :) On a side note, the 106 and Park audience always look a mess :/ I mean if I’m goin to be on television, I’m going to at least try and look presentable…I guess not everyone shares that outlook…lml

41. CallMeCay says:

I definitely prefer her before looks but she’s young, growing up, trying things out and discovering herself. I just hope she stays on the right path, she’s got a whole lot going for herself!

42. cottoncande says:

I would have to agree that that color is not flattering for her skin tone. It looks dirty.

43. fash says:

people kept saying she was boring smh, i hope this is just a phase

44. andrea says:

dang those tennis shoes look big

45. asia says:

damn i want ciara’s legs!lolback to keke…yeah the hair color is too light 4 her complexion but i’m still a fan.i do see some aaliyah and ciara influences in the mix though.

46. binks says:

I prefer her darker hair no matter what style direction she goes the blond isn’t working for her, but she is young and she will change her style a 100 different times before she find her true style so I won’t take that as a strike against her. But I wish someone would have let her know that she doesn’t need to go Hollywood for a music career, I get wanting to shed the goody goody image she has been boxed into but you don’t have to go from 0 to 80 to do it.

47. charlyn says:

she looks like a prostitute with that hair color . fail . but i still love though just not the color

48. @paparazzi_promo says:

i actually like the blonde .:)