October 3rd, 2012
Celebrity Style, On the Scene
By Faith

Stars in entertainment, music, and fashion all showed up to pay homage to Quincy Jones at the 2012 Montblanc de la Culture Arts Patronage Award Ceremony thrown in his honor at the Chateau Marmont in LA. The looks ranged from red carpet-ready to quirky, so you can be the judge on who got it right for the night.

Let’s get into the ensembles shall we?

Cute couple Selita Ebanks and Terrence J were on hand in neutral shades. I am really feeling his contrast lapel jacket!

Rashida Jones supported her father and brought some color to the event in a bold print dress from Peter Pilotto’s Resort 2013 collection and a pair of pink studded Valentino pumps. I would have loved a top knot here or a sleek updo, but nevertheless, she looks great.

Neutrals with a pop of color was the look of the night for Jesse Williams who tried on a pair of purple wingtips for size. I like this! I usually have trouble getting past his face, but I tried hard here.

Kim Porter wore a $417 A.L.C. Tux Maxi Dress to the event. She’s beautiful, but the fit is off here. Too bad because it’s a great dress.

Victoria Rowell continued to defy aging (and the laws of fashion) in a getup that had far too many focal points. Sigh.

Morgan Freeman served in an all-black suit. Get on his level gentlemen!

To round out the night, Quincy Jones gave his grey suit some color with a striped scarf, like any cool musician would do.

What do you think? Anyone’s look caught your eye?

11 Responses to “On the Scene: The 2012 Montblanc de la Culture Arts Patronage Award Ceremony Honoring Quincy Jones”

1. Pari says:

lol! I usually have a hard time getting past Jesse’s face too.

2. Miss White says:

Victoria’s…and not in a good way. Good observation on Rashida’s top knot that never was…agreed

3. Heiress says:

GET THE LOOK! ——> SHOPHEIRESS.COM!

I’m diggin’ Terrence J & Selita’s looks – very sleek and nice for the event.

5. Deb says:

Ter & Sel so classy

6. AzizMom says:

Victoria…defying age? Not with that granny hat! Cute shoes – that’s all. Everybody else did a great job.

7. Terrance and Selita are still together, huh? I can’t with Victoria and that crooked leg pose.

8. Marsha D says:

Kim Porter and that everyday look- FAIL…Victoria and her Sunday go to meetin’ hat….Awful…Morgan Freeman….m m m shame on me for wanting to pounce on that old geezer…*swoon*

9. rachelyvonne says:

Jesse Williams is so hot!

10. DIVA says:

I want some of whatever Victoria Rowell was smoking…..she looks twisted & askew !

11. mia says:

I like Kim Porters look just not for the occasion. To me it says fly effortlessly.