October 2nd, 2012
Fashion, Fashion News, Rihanna
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

• Our dear friend Robyn Fenty will sing for her life December 4th as one of the featured performers at the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show. The “Diamonds” songstress announced the big news via her Facebook page. (Vogue UK)

Louis Vuitton is the most valuable fashion brand, according to a report ranking companies by their annual value. Vuitton came in 17th on the list, amassing $23.5 million in value every year. The next most valuable fashion brand is H&M, which earned the 23rd spot with $16.5 million, and Zara came in at #37 with 9.5 million. (Vogue UK)

• Those fashion writers not invited to view Hedi Slimane‘s debut for Saint Laurent (ahem) are in good company. It turns out New York Times fashion critic Cathy Horyn did not receive an invite to the show either. While Slimane declined to comment on the reason behind this snub, Horyn was more than willing to spill the tea in her recent review of the show: “I was not invited,” she wrote. “Despite positive reviews of his early YSL and Dior collections, as well as a profile, Mr. Slimane objected bitterly to a review I wrote in 2004 — not about him but Raf Simons. Essentially I wrote that without Mr. Simons’s template of slim tailoring and street casting, there would not have been a Hedi Slimane — just as there would never have been a Raf Simons without Helmut Lang. Fashion develops a bit like a genetic line. Anyway, Mr. Slimane insisted that he was the first to show the skinny suit. It was a silly debate. Who cares? As time went on, he also felt (as best as I can tell) that I gave preference to Mr. Simons in my coverage of the men’s shows. If I gave him attention, it was because his work and my reporting into the key early part of his career merited it. I haven’t spoken to Mr. Slimane in five years.”  The DRAMZ is real, folks! Being barred from Slimane’s highly anticipated debut didn’t stop Horyn from throwing her share of shade on the designer’s first offerings for Saint Laurent: “Considering that Mr. Slimane was an avatar of youthful style, I expected more from this debut. I had the impression from the clothes of someone disconnected from fashion of the past several years. If so, that might be an interesting perspective. But there wasn’t something new to learn here. Also, the self-important air of Saint Laurent’s media relations — the calls informing reporters that Mr. Slimane wouldn’t be taking questions backstage — is out of touch.” Ouch! (The Cut)

• I never throught I’d say this, but Basketball Wives LA star Malaysia Pargo is actually a genius. Let me explain. The reality star is expanding her Three Beats children’s jewelry brand, and will now produce baubles for grown folks. Amongst her new wares is a wedding ring that actually imprints the word “MARRIED” on the wearer’s finger, so when you take it off, everyone knows you’re taken. Gen.i.us. Ladies, would you consider rings like these? (Necole Bitchie)

• Expect to finally see the ads for the upcoming Maison Martin Margiela x H&M capsule collection this month. The campaign was shot by Sam Taylor Wood who said, “Working with such an anarchic house as Martin Margiela alongside a high-street brand was a challenge that creatively became a crazy, fun project.” She continued:  “I wanted to create an atmosphere that was both quiet and still. That each person was in their own emotional and physical thought space. A world away from the heady atmosphere of the usual urban noise.” (WWD)

~ Jihan

16 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Rihanna to Perform at Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show, Cathy Horyn Banned from Hedi Slimane’s Saint Laurent Show, and Malaysia Pargo is Selling (Awesome) Wedding Rings”

1. Alex says:

Oh the Fellas aren’t going to to like this ring idea Mrs. Pargo, you just messed up what’s left of the game for them lol…

2. mary says:

whats genius about having “married ” imprinted on your finger? thats just extra motivation for hoes.. #dontgetit

3. Tamara says:

Not really seeing the genius of the married imprint. He/she knows they’re married. Up to them not to cheat or encourage flirtation from opposite sex.

4. bebe says:

Cute idea for the ring, but broads are still going to be thirsty …

5. addikted2fashion says:

I’d wear a ring like that and I’d give one to my hubby. It would be more of a joke than something serious tho.

All kinds of shade being thrown in the fashion industry during these fashion weeks. The claws are seriously out & Im sippin my tea as I watch it all!

Yes to Rihanna at the VS Fashion Show! I watch that show every year and I am excited to see how she rocks the runway.

6. I love the married imprint! Sad part is now copy cats are going to have things like ‘love’, ‘hate, and ‘faith’ imprinted on their fingers.

7. The SPS says:

she’s not the first with those rings.

8. McKenzie says:

If an actual ring won’t stop thirsty broads, a temporary imprint surely won’t either. Womp. Go RiRi!

9. tasha says:

The shade in the fashion industry they have more drama then these shows.

Margo is smart. Its a cute idea and if you are full committed you would love the idea too.

10. LA says:

That imprint on the finger ring style is not new.

11. ebony says:

sam taylor wood is a woman. jihan, writes, “he continued,” and it should be she. love to give successful women credit where it is due……

12. Jihan says:

@ebony

fixed thanks

13. makeeasweet says:

there no such thing as home wreckers,the third person involved didnt kidnap your spouse.a imprint on a finger isnt going to do anything to stop someone from cheating.

14. KBS says:

@ makeeasweet….pretty much, you can tat “married” in all caps, neon glow in the dark, 3D letters. A cheater’s gon’ cheat.

LOL @ Rih ” singing for her life” …as if.

15. Jazzy says:

Of course the ring isn’t going to stop anyone from cheating ladies…It really is JUST a cute idea. Sheesh…

16. Alex says:

I think the ring idea is clever and adorable. My bf and I have been looking at rings recently, definitely going to email him this post and get his perspective.