October 2nd, 2012
Celebrity Style, Shopping, Trend, Winter Wardrobe
Fall 2012 Shopping: Oxblood

Oxblood red is the new hot hue for Fall 2012, as spied on the runways of Jason Wu, Rodarte, Peter Som, and more. The rich, burgundy color adds a dose of drama to any look, whether you sport it on your lips or hips.

The wine tinged shade appeared on leathery skirts and pants, fur trimmed toppers, lacy cocktails, and chic separates on the catwalk:

Acne Fall 2012

Diane Von Furstenberg Fall 2012

Jason Wu Fall 2012

Nanette Lepore Fall 2012

Peter Som Fall 2012

Tory Burch Fall 2012

Kenzo Fall 2012

J.Crew Fall 2012

Get the look at different price points below:

A few items on my lust list:

McQ Alexander McQueen Leather mini skirt, $925

Isabel Marant Lazio Wedge Boot, $1,155

Topshop Oxblood Wrap Front Calf Skirt, $76

What do you think? Will you be incorporating oxblood into your wardrobe?

17 Responses to “Fall 2012 Shopping: Oxblood”

1. reesha says:

Yes, I have already began to incorporate the color in my wardrobe, starting with a pair of patent leather pumps, and a pencil skirt. I like the color with navy blue, golden yellow and blush. And that couple on the last pic, looks great!!!

2. Sandra says:

I must say that a leather dress in that color would be nice.

This has actually been my favorite color to wear for a while… (was my prom dress color back in H.S.). Would definitely love a leather jacket in that color. Nice post, Claire!

4. Harlem Vanity says:

YES! Me and my bestie are obsessed with this color. I have a pair of patent oxford pumps this hue , a lipstick (MAC Rebel), and my new Rebecca Minkoff Mac purse. Great post ; )

5. Oxblood? Stop it, cranberry, maroon or burgundy. Us fashion people are so so dramatic. Right?

6. Taj says:

Reminds of the colors burgundy and wine.

7. The SPS says:

H&M has a lot of ‘oxblood’ this season…but who doesn’t? It’s fall…ppl wear darker color.

8. AmazinRee says:

Yes, I have a few items this color. LOL at thefashionistachic….exactly!

9. Enigma says:

Yes I will. As I’m wearing a blazer and booties in that color as I type and already have a few other pieces in my wardrobe including faux leather pants from H&M

10. Lolodoll11 says:

Lol at thefashionistachic! I agree. I have a cute vintage midi leather skirt in “burgundy” I found a few yrs ago. Can’t wait to pull that out the closet and wear with some chunky boots.

11. I plan on incorporating a pair of booties in “oxblood” into the wardrobe. I love everything on your lust list!

12. yusufswifee says:

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS!!!! The only thing I love better than a fab new trend is already having the items in the old closet…

Chanel Vamp lipstick – check
    patent leather/suede handbag – check
    suede ankle boots – check

Bought these items a while back in BURGUNDY….lmao

13. AH says:

Yep I wore a leather jacket in the color from H&M that was $50 thats not unlike the JCREW jacket shown, and wet n wild lipstick in 919B to match it and got a compliment on my lip color from a girl that asked if it was Mac, l refuse to spend a lot on trends!

14. Nikki says:

Sorry Ri ..you are def. not a trapstar. But the look is cute =)

15. Lola A. says:

Ummmm aint that burgundy?

16. hzvy says:

Its summer in Aussie but Yessir , I am rocking leggings and cropped peplum blazer in that colour,(oxblood, burgundy, wine, cranberry, mulberry, maroon), I don’t care if its not fall..”form over function”.