October 1st, 2012
Fashion, Fashion News
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

Happy Monday! I hope everyone enjoyed the weekend. I spent the first half at home redecorating, and the other half celebrating my cousin’s birthday! But now, it’s back to work.

Let’s get to the news!

• Nicki Minaj felt it was imperative to share the real hair that hides under all those questionable wigs. She took to her favorite social network, Twitter, to reveal her locks. A follow up tweet read, “No chemicals. No perm.” It’s looking long and luscious, Onika! Want to really shock the world? Wear this look to the next red carpet event you attend. (Twitter)

Alexander McQueen has seen considerable profits for the fiscal year ending in December 2011. To be more specific, profits were reported as £5.15 million (approximately $8.13 million), an increase from £3.86 million (approx $6.23 million) for the previous year. The fashion house attributes these gains to the now legendary dress worn by Kate Middleton on the day she married Prince William. (Telegraph)

The Fashion Fund documentary series will premiere its second season on Vogue.com tomorrow. The seven episode stint will reveal the process in naming the CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Award. You’ll have an opportunity to get to know the contestants, watch design challenges, and hear what the judges have to say. Where have I heard this before? At any rate, I’ll be watching, will you? (Vogue)

• In an interview with Billboard magazine, Christina Aguilera revealed past struggles with her record company to maintain a slim figure, and the current stance on her weight, “I told them during this Lotus recording, ‘You are working with a fat girl. Know it now and get over it.’ They need a reminder sometimes that I don’t belong to them. It’s my body.” So we’re still trying to dictate how a grown woman’s body should function? That’s still a thing? Oh. (Us Weekly)

• A big congrats to Anne Hathaway who married fiancé Adam Shulman in a custom-made Valentino gown! Why can’t we all be so lucky? (Grazia)

~Cliché

41 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Nicki Minaj Reveals Her Real Hair, Alexander McQueen Sees Considerable Profits, and The Fashion Fund Premieres Tomorrow”

1. for real tho says:

In order to make the world believe it wear it on the next red carpet.Honestly could be anyones head.No shade. If its her then cool but at this moment..I need more proof.

2. Tai says:

Ummm, not that I really care but how do we know that is Nikki? Lol. That could be anyone’s hair but I guess she wanted to “prove” that she isn’t bald under all the skittles wigs….

3. Gray says:

Its funny how Minaj talks about how she will “Slap nappy headed chicks with Perm” yet she has natural hair and covers it with wigs…

4. tt says:

why didn’t she show her face in the shot w/all that hair to really show it’s her? anyway, i understand why she wears all of those ugly ass wigs since it’s part of her costume & it protects her hair while in character. if you take care of your hair it will definitely grow. remember, she protects her hair w/wigs & not hair damaging weaves worn 24/7. if that’s really her in the pics, her hair looks healthy & luscious. maybe she should try rocking her real hair sometimes.

5. TheAntifash says:

That was for Onika btw.

I’m out.

6. yusufswifee says:

ha! so we are all on the same page. Imma cry fowl. There is no way your hair is that long and luxurious and you arent EVER caught rocking it in a topknot or something at the gas station.

I can not imagine….she should’ve showed her face or something.

all my girlfriends have hair down their backs so I am not doubting that we can grow long hair…I just cannt imagine never letting your real hair rest…

7. iQgraphics says:

who cares about her hair. I just want her to rap better. she got her job on the premise of being a rapper but now she’s doing something else… wtf

8. Lolodoll11 says:

It’s your hair but you choose not to show your face? Chile please…

9. Nicki if thats your real hair you better start wearing it and get rid of does ridiculous, terrible wigs.

10. Ay says:

I only see a pic that stops at the neck. I don’t see her hair at all o__O

11. Ay says:

Ok I take that back, I had to look at it differently, silly me.

12. Ugh! I’m done with Onika. She has pretty hair, if that’s actually her, and she should wear it. But I guess parading around like a clown is her thing now. Carry on.

13. goldenchick says:

Not as though I dont believe Nicki, but uhh why not show your face if your gonna post pics of your “real” hair…not as even though it’s even that important…we should all know by now that black afro textured hair can grow, but why not show your face in the pic? #IJS ??

14. can says:

She is so irrelevant to me. But yeah, why didn’t she show her face? What the heck is the mystery for? Stupid Hoe… Next.

15. My response to Onika’s photo has been said 10 times over, soooo….

16. lola says:

Nicki, find a corner at the back of the room and have ten rows of seats.

17. Courtney F says:

Nicki’s real hair is actually pretty long. In the Warning freestyle from back in the day: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MItv-PTKaE, that’s definitely her real hair. Although I don’t see why she 1) felt the need to prove she had hair and 2) show it it this way because who cares?

18. SLIMB says:

Shes smart protecting that beautiful hair under the wigs, shes always had beautiful hair so I believe her. I agree she should surprise the world and wear it out jusssst ONE time. that would be dope.

19. AzizMom says:

#confused.com | Get Your Life

20. binks says:

Nicki’s picture basically boils down to no face=suspect picture. Not saying she doesn’t have long natural hair but this was an odd picture and really doesn’t prove anything nor does it have too…shrugs, congrats to Anne, and Christina looks lovely on that cover.

21. Mimi says:

But how about those edges Nicki???

22. TT says:

@MiMi HILARIOUS!!!!

23. Nikki says:

I’m tired of black female celebrities posting their hair as it gets done, as if a black woman having hair is some sort of accomplishment or barrier broken. Who gives a damn? How about you do something meaningful that we can actually applaud you for? Bird azz Nicki Minaj

24. J_Cutie says:

@Mimi Agreed!

25. Annie says:

i think it’s her hair. her hair was long before she was famous, so why not after? i just don’t understand why people are so skeptical about a black girl having long hair. so what. we don’t see her w/ her at a gas station, but we also never see her w/o her wigs, and i’m guessing she doesn’t wear them to sleep. it’s not part of her personae, and it’s her prerogative to wear a wig if she so pleases.

26. addikted2fashion says:

@Annie calm down and read. we are not skeptical about a black girl having long hair. We are skeptical b/c we dont see her face in the shot.

Congrats to Anne! Would love a closer pic of her dress!

27. Goldie says:

Of course your hair will be super long and pretty if you never touch it. I wore wigs and weaves for two years due to medical issues that caused me to not e able to take care of my hair. My hair is natural and flat ironed it nw touches the middle of my back. Nothing amazing! or new! I’m more impressed if she rocked her own hair.

28. kya says:

I am dead @ that Prince “oh” gif! Lmao

29. Juice love says:

I wouldn’t care if she wore her hair out or put a weave or wig on it. I would just like her to be a better rapper and stop looking so ridiculous. I think she goes for lady gaga or lil Kim shock value but she just ends up looking like a clown with those ridiculous wigs and ensembles

30. tasha says:

Congrats to Anne and her new husband…

Shrugs for Nicki. Idk why “celebs” feel the need to show their real hair.

31. Hehe says:

Are we suppose to be impress that she has hair?

32. Smittie says:

hmmm Nicki…..I do believe it is her real hair BUT I think she’s really hiding those edges -_-

33. mikey kun says:

yay so happy for Anne she looks so happy in that rocking dress

34. Natalie says:

I need to see her whole head….why not take a full head shot if you’re trying to prove that is your real hair???

35. mamareese says:

Glad I’m not the only one who is like….that could be anyone’s head…..Sorry but it seems like she’s try to stunt like she had alot of hair. And if so….wear that instead of those horried wigs and lace fronts…. Um you bad so be you.

36. Indigo says:

I agree with you 100% Nikki… I only see black women doing this type of nonsense… It’s really sad.

37. SHAQ NICHOLE says:

Show some face Niki…

38. jboogie says:

Nicki is a trinidadian and that is the most culturally mixed caribbean island i have ever been too. African decent is not the majority. nearly every black person is mixed and to see what looks like a completely black woman with hair to her butt is totally normal. nothing to show off but most probably is her hair. no biggy.
    And I think that celebs post there real hair becuz of the ridicule they get for rocking wigs and weaves all the time, they are just trying to say “hey here is my real hair ok not everyone wears a wig to cover lack of hair”. and if you take care of it it can really grow.
    when we were little girls we just had no idea the power of the cornrow. the best thing ever for a black persons hair.
    bi weekly or even monthly treatments, cornrow, wig= black girl with long hair. if thats what you want.

39. Gray says:

^^^ Treatments + braids – wig, still = bgwlh

40. mrzolanski says:

:( Its her real hair if you watch her warning video she is rocking it :)