September 28th, 2012
Celebrity Style, Hot or Hmm, Rihanna
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

It seems like the Roc family has found a new favorite brand. Last night Rihanna was on hand to celebrate the grand opening of the 40/40 club at the newly opened Barclays Center and decided to rock a silk shirt and trousers from Acne’s Resort 2013 collection (yesterday we saw Jay-Z in a sweatshirt from the brand).

Her silk shirt features a tie-dye print.

And the trousers come complete with the very same print, seen here paired with a blazer.

Hmm…this look is playing on a pajama trend I don’t think I can get with. Though Rihanna can rock about anything and make it fly, I would have preferred this look with a different lip. Perhaps a deeper berry would’ve worked better.

What do you think?

~Cliché

25 Responses to “Hot! or Hmm… Rihanna’s Barclays Center 40/40 Club Opening Acne Resort 2013 Silk Shirt and Trousers”

1. krystel says:

Hmm she’s the only one that can pull this off that’s for sure!

Yep, looks like pajamas….I think it would’ve been better with the jacket and trousers, as the model showed. Either way, it’s definitely not her worst look. (still lovin’ the haircut)

3. Sandra says:

Not a fan of it but Riri can pull off almost anything. This girl is such a fashion inspiration to me.

4. ceci says:

Her bff Melissa caught my eye instead of this number

5. T1K says:

Are the sleeves purposely de- threading??

6. This makes her look kinda old : /

7. @Liyahbella says:

Rih Rih looks awsome as usual… :)

*meanwhile on the set* I know its hard cant out shine Rhianna…but her bestfriend/cousin looks a hot mess about 97.6% of the time. #Fact

8. tasha says:

I am not feeling this look at all. Looks like she rocking PJ’s w heels.

9. HarlemVanity says:

It’s very 90′s ish. I feel like it’s across between expensive silk pj’s and chic lesbian power woman of the late 80′s/ 90′s. No big deal Rihanna is usually always dressed to kill…

10. Hello says:

The sleeves are de-threading because it looks like she cut them to a shorter length but I don’t like this it looks like silk pajamas

11. Kay says:

I was there and saw her the outfit was NICE!!! Like she really stood out, then again she looked kinda albino since her makeup was sooo light.

12. Kimberly says:

I don’t like the pair together , it would’ve been nice with just the pants and a nice sexy cream colored top. The whole thing makes her look to boxy.

13. I love it! She look effortless. Though I think if she would have belted it, it would have taken the look to another level….but I would rock it!

14. Kitana says:

I never ever like anything she wears. I feel like people give her undue credit because she’s Rhianna, but this outfit I love!

15. Suri says:

I LOVE it. Rihanna is the only one who can pull it off. It’s different but not too contrived. Very effortless.

16. Starla says:

I like the outfit, but it seems something suited for the over 40yr old set. Nothing wrong with dressing modestly though, if that was her intention. A lil coverage always add a note of mystery.

17. Indigo says:

This looks like something my mother use to wear…

18. BC says:

Rihanna is giving us Blanche Devereaux realness!!

19. Truth Teller says:

-____- NUFF SAID

20. peachie says:

love it!

21. Alima says:

I love her make-up as usual, this outfit not so much. You either wear the top or bottom, you can’t do both, it looks like silk pajamas. The shirt worn with a nice pair of solid colored slacks or fitted pants, would have done it justice.

22. Shelly says:

Sigh….

Still love my Rih though.

23. J says:

Rih’s look works for her, agree that she should’ve worn a deeper lip. I agree with @Liyahbelle, yes you can’t outshine Rih but goodness Melissa, keep up. Your bff is Rihanna for crying out loud. That girl always looks a mess to me.