September 26th, 2012
Fashion, Fashion News, Rihanna
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

• Sarah Jessica Parker will be making a guest appearance on Fox’s Glee as an editor at Vogue. If you recall earlier reports, Anna Wintour herself handpicked SJP’s wardrobe for her stint on the hit show, which includes looks from Prabal GurungAltuzarraBelstaff, and Fendi. Not surprisingly, Vogue.com was also able to get an exclusive. Check it out! (Sigh, I still miss Carrie Bradshaw) (Vogue)

• Today marked the day model/designer/singer extraordinaire, Rihanna, unveiled the lead single to her upcoming 7th studio album (Yes, you read correctly, 7th). Named Diamonds, some of the lyrics on the track include “Find light in the beautiful sea, I choose to be happy, You and I, you and I, We’re like diamonds in the sky” Uplifting and feel good (but that single artwork though?). Listen here. What do you think of RiRi’s latest musical offering? (Rihanna7)

• Nicola Formichetti, head designer at Mugler, is set to unveil his first leather goods collection at Paris Fashion Week, with a bag confirmed to be molded in the shape of Lady Gaga’s…umm…bum. Would you rock a bag in the form of Gaga’s assets? (Grazia)

• If by any chance you were wondering, hats just don’t work on a certain mister Karl Lagerfeld. In an interview with M magazine, the designer remembers a tender moment when his mother looked over at him and said, “You shouldn’t wear hats. You look like an old dyke.” Charming, no? (The Cut)

~Cliché

11 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Sneak Peek at Sarah Jessica Parker on Glee , Rihanna’s New Single Diamonds , and Why Karl Lagerfeld Doesn’t Wear Hats”

1. Ohhh I so miss Carrie! Can we see more of SJP’s style as of late?

2. Miss Understood says:

Damn Rihanna and her catchy music!

3. No wonder Karl doesn’t have a filter, look how his mom spoke to him. Rihanna and that weed smoking–the art work is clever though, no?

4. tasha says:

Love me some SJP and really wish they bring back Sex In The City.

Woooow to Karl’s mom

5. soon2Bmrs says:

Yes Ri Ri!

6. Sandra says:

Uncle Karl never cease to surprise me. Every time he opens up his mouth, I cringe because I know it will be something crazy.

7. Kay'Gee says:

model/designer/singer extraordinaire = lol talk about overqualification ??!

8. Kahalia says:

That explains so much about Karl. Some people just never get over being abused (obviously verbally) as a child.

9. Chaboogie says:

Love RiRi!!

10. Bribri says:

I miss Carrie tooo, There hasn’t been another style icon on tv since….. Time to find some Sex and the City reruns.

11. Shelly says:

Not sure if I like the song just yet (I actually thought it was Willow Smith at first), but I love the single cover. It is SOOOO Rihanna, and still fits the song. They need to make that pic into a t-shirt, lol.