September 25th, 2012
Celebrity Style, Mail Bombs

Hey!
So I know Mail Bombs are usually on Friday, but I was so tied up with Milan Fashion Week last Friday that I couldn’t get to them! Still, wardrobe queries and celebrity style questions are a’ piling on up, so I decided to solve a few today, and the rest on Friday.
There are a few unsolved mysteries, so perhaps we can reveal those later on this week?
At any rate, let’s get started!
First up, Melinda says, “This beautiful blue dress Angela wore to NY Fashion Week is so gorgeous -I’d love to wear it as a look for less for my 25th bday in 2 weeks.”

“… Can you help me out?”
Ms. Simmons twirled at Fashion Week in a belted Donna Karan jacket and skirt, $450 Olcay Gulsen Extreme Platform Suede Pumps, and a Rachel Roy clutch. Get her actual pieces, plus options for less here:

Lashelle says, “Where can I get Rihanna’s sunglasses?”

Rihanna performed in one of her favorite pairs of sunglasses: her Henry Holland for Le Specs Muffic Top Shades.

Get them for $90 in clear/green or black at HouseofHolland.co.uk.

Next up, Nicole types, “I saw Mya and her stylist Scot Louie posting these shoes on Instagram and Twitter”

“Where can I find them and for how much?”

Stylist Scot Louie chimed in with the scoop, saying, “Those shoes were custom made in blue, however they are available at Luisaviaroma.com for $977.” Et bien voila.

Get the shoes in black here.
Erica writes, “Gabrielle Union..slayed in this dress…”

“I must know where she got it.”
According to several sources, Gabby slipped on a look by her favorite red carpet designer, Bill Blass. I wasn’t able to find her look on the runway or available for sale online, so looks like it’s a custom creation. Contact the fine people over at Bill Blass here for further informations.

Felicia says, “Hey so I love leopard. However, it’s kind of hard to pull leopard off while trying to not look cheap. I think these pants that Keisha Knight Pullam had on at the LudaWeekend celebrity basketball game.”

… Also can you recommend any reasonably priced ones. Thanks. I love the site as I check it daily. You are always right on top of the latest fashions.”
Yep! Get the look with any of these options:

In another ‘pant’ bomb, Dionne says, “Hi can you help me locate LaLa’s pants or some similar.”

Get her look with these options:

If you want it for less, check out your local Army/Navy store.

And in our last pant bomb, Cato types, “I saw that you reviewed her boots in the post on Sept 17,2012, however, where can I find her pants.jeggings or something like it.

Get a similar light wash, tight look with these:

I actually have to start preparing to go to my first show of Paris Fashion Week (whoop!), so will leave you with a few Unsolved Mysteries.
Bria writes, “Hi, do you know where this vest can be purchased?”

Katie says, “Do you know where this bathing suit or something very similar can be found?”

Lastly, Sadie screams, “HI – DO YOU THINK YOU CAN HELP ME FIND WHO THIS DRESS IS BY N WHERE I CAN BUY IT.”

Do you guys just want to walk around naked?
At any rate, help ‘em out if you must.
On tap for today is Anthony Vaccarello and Cédric Charlier. Follow me @TheFashionBomb or on Instagram @FashionBombDaily for the blow-by-blow.
Smootches!

24 Responses to “Mail Bombs: Angela Simmons’s NYFW Blue Donna Karan Look for Less, Mya’s Instragram Blue Gianmarco Lorenzi Open Toe Sculpted Heels, and Gabrielle Union’s Urbanworld Bill Blass Dress!”

1. not a blogger says:

That bathing suit is Victoria’s Secret Swim 2011 leopard print monokini

2. siti says:

why is it fashionable to dress like a street-walker?!? even if your body is banging, why do WE have to see it ALL, all at once?!?

I agree with you Claire – do ppl just wanna walk around naked? The mail bombs never cease to amaze me…

4. ugk says:

ugk …. some of these mailbomb fashion request … really make me wonder what type of rachet readers follow on here.

5. tasha says:

Angela looks great. Everyone’s clothing style differ but covering up is a great thing

6. GW says:

What amazes me is that several of the above Mail Bomb requests are neither unique nor hard to replicate. Blue, camouflage and leopard pants — come on folks, do your research. And as far as that swimsuit and Draya’s dress, ladies please seek worthy inspiration. How do I pray for the day when a reality star’s scantily clad “smartphone mirror photo shoot” ceases to move the fashion choices of the masses.

7. Dom says:

I actually don’t think Draya’s dress is that bad. It would be super cute if you have a less curvaceous frame, a contrasting tank underneath, and a pair of flat sandals.

8. Lioness says:

yes, bathing suit is Victoria’s Secret.

9. Christine says:

You guys truly said it all. Thank you! I thought I was the only one!

10. Truth Teller says:

SOME OF YA NEED JESUS MARY N EVERY ANGEL IN HEAVEN ARE YOU SERIOUSLY A LOT OF THESE REQUEST ARE RATCHETT AS FUCK! OR YOU MIGHT AS WELL GO BUT NAKED AND GET A SIMILAR LOOK

11. Truth Teller says:

AND SOME OF THE OTHER ONES ARE NOT TO HARD TO FIND LIKE THE LEOPARD PRINT PANTS THERE EVERY WHERE

12. McKenzie says:

I actually bought that swimsuit from VS but it fit weird so I returned it

13. Jaz says:

I dont even want to think about those Lorenzi heels- I would break my darn neck wearing a stiletto that high. I agree with Dom, Draya’s dress would be cute worn differently. I am digging Angela’s outfit . I love that she is a bit more covered up. However, not digging the shoes ( too clunky , should either be a complete wedge or a stiletto)

Clearly some of yall just want to walk around naked. SMH

14. noyb says:

Congratulations Claire- saw your picture on the Sartorialist blog- looking good and working hard. D&G, part 1.

15. queen bee says:

what is nicki minaj thinking wearing them big ugly light blue booties lord..!!!!

16. Chenoa says:

WOW!!! I’m going to just not even comment on some of these looks that are being requested antyway…. The only search worthy looks here were Angela’s and Gabby’s (maybe Mya’s shoes) but nooooo to the rest of those requests. UGH!!!

17. LawyerChic says:

Is anybody else tired of these sky-high platforms yet?? =/

18. Angela says:

Mya’s shoes are some SERIOUS

19. Angela says:

Mya’s shoes are some SERIOUS ankle-breakers!

20. KayBeauty says:

I want Mya and Angela’s shoes!

21. MiMi says:

mya’s shoes are crazy! In a good way omg

22. dyshaun says:

Well damn. I wouldnt ask FB for shit after that. LOL

23. Kay'Gee says:

who wants the last dress and the bikini ?? Nasty.