September 24th, 2012
Fashion News
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

Ungaro is making a comeback! The French label has teamed up with Italian manufacturer Aeffe on a licensing agreement in which they can produce clothes under then Ungaro name. The brand has also named Fausto Puglisi as their new creative director. (Fashionista)

Karlie Kloss says she almost missed out on her big modeling break because of her (previously) terrible runway walk: “I was cancelled for my first show in my first season because I walked like a duck with my feet turned out,” shes said. “I was devastated, of course.” Thank goodness she got it together! (Vogue UK)

Chanel Rising on Nowness.com.

• Well, here’s a treat for the kids: filmmaker couple Dusan Reljin and Hilde Pettersen Reljin film Chanel Iman pole dancing against a backdrop of flashing lights for Nowness.com. Check out “Chanel Rising.” (Fashionologie)

Proenza Schouler boys Jack McCollough and Lazaro Hernandez recount to W how they met: 14 years go in the lesbian room at a club, while Jack was puffing on a joint. Hear this and more great anecdotes from their early career in this video for W magazine. (The Cut)

IRIS APFEL PROMO from Laura Coxson on Vimeo.

• Did you forget how awesome Iris Apfel is? Let this five minute trailer for the upcoming documentary about her remind you. A release date for Iris Apfel: A Work in Progress has yet to be announced, but the producer tells Racked they are “hoping to finish” by next fall. (Racked)

~Jihan

8 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: The Return of Ungaro, Chanel Iman Pole Dances in ‘Chanel Rising,’ and A Peek at the Upcoming Iris Apfel Documentary”

1. tasha says:

Iris is freaking awesome and would love to see a documentary about her life. It would be on the level of Bill Cunningham’s

2. Leahjet says:

I love and adore Mrs. Apfel. So eclectic, beautiful and graceful.

3. Jocelyn says:

Love the site, u guys do great work! O/T but Claire, I saw a great photo of you on another fashion/photog site I frequent, The Sartorialist…..its great to see you doing it big!

4. TheAntifash says:

It’s hard to believe Karlie’s walk was a mess before because she is a beast on the runway! One of my favs as of late.

Chanel is all grown up I see… I like “Chanel Rising”. Saucy.

The best duos/companions always have a fun tale of how they met, Jack and Lazaro are no exception.

Iris is such an inspiration, and I secretly want her to be my third Me Ma lol. I can’t wait to see the full documentary.

5. SLIMB says:

Chanel looks sexyy. Whoever showed her how to swing around that pole need to show me too lol

6. Rio says:

Iris is a phenomenal woman.
    @Jocelyn That photo of Claire on Sartorialist’s blog is indeed great, http://www.thesartorialist.com/photos/at-dolce-gabbana-milan-p-1/#more-31420

7. Honey B says:

I love Karlie Kloss. She can do no wrong.

Chanel looks like a slut. I don’t like whatever it is “Nowness” was trying to do.

8. Nikki B. says:

GOODNESS MS.Chanel. I certainly hope the price was right for that show, but no shade she looked gorgeous & worked it!