September 21st, 2012
Fashion, Fashion News
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

• Last week, Roberto Cavalli took to his blog to complain about the slot the Camera Nazionale della Moda gave him to show his Spring 2013 collection on the Milan Fashion Week calendar. “As usual, the Camera Nazionale della Moda is washing its hands of the situation and it will not go against the wishes of Little King Armani, and therefore the problems are mine alone,” Cavalli griped. “What can I do? Do I stay the final day, running the risk that some foreign journalists will forgo my show, or should I overlap with smaller fry, smaller brands, acting as some of my colleagues do?” Well, Armani got word of his statements, and responded with a light lil’ read for Mr. Cavalli. Said Armani, “Cavalli should be quiet because the Little King could start to get angry.” The shade is real, kids. (Vogue UK)

• Here’s a first look at M.A.C Cosmetics‘s upcoming Marilyn Monroe collection. If you’re into it, get it online starting September 27th, or in stores October 4th. (MTV Style)

• The Cathy Horyn/ Oscar de la Renta/ Lady Gaga beef continues with a word from Horyn’s current boyfriend, Art Ortenberg. The Liz Claiborne widower wrote in to WWD: “True, Cathy Horyn is my girlfriend. Nevertheless, I feel it necessary to cudgel Gaga for her badly informed, dumbing-down opinion that an uninformed opinion is as valid as that of a seasoned critic — as though Gaga and Bridget Foley of WWD or David Denby of The New Yorker or Ben Brantley of The New York Times or Brooks Atkinson or Pauline Kael or any professional critic is just another opinion and that Gaga’s vacuous thoughts deserve the same status. Grow up, Gaga.” Hmm, it’s sweet that he’s standing up for his girl, but was this really necessary? What do you think? (WWD)

• Thank you, Grazia Daily, and Karl Lagerfeld for Choupette’s Diary. (Grazia)

Brows laid like Cleopatra

• So, apparently, brow transplants are a thing. Women (who happen to have extra cash lying around) are eschewing pencils and powders, to instead run to their plastic surgeons in pursuit of brows like Megan Fox and the Kardashian sisters. The procedure takes about three hours and can cost anywhere between $4,000 and $8,000. Not gonna lie, this sort of thing sounds super appealing to me. I always go to the threaders asking for Kim K brows, and they laugh at me because I don’t have nearly enough hair for that sort of thing. But what do you think? Would you pay $8,000 for a pair of killer brows? (NYP)

~Jihan

20 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Giorgio Armani Responds to Cavalli’s ‘Little King’ Tirade, Cathy Horyn’s Boyfriend Comes to Her Defense in de la Renta/ Gaga Beef, and Eyebrow Transplant Procedures Growing in Popularity”

1. Dom says:

I guess it would just depend on how long that sort of thing would last…

2. Kay says:

eyebrows can be drawn in. Go to Antanasia eyebrows in Sephora they will do a great job!!! ALSO THE BEST KEPT SECRET IS CASTOR OIL…IVE BEEN USING IT FOR YEAR AND MY EYEBROWS ARE THICK!!!

3. Bajan Candy says:

^^^ Right! “Cause there is nothing worse than sparse brows.

4. Deb says:

Yeah, I would…if I was going to be an eyebrow model…lol

5. Loni says:

Jihan get your life…Kardashian eyebrows…really?

6. Pari says:

I have really thin eyebrows so I can see why’d that be appealing, so I’ll definitely try the castor oil thing (thanks Kay!). But paying to get them altered? Ummm….. no.

7. Mmonroe says:

Would black Jamaican castor oil work?

8. You know what if I had the money and the procedure was a one time thing that last yes I would, until then I will try the castor oil. Thanks Kay!

9. Rebecca says:

The brow things sounds a little extreme… Fake eyelashes, nails, hair, breast, booty! Now we gotta add eyebrows to the list??? Smh at this superficial society we r in!

10. Margo352 says:

Yep Castor Oil is a lifes-saver. The lady who threads my brows put me up on it!

11. Siyam says:

Loving this fashionable beef within Italian design houses!

12. DannielleS says:

The Monroe collection looks boring, I think I will have to see it in person

13. DarkEmpress says:

An eyebrow transplant is outrageous! Having thick or thin brows goes in and out of style. Brook Shields had thick brows back in the day and they were fashionable for a minute left and now they are back in style. Before anyone goes and drastically alters their eyebrows, consider that the people who look best with thick brows are normally born with them. Your eye shape and bone structure, and forehead size all contribute to making thick brows look good. Shape your brows by getting them threaded and fill them in with a pencil or brow powder.

Do not idolize Kim Kardashian or anyone as your standard of beauty. Strive to look like the best version of yourself. Why would you want to be a mediocre version of someone else when everyone does not even find that person beautiful? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I for one do not see anything special about Kim and she is looking more and more cat like and unnatural as time passes but I fawn over Naomi Campbell. I am not going to try and become a Naomi knockoff, I appreciate her beauty but I appreciate mine even more.

14. Mmonroe says:

Can you use black Jamaican castor oil?

15. Jihan says:

Thanks @Kay for the castor oil suggestion!

*dumps entire face in vat of castor oil*

16. KayGee says:

Kim got her brow bush from her armanian roots. so if u want that to run in ur family, marry a middle eastern and you’re good 2 go. ;)

17. tasha says:

Confused by what the Lady Gaga beef is?

Armani vs Cavalli is hilarious….

Brow transplant no ma’am just rub some JBCO and keep doing that.

18. Dee says:

I will continue to use powder to fill in my eyebrows. I can make better use of 4 to 8000 dollars.

19. Deb says:

What’s the benefit of castor oil. Please explain :)

20. I’m interested in the brow tattooing Jessica Canseco was doing on Hollywood Exes! lol