September 20th, 2012
Celebrity Style, Shopping, Trend, Winter Wardrobe
Fall 2012 Shopping: 400+ Leather Must-Haves at Every Budget
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

Leather is having an undeniably huge moment right now. It’s so huge, it ran rampant on Spring/Summer 2013 runways (turns out Kimye was ahead of the leather in the summer curve). Since we’re currently heading into fall, and there’s no time more appropriate to be decked out in leather digs, we had to work up a shopping guide.

Check it out:
The Leather Dress:

This is perhaps my favorite must-have of the season. The leather dress manages to pull off the perfect blend of femininity with dashes of edge. You can be flirty and dangerous all at the same damn time. Pair it with a sickening pair of pumps, a bold lip, and you’re good!

The Leather Top:

If you’re not interested in wearing an all over leather look, opt for a top. Whether it be peplum, or a tank, you can pair it with blacks for a cool look, or go with pops of color to add intrigue.

Leather Pants/Leggings:

Ask anyone who has thrown on a pair of leather pants/leggings (in appropriate weather), and they can attest to its fly and addictive ease. The best part is that you can pair them with just about anything. Think blazers, sweaters, and jackets.

Leather Skirts:

Leather skirts are one of the easiest ways to update your wardrobe. While pencil skirts are always great, this season give flared and pleated options a try.

The Leather Jacket:

The classic. A leather jacket is pretty much a fall essential. You can keep the look clean in black, or get experimental with a bold, experimental hue. It can be worn to toughen up a dress, or to breathe new life into casual pieces.

What do you think? Will you be purchasing any leather this season?

~Cliché

21 Responses to “Fall 2012 Shopping: 400+ Leather Must-Haves at Every Budget”

1. KN says:

those pleated skirts are everything! Chic!

2. Loni says:

I have a peanutbutter leather dress with a skater style skirt omg it’s my favorite piece. I also have leather pants that are gorgeous and fit like a glove. A leather jacket with suede panels. I just need a stand alone skirt and Ashanti’s is gorgeous! Thanks FBD great post!

3. ohyeah says:

GREAT POST!

4. Nikki says:

Absolutely in love with this!

5. dyshaun says:

Kimye wasnt “ahead”. FB just be kinda behind..net a porter, matches, rachel zoe, and other of the moment fashion blogs have been talking about the leather run since last year.

The more risks Claire takes with her fashion the more the site seems to grow. :-)

Rocking post.

6. janani says:

@dyshaun.. agreed. this trend has been around for a few seasons. those marni for h&m blouses with the leather sleeves made it mainstream way back then.

7. Honey B says:

LOVE the leather trend. I really am feeling the leather peplum top.

8. TT says:

Love leather tops!

9. ty says:

I believe the line says “leather in the summer” to which I can agree. I’ll continue to wear it in the fall though.

10. Lola_89 says:

Awesome post Cliche! Very much needed!

11. Enigma says:

I’ve been obsessing over leather for a few years now and I need to add a pleated skirt, a peplum top and a dress at least to the wardrobe. Lots of options to choose from

12. MissFIT says:

I just made a leather peplum top this past weekend and I can’t wait to wear it!!!

13. Dee says:

Loving this post!

14. jasmine says:

I have a leather skirt and pants just need a top and *ahem* to MissFIT, how about u make me one next weekend? lol

15. AzizMom says:

I love this posts and the updated looks of leather. My Dad still got a leather suit from the 80s/Eddie Murphy Raw days. I had leather pants in jr. h.s. that were more loose-fitting and gathered at the ankle. Ha!

16. lolodoll11 says:

I agree with some of the others, Kimye definitely were not ahead of the curve on this. Loving this post and right on time as I’m trying to find a cute long sleeved leather dress and sheath like leather skirt. Wasn’t able to find either in the shopstyle insert above – all of the cute long sleeved dresses were too pricey…not trying to exceed $500 – $600, but will continue looking. Thanks for the additional inspiration though.

17. binks says:

Always been a fan of leather love the leather corset type dress

18. rachelyvonne says:

loving this trend!!!

19. ShaySole says:

Just purchased a feaux leather pleated skirt from H&M and to say I LOVE IT would be an understatement. And IDGAF if I live in south FL this skirt will be worn a few times during this fake ass FL “fall and winter” lolol.

Now I’m on the hunt for a dress similar to J. Lo’s with the same kind of H&M pricetag. Lol

20. Kishonda says: