September 19th, 2012
Celebrity Style, Hot or Hmm, Solange Knowles
By Faith

No one with real style believes in the “no white after Labor Day rule”, thus Solange Knowles opted for a cream look at President Barack Obama’s Fundraiser at 40/40 in NYC, co-hosted by her sister and brother-in-law. She chose a $1,435 Esteban Cortazar Cape Back Duchess Satin and Cady Jacket, which she layered over a collared dress. Solange finished her look with gold sandals, Carelle jewelry, and a Kayu handbag:

She gave her ensemble a pop of color with red lips. Pics of the night are few and far between!

She looks radiant here. I love that Solange always takes risks and never goes for unexpected looks.

What do you think? Hot! or Hmm…?

29 Responses to “Hot! or Hmm… Solange Knowles’s President Barack Obama Fundraiser Oversize Tuxedo Jacket, Collared Dress, and Gold Sandals”

1. addikted2fashion says:

I love this look. I love to see the contrast in her style (out the box, edgy) and Bey’s (more reserved, chic and safe).

2. So far she can do no wrong in my book.
    Side note: Do you guys think she had tp pay for a ticket?

3. Correction

Side note: Do you guys think she had to pay for a ticket?

4. DannielleS says:

I love her shoes

5. ladyluo says:

Usually she look good but not this time except for the shoes. Everything else is a fail

6. sherrie says:

her legs make this look work!

@ladyluo… funny how i think everything looks good EXCEPT the shoes lol

8. Tasha says:

Love the look. The shoes are not doing it for me.

9. Mely B says:

For a night out, yes; for a presidential fund raiser, NO. People clowned Mary J for what she wore during a performance @ the DNC but THIS get up is ok??

10. Grace says:

I agree w/Mely B. This look is inappropriate for the occasion.

11. Kisha says:

You guys took the word right out of my mouth — Inappropriate. Meanwhile Beyonce was the epitome of class and elegance.

12. Licorice says:

For an evening block party in a rich suburb, but not for a Presidential fundraiser.

13. style :! says:

She states her own fashion language and isn’t one to look like everyone just bec its defined to wear dresses for dinner. It Solange we are talking about , she goes against the general tide. All I can say is perfect!

14. Loves the bag and the shoes. Can’t get with the rest.

15. Erin says:

I’m gonna say no. That dress and jacket together makes her look super boxy.

16. fashionchick says:

Insaneeeeee Best I have seen her so far this is what you call Style! Unpredictable and unconventional swooning.

17. thatgirl says:

Though she looks great, this is NOT appropriate for a such an event. Sorry

18. Jennifer says:

Sorry, Solange. You don’t bare that much leg to honor the President.

19. It must be hard to be Beyonce’s sister.

20. Leah says:

I am so agreeing with MelyB. I totally cannoy believe she wore that. It’s sort of disrepectful…but then again maybe she went for this look because she wanted to be herself and not toss on a princess perfect face and dolly shoes. I don’t know but those sandals everything is just inappropriate. I just knew Solange would bring it in something fierce and chic

PTAAA~never mind

21. I love it! Its totally her! I personally don’t think I could wear something that short to an event w/the president, lol…. but its Solo and she can do what she wants! lol

Disgustingly Hot Hot Hot

23. Ronnie says:

star!

24. Angelese says:

First, the First Lady doesn’t have “the right to bare arms” and now Solange can’t give a little leg? Well, sheesh, I’m glad neither seem to care.

The President may be “The President”, a man of a prestigious title and great responsibility, but at the end of the day, he’s still just a man, and is as human as any other. I’m sure he’s seen his share of human knee and elbow and wasn’t the least bit phased. Lol. Solo looked nice. Her fro appears to be coming along nicely….

25. KBS says:

I like it. Its a smidge shorter than I’d wear to this event and I think a clutch would have worked better. And absolutely agree with the wearing white after labor day. I am a grown a$$ woman and will will wear whatever color whenever I want to wear it. Werk Solo!

26. Dee says:

Ummmmmmmm no…that bush messed her up! I don’t like that fit though anyway!

27. tt says:

solange looks great!

28. fashionista says:

WOW Solange looks drop dead gorgeous in this look. She totally gets my vote. Had to track down the designer she is wearing Esteban Cortazar now being sold on netaporter.com