September 18th, 2012
Celebrity Style, Shopping, Who Wore it Better
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

Azealia Banks has touched down in London to check out some fashion shows front row at Spring 2013 Fashion Week. She made a stop at J.W. Anderson’s show in the same $725 Alexander Wang Paprika Sleeveless Dress Evelyn Lozada wore to promote her book at Missouri’s Black Expo:

While Evelyn opted for simplicity in her signature Christian Louboutin Lady Daf Mary Jane Python Pumps, Azealia slightly obscured her dress, accessorizing with a purple fur stole and black knee-high leather boots.

The dress features a gathered twist waist, for a curve-hugging yet flattering silhouette.

Sometimes simplicity is key, and though it slightly pains me to say it, Evelyn takes this one! Such a show stopper doesn’t need much in terms of accessories. A fly pump will do.
What do you think?

*If you’re up for the splurge, you can get the dress at www.alexanderwang.com:

25 Responses to “Who Wore it Better? Azealia Banks vs. Evelyn Lozada in Alexander Wang’s Paprika Sleeveless Gathered Dress”

1. Jihan says:

*belch* Lozada’s documented ratchetness ruins anything chic. Plus AZ is rocking a fur stole. She takes it in my book.

2. DannielleS says:

Evelyn. Azaelia’s boots are not cute and neither is her fur

3. The boots and fur took away from the dress IMHO.

4. MoiLaBerri says:

Is this a legitimate question? lol Of course Evelyn look was the best hands down. Azaelia has too much going on.

5. Grieg says:

Evelyn is the winner here, i think Azaelia’s boots were a bad choice wearing with the dress, and i think the fur could be understandable because it seems to be cold out side but not a good color choice.

6. Bree says:

Evelyn!!

Forgive me… I can’t believe I’m saying this, but i like the weirdness of Azealia’s boots & fur stole. It was unexpected. Although Evelyn looks nice, her styling of the dress was predictable. Sorry, Eve. :o(

8. HarlemVanity says:

I think Ev, looks good but she always looks the same. Her style is so predictable, everything is sexy and tight. I’m over the sexy tight spandex Miami urban glam trend.
    I miss the sophistication and elegance in dressing feminine. To me most everyone looks like they are straight out of a Fanta soda commercial with the colorful tight jersey/ spandex material, over sized earring, “red bottoms”, and super long hair.

Anyway lol… I say that to say I actually like the twist that Azealia put on the dress. Although its not done correctly it still give a glimpse of retro glam.

9. lv says:

That dress is bomb…. im tired of loubs with EVERYTHING so imma say yung rupunxel even though those boots are ugly.

10. CHiCHiCakes says:

Evelyn. duh.

11. tasha says:

Evelyn looks GREAT

12. SLIMB says:

Evelyn. Azealia never dresses well to me….. at all.

13. aries says:

Evelyn look better in the dress.

14. Hehe says:

I’m going with Azealia just because she wore it a way that a little different. Ev wore it so typical and boring.

15. EatStylePlay says:

Personally i think Azealia made it fun, with the fur, i think changing the boots would have helped, but personally i like that she has dun, Eve is kinda like okay a dress, sky high shoes, and big earrings.

16. Big Styles says:

I love Azealia, I really do. Those boots are wrong for the dress and they call attention to her ashy kneecaps. Yes, you read that right and are welcome to check above: ASHY KNEECAPS! Hell. To….The.Naw.

17. DannielleS says:

@Big Styles….yes, her knees are ashy

18. Sandra says:

Lol ladies about the ashy knees. Yall2much 4 me. Got a good laugh though.

19. KayGee Rox says:

Azelia killed the beauty of the dress (as mum would say).

20. Ashleyis2pretty says:

EVELYN!!!

21. Giselle says:

I don’t mind A.B’s. All she’s missing is a good shea butter rub-down to the knees

22. Keisha says:

I actually like this look on A.B because it caught my attention in a good way. It may seem “weird” to some but it works for her and she looks interesting. Evelyn’s look is too simple and boring in my opinion, bleh!!

23. vanessa says:

The fur and the boots has got to go Evelyn totally wins this one by a landslide victory. Oh and it is alleged that the divorce from Chad was finalized today and it’s a Bittersweet feeling for us. We hate divorce but we know our friend could not stay with this man under those circumstances. It’s bad enough that you cheat on me with all these women all of which looks like creatures of the darkness but you have to hit me too now that’s a HELL TO THE NO!! (LAUGHS)

Oh Mr. Bartender, pour something for me maybe a Martini and turn on the music I want to hear ‘Bittersweet’ by Fantasia Barrino. Evelyn, it’s girl time and we are going to have lots of smile, laughs and jokes about this shit now that the hurting is over.

24. DOA says:

Evelyn wins Azealia Banks not so much the fur is too much the dress is cute and evelyn did well unlike azealia.

Ev wins this one, no doubt!