September 17th, 2012
Fashion, Fashion News
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

Happy Monday! I hope everyone enjoyed the weekend! Let’s get straight to the news.

• Grazia Daily caught up with Jourdan Dunn at London Fashion Week, and the model talks about appearing on MTV’s revived House Of Style. While revealing that Karlie Kloss is one of her best friends, she says, “She said she’s going to force me and drag me on! So I’ll be on there. I reckon her and Joan [Smalls] will make me do some crazy stuff! It’ll be fun.” Guys, I’m really excited! (Grazia)

• Hold on to your multi-hued wigs, Barbz! It’s official, Nicki Minaj WILL be a judge on American Idol, and this snap of her, Mariah Carey, Randy Jackson, Keith Urban, and Ryan Seacrest, gives you a taste of what’s to come. Soak it all in for a minute, folks… (Rolling Stone)

• Marc Jacobs has taken his book store chain, Bookmarc, to London. It’s said to be stocked with “London-specific offerings, as well as DVDs and technology accessories such as iPad covers.” Okay, Mr. Jacobs, do ya thing! (Vogue UK)

• An intimate memorial service will be held for legendary Vogue Italia fashion contributor, Anna Piaggi, on September 21st, at the Palazzo Reale in Milan. Expected speakers include her close friend Rosita Missoni, Manolo Blahnik, and Stephen Jones. (Vogue UK)

Valentino was tapped to create costumes for the New York City Ballet’s fall gala by director Peter Martins. The collection offers 16 pieces, mostly in black and white, with pops of red. “’I like the idea of something romantic, for girls who want to dance and flirt,’ Valentino says. ‘She is just beautiful, and I liked to see how happy she was wearing something so different.’” My thoughts. Take a peek at the garments here. (The Cut)

~Cliché

6 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Jourdan Dunn Talks Appearing on House of Style , Marc Jacobs Takes Bookmarc to London, and First Look at Nicki Minaj on American Idol Judging Panel”

1. TheAntifash says:

Please explain to me how someone with no talent can judge a talent competition smh…

I can’t even begin to take American Idol serious after this contrived mess.

3. Taneica says:

Nicki M is insanely talented! She just cheapened herself to be a pop star in my honest opinion. She sold us and herself short with this vapid,useless,empty tripe that she’s made the past year or so….

With the announcement of Nicki Minaj, American Idol lost it’s last little shred of credibility it was holding onto.

5. KayGee Rox says:

@Antifash… she can rap. and that’s a talent. can you do the runs she does? I don’t think so. it’s the pop star image that screws them up.

6. lv says:

I love marc jacobs… i wish he wasn’t gay.