September 17th, 2012
Celebrity Style, Nicki Minaj, Shopping
By Faith

Nicki Minaj is American Idol’s newest judge! At the photocall for the momentous announcement, the self-proclaimed Harajuku Barbie wore a white peplum blazer, printed crop top, high-waist denim leggings, and a pair of $242 UNIF Hellbound Platform Boots:

You know Nicki’s wigs are always laid like the finest drag queen! Let’s call this one “Skittles” because I can definitely taste the rainbow.

Her platform lace-up boots are crafted from turquoise leather and feature sky-high 6″ heels. With the popularity of Jeffrey Campbell’s Lita boots, I can definitely see these being a blogger favorite for Fall!

Nicki lives for color and this look is a classic example of that! It’s actually much more wearable than some of her other getups and could definitely be reworked for us everyday folk with a wide-leg silhouette on bottom and a point-toe heel.

At any rate, if you’re up for the splurge you can get Nicki’s boots at www.shopnastygal.com.

What do you think? Would you try them?

23 Responses to “Splurge: Nicki Minaj’s American Idol Judge Photocall UNIF Hellbound Platform Boots”

1. tt says:

she looks like trash & her lace fronts always look nasty. at least lady gaga classes it up at times, but nicki stays looking like a buffoon.

2. Out of all the talent in the r&b/hip-hop genre….this was the best AI could get…. Nicky sucks has no talent . She is a joke and poisoning the minds of young people .

3. Savage says:

Her teeth…hmmmm bad job. My only beef is that before AI would have legendary people who established so much in their careers, but Minaj has only been on the scene for several years. Its kind of insulting for her to be at the same table as Mariah.

4. Kay says:

i wonder how she look without make-up

5. Kai says:

the quality of American Idol just decreased immensely.

6. CA says:

I just feel like she doesn’t take anything seriously but yet people still keep showering her with money..SMDH

7. I will not the show for that simple reason! so disappionted

8. Correction: I will not watch the show for that simple reason!

9. EB says:

Over her,, next

10. Pari says:

About the outfit: I HATE those big a$$ clunky shoes, and I want them to stop.

About the show: This is the first time AI has really had anyone on the show who can sing – Mariah. Nicki is comparable in singing talent to J-Lo and Paula Abdul, so I don’t feel like they’re straying from what’s been done before when it comes to her. Nicki is a big name that has achieved much success in her short career. Isn’t that what people strive for when they’re starting a singing career?

11. They work for Nicki, but I’m not sure I’d be able to get around in these.

12. Bronze says:

I wish this opportunity could have been available to Lil Kim.

13. cecile says:

No.NO.NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

14. Dion says:

I cant hate anyone for their hustle. Nicki has been underground for so many years, and it takes passion and drive to finally make a name for yourself in this cut throat industry. With that said, I can understand why they brought her on. The young people LOVE her, and with her being on the panel, that might bring in the viewers. Not her biggest fan, AT ALL, but at the same time the kid knows how to make her money.

15. DannielleS says:

The shoes are terrible

16. DIVA says:

She looks a ROCKEM SOCKEM MESS !
    Are those store bought chompers ? they ALWAYS look like she puts them in a glass at the end of the night to soak… smh can we say SMOKIN !!!!! from The Mask starrign Jim Carrey ???
    @ Kai who said : the quality of American Idol just decreased immensely.
    Oh honey the quality decreased when JLo was on board, she can’t carry a tune in a bucket !

17. heyyall says:

I love it!

18. Happy Kisses! says:

She makes clowns look good. I really can;t see anything inspiring.

19. Lola A says:

Millions of american will be subjected to this bafoon weekly smh! I want be watching and thats to bad because I know Mariah will be funny!

20. KayGee Rox says:

Very nice outfit (minus the shoes). Stop hating ppl, it’s her brand!!

21. Hello says:

I love this!

22. jme says:

idk if she is a good fit for this show…..i feel like she’ll be a distraction with her ensembles and multiple persona(s)…..

23. mamareese says:

Ugh wow the hair and the ugly shoes…….She’s too pretty for this foolishness……