September 15th, 2012
Accessories, Celebrity Style, Hats, Solange Knowles
Wardrobe Query: Solange Knowles’s NYFW African Print Babatunde Hat

In an e-mail titled, “Need to Find Solange’s Hat,” Jena writes, “Checking out some pics of NYFW I stumbled across Solange in this awesome hat.”

“.. I normally don’t reach out to find what celebrities wear but I’ve been looking for a hat like this for a few months now and need that or something similar.”
Lucky you, the kind folks from label Babatunde got in touch not too long ago, saying, “Solange at nyfw wearing South African label. Plug worthy!” Though they didn’t provide a link to purchase, they did direct me to their tumblr here.
Thankfully reader Alima wrote in with their online store address, BabatundeStyles.com. A little clicking around and voila: all the printed hats your heart could desire:

The hats go for 200 rand, which is about $24. Not bad, and they just might deliver internationally. If anything, visit their website here, and contact them here in case you have any questions.
Thoughts on Solange’s headgear?

20120916-005502.jpg

20120916-011945.jpg
Thx Alima!

Posted In
20 comments

20 Responses to “Wardrobe Query: Solange Knowles’s NYFW African Print Babatunde Hat”

1. Jena says:

Thanks! Got my CC out now…

2. Dom Dom says:

Dope Hat. Doesn’t suit her at all though, sorry.

3. Reezy says:

Her face looks great though, no? Makes me want to try a red/orange lip

4. Ah, love these two! I was working this party last saturday and it killed me not to be able to take photos for my blog! The hat is dope, but I am in LOVE those pants –definitely the cutest piece from the event!

5. iHeartKeya says:

Cute hat, but Fab pants!

6. kahmee says:

details on the pants, please.

7. Alima P. says:

Thanks to the help of google, I found it….babatundestyles.com

8. They are looking gorgeous together. Thanks for this awesome post.

9. Grace says:

That hat is awkwardly perched on her head. It looks kinda silly.

10. Fe says:

Tha pants r da bizness!!!!

11. homey.lover.friend. says:

Jena looks great. I like Solo’s outfit too – especially those pants (details?!?). The hat has a fly print but doesn’t fit. With her ‘fro, she’d be better off wearing a turban or a head wrap. Still my girl…

12. Licorice says:

I don’t know what is going on with Solange lately, but her clothes have been a fashion fail for weeks (my humble opinion). The clothes do not go well together. Great pieces, but not for an attire.

13. Loves the hats, but they definitely don’t suit her. Maybe she needs to put in on all the way…

14. I agree this isnt her best outfit, but i’m really in love with those damn pants! lol, they’re Armani btw

15. Not her best outfit at all. Though I get the concept! Love that hat

blackandolives.blogspot.com

16. iLoveAnkara says:

This look has got us bloggers CRAZY! It really encapsulates Solange as a DJ and African inspired style icon…love Love LOVE!!

17. EatStylePlay says:

Noooooo the real question here is whats up with those pants!! Those are HOT!

18. love Solange but her outfits have been a miss these days.

19. Snapback says:

Nice Thanks for your sharing….

20. Monica says:

all i can say is awesome collection… all the accessories like hand bag, hats, sandals are unique in itself… all shows the current style statement one would opt for..