September 14th, 2012
Concert, Style Inspiration, What to Wear
Style Inspiration: What to Wear to a 2 Chainz Concert
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

Danielle writes, “I am going to a 2 Chainz concert at the House of Blues this upcoming month. I wanted to know what to wear,  was looking for maybe a cute fitted dress, or maybe a cute skirt since I am always wearing pants or shorts. Could you please fnd me a couple of outfits and you can include some pants just in a sexier way maybe. Thanks so much if you could help me out!!!”

Sure thing!

When I think of 2 Chainz, I think darker hues, specifically black, mixed in with splashes of gold. It led me to this first look.

This $64 River Island black baroque cardigan is right on trend for the season. I really wanted that piece to be the focus of the look, so I included a basic white t-shirt, and a pair of leather pants to keep things simple. What would a 2 Chainz concert be without some…well…chains? Try on this chunky necklace for size. As far as footwear goes, from my understanding the House of Blues has both standing room and balcony seats. If you’ll be seated, feel free to wear a comfortable pair of heels. If not, you might want to opt for flats.

You mentioned a fitted a dress?

Something along the lines of this Mary Katrantzou beaut might do you some justice. It’s dark, but its pattern boasts refreshing hints of color. Uplift the dress with a magenta clutch, and a bright mani. Accessorize with a pair of Long Metal Spike Earrings, or studs.

2 Chainz loves some Givenchy and Versace, so I decided to pay some homage in this final look.

I paired a black flared skirt, with a Givenchy White Poem Print Tank Top, and a cobalt blue blazer for a bit of pop. Although I included this Versace two-tone studded python shoulder bag, get a more reasonably priced alternative here. Finish the look with a pair of flats, and you’re set!

Hope this helped! Get your life!

P.S. What is it about 2 Chainz that makes the ladies swoon?

~Cliché

38 Responses to “Style Inspiration: What to Wear to a 2 Chainz Concert”

1. I like! I thought this was a Claire post, you better werk Cliche! Have a fab-fierce weekend FBD staff!

2. meekaG says:

I ask the same question about 2 Chainz

3. Cute outfits!…..those are too nice for a 2 Chainz concert lol. I can see that crowd getting rough

4. Love the first outfit for a 2 Chainz concert! Great job Cliche!

5. Bella Geez says:

What about this post that is NOTamazin’..?!!
    A tad pricey — but these pieces together are BOMB.COM!

U go cliche!

& to answer your question about 2chainz, well, I like him because he’s a hairweavekilla. Too much for FBD? lol
    Nah, I like him because he’s fun, himself and just downright handsome!
    Did i forget to mention, his vintage flyness!? I Dieeeeee…

6. J_Cutie says:

I was going to send the same email! Im going to the same concert in about two weeks.

7. Jihan says:

Goodness, am I a bum? I go to concerts in whatever’s clean. It seems somebody always spills beer on me (um… I spill on myself) at these shows. Should I be dressing up more?

8. I too, had to scroll up and check to see if these were Claire’s looks! Good job. I like!

9. Reta says:

Very nice outfits! Love each one.

10. MoD.com says:

Lol at Jihan. My first concert I wore heels. That was a force. Now I just dress for comfort depending on the venue (crowded standing only vs, site down, etc).

11. jess says:

Great picks, well styled!

12. Great looks! Definitely not into 2 Chainz as a sex symbol though…ugh.

13. yusufswifee says:

niiiiice. usually my friends get a box so I’ll dress up abit, but if not…comfort is key.

14. dyshaun says:

I saw 2chainz in concert and he was FLASHY. Great show too.

A scarf printed shirt (versace-esque is best) and a sequin skirt with understated footwear is an idea .

I like the 1st look, could see the 2nd but the 3rd, I dont think so. Looks like a school girl outfit.

15. Tamar says:

I love the first two looks! The third is beautiful but a lil too dainty for his music.

16. Dee says:

Loving the selections

17. Sherida Lias says:

This River Isand cardigan is starting to pop up everywhere(blogs) and I love it!! I need to snag mine before they sell out.

18. Eve says:

lol these outfits are actually very reflective of 2chainz personal style. he’d wear number 1 minus the boots.. and he’d wear number 2 and 3 if he were a girl. so when i go to an erykah badu concert, i should go for the boho look, and for nicki the colorful look, Nas the street-style look, etc etc? how about comfort and style, period?

19. Miss White says:

Nice! *Fab voice* 1 is my fave!

20. mamareese says:

Ummm did we forget something here? The outfits are too cute…but you better throw some wedge sneakers in there in case she has to run…..you what can go down when the hood come out ok…just saying.

21. imo says:

Wowww I was trying to figure out the same thang ..I’m going next month but none of these scream 2 CHAINZZZZZ to me…maybe the first one.. but anyway the River Island Cardi screams EVERYTHING!

22. I don’t know about 2 chainz concert but I love love love this outfit!

Blackandolives.blogspot.com

23. If I had to choose I would pick the first look, but you have to wear 2 chains to a 2 Chainz concert.

24. binks says:

Great picks, I would wear them not to a concert though but that’s just me.

25. KayGee says:

I’m going to a Nicki M. concert and knowing what to wear ain’t an issue. It’s Nicki! lol go coocoo

26. Coco says:

I’m sorry but this is NOT IT for a 2chainz concert

27. Tessa B says:

The first look is def the female version of 2 chainz swag…..lol. But I love the first two looks!! That dress is absolutely amazing. I love long sleeve fitted dresses with or without stockings! So happy fall is here…

28. Shelly says:

First, I would like to say that Cliche does an amazing job putting together outfits. It is truly a gift!

Now to the answer the question about 2 Chainz, it’s definitely is swag/confidence. He’s just so comfortable in his skin, and he’s not afraid to be different. And he almost has a nerdy vibe to him, lol (I attribute that to his dancing and his love of glasses). And if anyone has ever heard him in an interview, he is very well spoken. He’s laid back, but crazy/fun at the same time. And it doesn’t hurt that he’s super tall, has nice dreads, a nice smile, and a great sense of style.

29. Tiffany says:

Truueeee…..

30. endESQ says:

That baroque sweater is so fantastic.

31. Lynn says:

I love the outfits! I went to a 2 Chainz show last night and had so much fun! The first 2 looks are my favorite!

32. Kya says:

Love it! Always best to dress for the occasion!

33. fash says:

way too sophisticated for a 2chainz concert

34. Anayo says:

Yeah for a 2 chainz concert this is just all wrong lol…but great outfits nonetheless!

35. Hira says:

Is it just me or is the price range of these outfits completely unrealistic. Who can afford to spend 300+ on a McQueen ring for a concert let alone period….. Why not post things that are a bit recession friendly instead of these luxury items that anyone can put together on Polyvore. Just Saying.

36. LoudPen says:

I like these outfits. I’m not sure why anyone would attend a 2 Chainz concert however. But I guess you have to be stylish no matter what type of music you like!