September 14th, 2012
Celebrity Style, Kanye West, Kim Kardashian, Shopping
By Faith

KimYe are starting to remind me of a middle school couple because the pair have been snapped so many times getting fro-yo and ice cream! They were spotted in SoHo hitting up an ice cream truck for their latest sweet fix. Of course, they didn’t dress down and Kim opted for a $4,775 Balmain Blazer Dress with a pair of $865 Gianvito Rossi Ankle Wrap Pumps:

Her wool blend dress features blazer styling, long sleeves, gold tone logo embossed buttons, a shawl collar, and padded shoulders with epaulette detailing.

Her ankle wrap pumps feature contrast patent leather trim and 4″ heels.

Get Kim’s full look here.

Kanye wasn’t far behind in a denim jacket and red, black, and white colorblock leather pants. Is he wearing color? (faints)

You might recognize these pumps because Tyra Banks has worn them on a couple occasions.

I don’t think the cut of this dress is the most flattering on women with curves like Kim and I often have trouble wearing any trench-style frock because of my own curvy figure. With that being said, I do like the way Yeezy styled this look for her (because you know he did) and bravo to him wearing some color! I miss his red suit days and I’m hoping that he will turn over a new leaf.

What do you think?

38 Responses to “Get the Look: Kim Kardashian’s SoHo Balmain Black Blazer Dress and Gianvito Rossi Ankle Wrap Pumps”

1. lolodoll11 says:

These two are so nauseating. Don’t think I’ve ever seen two more publicity craved, attention seeking persons in my life. Not feeling the blazer dress on her. The fit is all wrong.

2. DannielleS says:

She does not look put together. She looks a little messy to me. Those shoes don’t look good on her or Tyra. They really accentuate that Tyra has scary chicken legs lol

3. Brandon says:

I am usually a big fan of Kanye’s fashion choices for himself, however those pants get a MIGHTY hmmmmmmmmmmmm!

4. TheAntifash says:

RUDE & WRONG.

I’m done.

5. Jason DiLaurentis'Sister says:

Faith, if the fit is wrong, the styling cannot be good. Sorry.
    You have to be a tall skinny woman to pull off this look. Fergie rocked the same dress yesterday and it was better http://www.justjared.com/photo-gallery/2720769/fergie-casemate-launch-event-01/
    This dress is still only suited for amazons.

Confused… Does she not have a mirror?

7. robyn says:

didn’t Rih have on this same blazer but it was printed (blues and yellows) when she was in London i think?

Anyways, didn’t like it then, don’t like it now.

8. Jihan says:

tickity tack on both parties.

9. bella says:

this doesn’t look good on her. kanye needs to stop.

10. I don’t understand! Leather in summer? We are in the end of times….. LOL!

11. Loni says:

They look awful.

12. I miss my pulled together Kimmy. I’m not a fan of ‘just rolled out of bed’ Kimmy. -_-

13. BC says:

Kanye dresses Kim like she’s 5’9 and she’s not! Nothing she wears is complimentary to a short curvy girl anymore…

14. aries says:

Kanye and gf both look awful.

15. I like the look on Kim, but the fit is off. Kanye needs to cut it out with those pants.

16. "You Left My Comments for Dead" says:

So I know a while back we voted on whether we wanted to keep featuring Kimmy Cakes, and then shortly after she started dating Ye. If this keeps up, idk how much more I can take. I may want to recant my vote. I just… I just cant. It’s just terrible…

17. soon2Bmrs says:

Be gone already geez.

18. Dria says:

I wish she would get those Kim K curls and extensions back in her head lord! The just rolled out of bed look is not it kimmy boo.

19. Natalie says:

I wish Kanyita would stop messing with Kim’s style. He’s clearly trying to ruin her by seducing her with the possibilities of marriage and children in exchange for free rein of her closet to dress her like a new money hood rat. She doesn’t have the body type to dress like a 5’9″ waif, nor does she have the personality to pull it off. He looks like he’s auditioning for Turbo in a “Breaking” remake and she looks like she’s wearing a trash bag with shoulder pads. Stop it.

20. Jennesia says:

He doesn’t style her, she uses his stylist….which isn’t saying much.

21. Mandy says:

wool blend? last night was like 75 degrees, *shudders*

22. Nadege says:

not a good fit at all.

23. Hateur says:

What size is that dress?

24. Lola A says:

No one wants to get this look I am getting to a point where I see who the creator of the post is and skip past it based off what they deem cute or post worthy.

25. tasha says:

Not her best look at all. Those thick strap ankle shoes are a miss completely.

26. KayGee says:

The purple shoes are stunning !!

27. jess says:

The dress does not nip in at the waist at all, making it look ill fitting and sloppy. It looks like she just threw on her boyfriends tuxedo blazer. Fault here lies with the designer.

28. Shana says:

I’m so tired of Kim, why can’t she just go away like Paris?!

29. krystel says:

Bring back the old Kim….this no color Kim is getting tired and quite boring!!!! #makeitstop

30. Gina W says:

Was this post intended to be filed under “Hot or Hmmm”, or in this case “Crash and Burn”? “Get the Look” seems to be a huge leap in imagination… huge.

31. Tisha says:

you are so right about the middle school couple, Im just waiting to log on here and see them with air brushed shirts his saying Kim and hers saying Kanye.

32. Chiga M says:

this shows how good he can be as a womenswear designer. he does not understand the balance of figure and silhouette, thinking only about the cloth itself.

33. sasha says:

Geeeesh why does she not see that her clothing game is starting to look….idk cheap? trashy? or at least not well put together. I mean….I don’t like the direction she’s been going in. I feel like this is mean, but I kinda don’t want to see what she’s wearing anymore (or at least if she’s taking fashion advice from Kanye)

34. Kishonda says:

She looks ridiculous, for real………………no for real.

35. NotHereForThat says:

Kanye is the WORST thing that has ever happened to Kim’s closet! The fits make her boring and since Kayne has never heard of a tailor she looks like a overstuffed video hoe sliding into shamble. Amber Rose much? Kim is noted for her fashion and wearing it right…either she drops Kayne as her “muse” or expect a drop in media attention.

36. Claire says:

@Robyn Rihanna’s ensemble had a similar silhouette, but was in fact by Stella McCartney:

37. Minnesota says:

Agree with NotHereForThat, Kim’s fashion game is horrible since Kanye has been “self-designated” as her stylist. She looks short and stumpy in that dress. Can’t stand them together! Ughhhh!

38. itsano says:

This blog is so annoying sometimes. Y’all say go away but u in here posting. WHY?