September 13th, 2012
Celebrity Style, Shopping, Solange Knowles

Traciah writes, ” I cannot tell if she is wearing a dress or two pieces, but if it is a dress can you please say where to get it.”

” I LOVE the look.”
We thought it was a dress for a sec as well, but after further research, found Solange was outfitted in a J.Crew All Over Sequined Houndstooth Skirt and dotted top to attend J.Crew’s Spring 2013 presentation:

Her pieces don’t seem to be available for purchase just yet, so getting the look will have to do.
Do so with these items:

What do you think of Solo’s fashion week ensemble?

Images: WireImage

51 Responses to “Get the Look: Solange Knowles’s NYFW Dotted Top, J.Crew All Over Sequin Houndstooth Skirt, Dolce & Gabbana Bag, and Leopard Pumps”

1. *kanye shrug* says:

I am not really feeling that AT ALL. It does nothing for her body/shape. And I think her hair made the entire look even less pulled together. I get the concept, but I have seen it executed much better (even on her).

2. SHOEFETISH says:

Love Solo, I don’t understand this look, seems a bit Schizophrenic..

3. T1K says:

What happened to the hair Solange?

4. nono says:

Hot ass mess.

I really wish people would cut the crap. Why would anyone request information on this look? I mean honestly I actually like Solange’s style but this here is a NO.

6. I usually rock with her but she looks a hot mess. Maybe I’m not fashionable or something but eh.

7. Dion says:

I love Solo with all of my heart, and God knows I’m not a fashionista (yet lol) but this…this….uhhh I dont get it

8. mamareese says:

Not feeling the look or hair….it needs some styling and if she’d drop the shoes. Solo is normally so chic…what up?

9. Lioness says:

Hot ass mess. And that hair??? Nah

10. myra says:

huge solange fan but she is way to busy i how she is trying to balance the shoes with the top but the skirt and the bag are a huge nooo! and hair is tragic and im natural as well but that blow out was not working with this style of dress at all.

11. FashionOne says:

This entire look…is a no go!

12. DarkEmpress says:

I love this look. It is all over the place and perfect at the same time. I dont like the hair. I have natural hair and if I flat iron it, it certainly does not look like that.

13. Elle C says:

Nope! I love her but No!

14. dyshaun says:

Its just a blowout..and is this the first time yall have ever seen Solange?

Who left the gates open? *eye roll*

15. MoD.com says:

This might be the first time ever in life (or the last year) that I’m not feeling one of her outfits. *sigh* it couldn’t last forever could it.

Eh…

17. Natasha says:

It’s a blow out hairstyle and it’s fine. The outfit on the other hand? Well, we’re all allowed an off day.

18. Kai says:

I’m diggin the hair personally. Wish I had the confidence to walk out the house like that but instead I worry about what people will think. : /

19. Kay says:

now we know damn well thats how our hair look like if its nor relaxed….stop hating. it would of been nice if she put it in a bun.. However most of us with course hair would not rock our hair like this

20. Likkle Miss says:

Not my favorite look of hers, especially not with that hair, but homegirl’s pants in the pic? YES!

21. Savage says:

@dyshaun, YES! Like come on, usually she looks messy.

22. KayGee Rox says:

Lmao grandma combination

23. Aida says:

usually love solange but thissss right here NOOOOO

24. Angelese says:

Wear one outfit you don’t like and it’s “the end”? LOL.

It’s never that serious. This girl is human….and everything isn’t for everybody. I was on another fashion blog and some “others” are actually loving this look.

Cant say I’m feeling it myself but Solange is known to rock what the heck she wants without a care and considering the fact that she’s made it clear that she loves wearing (and has worn) “prints on prints on prints” before, THIS look shouldn’t be all that surprising to anyone.

Also, as others have said in regards to the “what happened to the hair” type comments, she’s just sporting her natural hair blown out. Again, she’s worn it like this a few times. So, hate it or love it, this certainly isn’t some shockingly different or new, never before seen Solange pictured here. *shrug*

25. I actually like her hair. I actually just do not like the shoes…I actually wish they were brighter or a different print lol. The leopard print actually goes to the background.

26. TheAntifash says:

The hairstyle does nothing for her face, I do not like it and it has nada to do with her being natural. I’ve been natural for almost 7 years (with little to NO manipulation to my hair), and I get so tired of people tip toeing around ugly hairstyles because these new natural naizi’s are so easily offended- Stop that.

27. Saymama says:

LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

28. Maybe if her hair were combed this look would come together, but I can’t. No.

29. homey.lover.friend. says:

Lol @ The Antifash.

Yeah, the hair doesn’t work- it doesn’t have the awesome volume of a blown out ‘fro or the sleekness of flat ironed hair. She missed the mark somewhere- whatever that mark was.

Also, the clashing prints fall short because she is missing that one element needed to tie it all together. She is usually boss at making two unlikely items work perfectly. Not so much here.

Oh well, can’t win them all. Still love her.

30. tt says:

chile please to this whole monstrosity. from the hair to the dress to the shoes that are all fighting for attention.
    solange, bay bay, don’t wear your hair like that ever again!

31. Andrea says:

Meh and the hair is horrible. She looks weird. Maybe if she were smaller it would work..idk. All that print and then the hair is too much.

32. Solange has great energy and soul. I love the print on print and bold bag! Though I wish she’d rock her natural curls! I hate blow outs! Go girl!

blackandolives.blogspot.com

She has officially fallen off with this one not hitting the mark. She needs to hire a stylist quickly nothing in this look works

34. Grace says:

Solange never styles her natural hair properly. When she’s wearing a fro, I always want to give her a moisturizing treatment and a braid-out/two-strand twist. Her blowout is just plain awful and this outfit is a mixing-prints-FAIL.

35. Brie says:

When did leaving the hair salon after being blow-dryed become a hair style? @Grace i agree I commented on other pics that I hate Solanges hair and Bombshells told me I’m looking to hard…Finally you guys see.

36. Jason DiLaurentis'Sister says:

MIss “Blessed by nepotism”looks a hot mess.
    And I love Jenna Lyons, she looks a lot better in person though.

37. Siyam says:

love the hair.. I’ve worn mine that way a few times and it was just fine. I’m a little on the fence with the prints but I think it works.

38. Melissa says:

sigh.

39. karma says:

Tragic. She should have borrowed her Bey’s bootie pad.

40. Fe says:

This is soooo ugly Solange. Your too young to look like this.

41. Kitana says:

I loooooooooooooooooooove this look!

42. KBS says:

I’m digging everything individually and I absolutely love J Crew and Jenna Lyons. She’s a great stylist. I”m going to have to grab on of the printed pants they have this fall.

43. meowmeow says:

loooove the shirt, hate the skirt. and im not quite sure how the person inquiring about the look couldn’t tell these were two separate pieces. all in all i give this look a bleckgh!

44. Kishonda says:

No ma’am. That hair looks awful.

45. Ni says:

It seems the only reason she wore these items together were because she was going to a J.Crew show & they were new, simpily. The hair could have been styled to frame her face alittle more, the prints could have atleast been in the same color family, & lastly, were those leoperd print shoes an after-thought? I’m Not hatin’ IJS tho.

46. Lorretta says:

Wow, can’t believe Sol’s hair has grown that long so quickly. I know people think she’s mad weird but I love her style!

47. wyo says:

Her outfit looks great. I usually like a blow-out, but I think her hair is at that “in-between” length where it just doesn’t work. It looks unfinished.

48. s says:

I don’t have a problem with the hair or the fit of the clothes on her. It’s a classic A-line look. However, there are way too many patterns mixed together on this one. Your eyes don’t know what element to actually focus on. Where fashion stands now, people are trying way too hard not to be “matchy-matchy” and end up going overboard. I think there is nothing wrong with elements of an outfit being matched together, at least sometimes. IMO, a little cohesiveness goes a long way. This outfit is too dis-jointed, it doesn’t “flow” together well. Otherwise, love Solange. I think she has really come into her own.

49. datgirl says:

i’m not a fan, this is a cheap excuse for fashion