September 7th, 2012
Fashion, Fashion News
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

20120907-113601.jpg

House of Deréon is experiencing some major changes. After lackluster sales, the brand helmed by Mama Tina has revealed plans to bring their wares back to the United States. When House of Deréon launched in 2004, it was available in the US at Bloomingdale’s and Macy’s, but soon moved on to only be sold in Europe. What do you think of the brand’s impending stateside return? (Vogue UK)

• London has been named the most stylish city, thanks to the 2012 Olympics and the world’s obsession with Duchess Kate Middleton. (Vogue UK)

Get More:
MTV Shows

• MTV has tapped Karlie Kloss and Joan Smalls as the new hosts of House of Style! The adorable duo excitedly announced their new gig at last night’s VMA’s. I, for one, cannot wait! (MTV Style)

Prabal Gurung will debut his shoe collaboration with Cesare Casadei at his Spring 2013 show tomorrow. (WWD)

• You look a little dirty, why not have Anna Dello Russo give you a Fashion Shower? The Vogue Japan editrix and street style darling shot this “Fashion Shower” music video to promote her upcoming accessories collaboration with H&M. (H&M YouTube)

Rebecca Minkoff Fall 2012

• It’s day two of New York Fashion Week! Here’s what’s on the schedule for today: 8:30-10:30 AM, Fashion Law Institute. 9AM, Czar by Cesar Galindo, 10:00AM, Project Runway, 10:30-11:30AM Concept Korea, 12:00PM Noon by Noor. 2:00-3:30 W118 by Walter Baker. 3:00PM, Rebecca Minkoff. 3:30-5:00PM. Pamella Roland. 5:30PM, Tommy Hilfiger. 6:00PM, Nicole Miller. 7-8:00PM, Todd Snyder. 7:00PM, Charlotte Ronson. 7:00PM ELLE Fashion Next. 8:00PM, Academy of Art University. 9:00PM Parkchoonmoo. (MBFW)

~Jihan

20 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: House of Deréon is Coming Back to the USA, Joan Smalls and Karlie Kloss to Host MTV’s House of Style, and Anna Dello Russo and H&M Give Us A Fashion Shower”

1. KBS says:

I didnt realize Dereon left, which should explain how i feel about its return.

I’m feeling those Prabal kicks too.

2. Indigo says:

Coming back just in time for Halloween.

3. Yay! You’re going by the Fashion Law Institute!

House of Dereon needs to be re-branded and the first step is the name,

4. Bajan Candy says:

Yeah, I also thought HOD was defunct. Unless they get a complete overhall-creative team, name, logo, price point—it won’t even matter. *raises hand and votes of Soloange to be Creative Director*
    So excited about MTV House of Style!

5. I am toooooo excited for the Anna Dello Russo accessories collection for H&M!

6. lolodoll11 says:

I’ll pass on the Dereon. Definitely not my cup of tea in terms of fashion. KBS, I’m with you. Hadn’t realized it left as well. Says a lot :-) I disagree on the London piece. I don’t think Kate’s style is anything special. Nothing above and beyond what I see daily while out and about and in the workplace. Having spent a lot of time in London, don’t agree with this assessment.

HOD has always been a thumbs down.

8. EatStylePlay says:

HOD, needs to come up with some original stuff, or at least follow some of the trends or start some. I never could get into it. Her newest ad’s look nice, but I didn’t realize they left the US. Hopefully they take it a little more seriously.

9. I didn’t know it left…I like the new ads though. I wish her much success

10. BougieHippie says:

Dont nobody care about HOD it’s tacky, lackluster and very homemade. Meanwhile I’m ready for these H&M accessories dont care for Anne but she does have an eye for flare.

11. Marsha D says:

Jihan….girl you know we luhhhh you….but don’t be asking’ folks how they feel about Dereon…I almost threw food at my computer! Lol! But seriously….they just need to stop, maybe HOD can show at Fashion Week Antartica….I’m done….

12. Jason DiLaurentis'Sister says:

Joan Smalls and Beyonce really look alike. It’s obvious here.

13. addikted2fashion says:

Can yall actually look at the clothes on the HOUSE OF DEREON site and not at the Dereon from Citi Trends and hip hop shops before expressing your opinion? There is a big difference. Just saying.

14. Fashion is always uncomfortable– if you’re comfortable, you don’t get the look.

15. janani says:

oh yay! another clothing line made in China is coming back to the US! Seriously, that line is terrible.

16. Jordan says:

I LOVE Beyonce, but no sweetie. When the line first came out, I thought it was going to be trendy (H&M-esque), but it really just Citi Trends fashion. Kinda disappointing because the Knowles have a stylish family

17. Mo_Sheri10 says:

Wow, I didn’t realize House of Dereon left. I wouldn’t matter to me if it came back. I would never purchase anything from Beyonce’s clothing line.

18. I love the Anna Dello Russo & H&M video!!!! I am super excited to see the collection

19. Nessa B says:

That “Fashion Shower” video looks like something that i would see on saturday night live lol

20. I see yall dont read anybody elses comments. HOD is NOT the SAME anymore. Its Very trendy its fantastic.