September 7th, 2012
Celebrity Style, Hot or Hmm, Jennifer Hudson
By Faith

Jennifer Hudson lent her judging talents to the Project Runway Spring 2013 Fashion Show. An unusual choice in my opinion, but nevertheless, she made a bold statement in an emerald crepe blazer and jumpsuit from Michael Kors’s Resort 2013 collection and $945 Charlotte Olympia Dolly Leather Platform Pumps:

She finished her look with a side-swept braid, gold accessories, and a coral lip. Yes Jen! Hair and makeup are on point.

Her shoes are one of fashion’s most coveted and most popular styles, reworked in leather.

The look wasn’t shown on the runway, but it might be available in the coming months when the collection is up for grabs.

A little more tailoring and a strappy gold sandal would have made this look perfect, but I like this a lot. Good job Jen!

What do you think? Hot! or Hmm…?

22 Responses to “Hot! or Hmm… Jennifer Hudson’s Project Runway Spring 2013 Fashion Show Michael Kors Resort 2013 Emerald Pebble Crepe Blazer and Jumpsuit and Charlotte Olympia Dolly Leather Platform Pumps”

1. endESQ says:

This is the best I’ve ever seen her look. I’m going to ignore the garish lipstick.

2. soon2Bmrs says:

Jen looks nice here…better than usual. That lipstick is a no go!

3. Danielle says:

Ooooh the shade! Teheehee

Odd, but I actually like that lip color. Something about it goes with her skin tone. However, I can’t get down with Charlotte’s shoes. The wierd placement of the platform throws it off everytime. =/

4. Pari says:

From a distance the lipstick looks okay, but close up it is awful

5. DIVA says:

FABULOUS !!!! That color pops on her lips and that shade of green is sublime !

6. addikted2fashion says:

Im sorry but Jennifer Hudson should never be able to judge fashion. Its not one of her strong qualities.
    And that lipstick… *scrunches up face*

7. Mo_Sheri10 says:

Jen looks cute in the outfit. I think the shoes go great with the outfit. The lip color makes her skin look dry.

8. Love the color, but the fit of her jumpsuit is horrible.

9. Erika says:

I like the outfit and the makeup including the lipstick. She looks cute. Her head, on the other hand, is starting to look rather bulbous.

10. krystel says:

Love it

11. Vizionheiry says:

No to the coral lip. Yes to more tailoring.

I agree with addikted why is she judging fashion lol?

13. Love this suit and color! And her hair actually looks decent for once! I love the big braid look. :)

14. mamareese says:

She needs to stick with whomever did this line to fix her current clothing line. Oh and they could’ve tied the lip color in with some coral shoes and belt. But she looks awesome.

15. Savage says:

U know what…..*sips tea She just doesn’t look good in clothes. There I said it. Not since the weight loss. Look not everyone needs to be a size 2. Some women just look better with weight on them. She is one of them.

16. She looks amazing and I love the shoes!!

17. iHeartKeya says:

She looks really good here. Go J-Hud! :)

18. Lynne' says:

Jennifer Hudson can sing and that’s it! She can’t dress, never could…because I watched her on American Idol. And for sure…why is she gonna judge Project Runway? Just because she is friends with Michael Kors and wears his clothes??

19. Kishonda says:

Beautiful!

20. Bre Bre says:

I agree with Savage… I like her thicker because everybody is not meant to be tiny. And she still stands and has posture like a big girl, that pose is just disappointing. She does look good in the outfit tho. And I am glad that the weight loss has opened doors for her! I want her to be a size ten tho. Because 4/6 isn’t working on her. She got more head then she got body…

21. oldhousecoat says:

Contrary to what seems to be popular belief this outfit is so very far from flattering. The shoes are bad, the colour is wrong for her and the lipstick speaks for itself – and has nothing nice to say. Love JHud though! It’s Michael that has me surprised.

22. nicki says:

She looks absolutely fantastic! That outfit proves that she has great fashion sense and will be the perfect judge for season finale of Project Runway. Now I’m more excited than ever to watch the final episode! I wonder when it is airing; does anyone know? I’m going to be going out of the country starting in October for a business trip with Dish, so hopefully I’m back in time to see J.Hud premiere her gorgeous look. I’ll just set my DVR to record the series just in case I’m not home in time. Lucky for me, my Hopper DVR has more than enough memory space to handle these hefty recordings. I would hate to miss this episode. I love J.Hud!