September 6th, 2012
Celebrity Style, Week in Chic
By Faith

Happy Thursday everyone!

Fashion Week and FNO are here, so I am definitely excited for the month to come!

This was a great week for fashion with some unexpected faces making appearances. It seems that the ladies are bringing their A-game for the parties and fashion shows to come, so I must thank the sartorial powers that be!

Check out some of this week’s hottest looks:

Joan Smalls served at the 9th Annual Style Awards in NYC in a head-to-toe Givenchy Fall 2012 look, including those drool-worthy $2,001 Givenchy Knee High Leather Spat Boots. This is how it’s done ladies!

Queen Mother Iman was also at the event in purple because she is indeed fashion royalty. She defied aging in a $550 Rachel Zoe Eggplant Velvet Hutton Blazer and $365 Rachel Zoe Eggplant Velvet Flared Hutton Tuxedo Pants.

Have you received your sustenance yet? Well Rachel Roy surely breathed elegance and refinement into the Style Awards in a Carolina Herrera-esque look of a button-front blouse and high-waist floral embroidered skirt that showed just a peek of skin. Hot!

Adrienne Bailon gave a menswear-inspired flair to the event in a $265 Elizabeth and James Odin Tuxedo Blouse, tailored brown trousers, and blue suede pumps.

Kim Kardashian was the talk of the town while on her way to the DuJour Magazine Launch Party in NYC. Her revealing Thierry Mugler Fall 2012 dress and Céline Velvet Mulese Sandals turned more than a few heads. I’m all for this!

Stylish couple Alexis Welch and Amar’e Stoudemire were also in attendance at the DuJour party. Loving her red ruffle-detailed dress and Givenchy sandals.

Backstage at the Olcay Gulsen Spring 2013 fashion show, Rocsi Diaz posed in a pair of the brand’s $600 Ankle Strap Pumps, as well as a $250 Long Sleeve Open Back Dress from the brand. Work Rocsi!

Mariah Carey lent her talents to the NFL Kick-Off Concert in Rockefeller Center. I’m going to give her husband’s look a hmm…but Mariah is giving glamour with her oversize shades and sequin mini dress.

At the Spring Breakers Premiere at the 69th Venice Film Festival, Selena Gomez shut the red carpet down in an Atelier Versace gown. Beautiful!

Eva Marcille gave a textured LBD some life with fringe earrings and embellished Christian Louboutin pumps at the Xen Lounge Party in LA.

Tamar Braxton was also on hand at the Xen Lounge Party. She looked cute in printed pants and open-toe booties.

Common was spotted in NYC in his favorite camo pants. How fine is this man?

While out and about in West Hollywood, Angela Simmons slipped on a football-inspired striped dress. Though it took me awhile to process, I’m kind of digging it!

Cassie kept it simple in NYC after returning from her long vacay in a tank, leg-baring cutoff shorts, and $685 Isabel Marant Bazil Hi Top Sneakers.

Halle Berry is in Cabo and she looked vacation-ready while traipsing through the airport. She needs not a bit of makeup!

While at Cuvee Restaurant in LA, Jennifer Williams wore a girly chambray and lace dress, beaded sandals, a Prada logo jacquard bag, and her favorite Tom Ford Carrie Sunglasses.

Ludacris and his impossibly hot girlfriend, Eudoxie, closed out LudaDay weekend at his all-white party at Compound Nightclub in Atlanta. They’re definitely a good looking couple!

Atlanta was definitely the place to be this week! The legendary Mikki Taylor posed with Cynthia Bailey at the Versailles 73 screening. Simple and chic.

Last, but not least was Rita Ora who went print crazy at the BBC Radio 1 Studios in London.

Who had your favorite looks this week?
~Faith

34 Responses to “This Week in Chic: 9th Annual Style Awards, Kim Kardashian, Rocsi Diaz, and More!”

1. Anthony says:

Great post!You guys always amaze me with your research skills in finding the designers for each piece!

2. Dom says:

Cynthia, Rocsi, Eudoxie, and Mariah.

Joan Smalls looks a blazing mess.

3. Natasha says:

I want the table scraps of whatever Iman is eating. Wow! She killed it.

4. Joan Smalls is serving the kids a cup of high fashion. Adrienne’s outfit is adorable, I need it in my life. Kim needs 5 inches cut from the bottom of her dress. Angela Simmons looks cute. I can’t with Jeniffer Williams and that mess of a dress. If you’re older than 5 that dress isn’t for you. That shade of green Cynthia is rocking is nice.

5. ChasC says:

CYNTHIA! GORG! LOVE HER!

Cynthia’s dress color is pretty

7. Cristal says:

deff loveeeee adrienne’s outfit give it a 10

8. tiffers says:

This is the prettiest I’ve seen Adrienne! She should keep this style:)

9. Jihan says:

Faith, you wrote this post like a true quehn “have you received your sustenance yet?”

Love it.

I am in the grave, Selena Gomez just slayed me with that dress.

10. mecnbug says:

Joan Smalls is amazing. But those boots are ….. stupid.

The ‘grown ladies’ shut it down this week… Iman, Halle, Cynthia looked simply Stunning! Also gotta give it to Joan Smalls for the most fashionable look. YES!

12. Joan Smalls looks ridic in those boots. Only one person has worn them well and was with a short dress. Nobody seems to understand proportion with these boots.

13. LA says:

Eva MAriah Adrienne and Euxodie

14. Jeda says:

Is it just me or does Kim’s breast look low in that dress? Maybe its just the line cuts in the dress that make them look low.

Blessings

15. Pari says:

The one person that stuck in my head when I got to the end of this post was Joan Smalls, and it’s not because she looked amazing.

16. I’m only here for Joan Smalls. YES. WERK!

17. Jen says:

nice . They actually look really hot and sexy :) great pics :D and they are wearing sooo pretty dresses

18. tasha says:

Joan + those boots are not working.

Loving everyone’s look really. I wish Adrienne wore different pants with her look.

Rocsi’s look is great and she rocks it well every time.

19. lolodoll11 says:

Surprisingly, the only look I’m feeling is Rosci’s. If Kanye knows so much about fashion, wonder why he always has Kim in dresses / skirts that are entirely too long for her based on her height? Jennifer Williams loves those silly looking shades. She looks like a clown. I love Rachel Roy, but have yet to see in her something and say to myself “I like that look”

20. aries says:

Halle, Eudoxie, Mariah and Cynthia, so good to see some different people. i haven’t seen Halle in awhile. Rocsi looks adorable.

21. Bre Bre says:

How come Tamar Braxton’s outfits always make me want to sing…

“Gucci This Gucci That… CitiTrendz Clearance Rack…” to the tune of the OMG Girlz classic.

where she get those cheap ass leggins? UGH. Everybody else look decent. Hated Kims boobs in that dress. Cynthia looks good. And loved Rosci’s orange shoes!

22. Cookie says:

Kim, baby no! No no no!!!!!! Leave the high fashion to those who are taller and less busty!! This dress is making her breast look all kinds of strange!

23. Alexis says:

I NEED that dress and those shoes that Eudoxie (Luda’s girlfriend) is wearing!! Does anyone know where I could find them or something very similar? thanks

24. pookie says:

I think that Kanye thinks he has a model chick, however Kim doesn’t have a model body. She’s maybe 5′ 3” And the clothing that he picks for her are for a women at least 5’7” or more. I really still cant believe that she allows him to dress her. What an idiot.

25. Brittany says:

Jihan does these so much better.

26. hayilabc says:

No comment on Rita. Angela looks like a Space Cadet. I feel bad for Kims boobs in that dress & Adrienne’s shoe would have been better canary yellow or something. That blue does not give me life.

27. KayGee says:

Oh kim ew. EW.

28. nino says:

IMAN AND CYNTHIA….goodness me…

29. mamareese says:

I’m sorry Joan Smalls and Kim K need to leave those boots for the winter time or pull them jokers up and make some thigh high boots. They just are not cute or flattering at all. Luda’s lady is stunning!!!

30. Pinky says:

selana gomez, roci and cynthia were my faves. Nick cannon & rita ora need to hang it up.

31. style watch says:

this dress makes kims boobs look weird and maria look like she has to go to the bathroom

32. Gray says:

Mariah should get a hmmmmmm too. The cups on that dress are a 1/4 of her breast size, not a good look or fit. Otherwise all the ladies look great :)

33. oldhousecoat says:

In order of HOTT (ness): Selena, Iman, Rachel, Common, Jennifer and Luda
    All the rest hmmm – and the saddest hmmm of all – Kim. I don’t think Kanye is the best influence. I don’t know if he had any say in this outfit but the fit at the bust wasn’t working at all (similar issue w. Mrs. Cannon).

34. Lola says:

WOAH that green dress is amazing! major wadrobe envy there