September 3rd, 2012
Celebrity Style, Rihanna, Shopping, Who Wore it Better

Rihanna has a tendency to wear and re-wear a few select items. Her Melody Ehsani Queen of the Jungle Necklace, for one. Her Gucci USA GG flag collection boston bag is also a favorite. And now she’s been spied repeating her Isabel Marant Suede Trim Cotton Linen Canvas Jacket.

She was most recently papped in London pairing the piece with olive zip pants, a gray top, Karen London gold necklace, and white Manolo Blahnik white heels. She first wore it to Scarpetta in Beverly Hills with a gray top and cut off shorts, accented by red Manolo Blahnik heels.
The Tonal army-green cotton and linen-blend jacket has olive faux suede trims, a D-ring fastening strap at the hood, front pockets, buckle-fastening straps at the hem, and a lightly quilted lining.

I checked the weather in London–it seems to still be pretty warm! But that said, I think I like the denim short look a bit better. I appreciate the pop of red sandals, her red lip, and how the roomy jacket balances her more form fitting bottoms.
What do you think?

Can’t decide? Get both of her looks here:

12 Responses to “When Did She Wear it Better? Rihanna’s in Etoile Isabel Marant’s Army Green Suede Trim Cotton Linen Canvas Jacket”

1. Jaida says:

I’m not really a fan of the jacket and she needs to give that Gucci bag a rest.

She promotes Gucci as she’s a spokesperson for them…I think she still has a contract with them hence promo of the ugly bag.

3. sarah london says:

loving the jacket on Rii, not a massive fan of the shoes though… another Gucci product placement, they must be paying her bucket loads…

4. I like the jacket better with the shorts

Instagram:Onlyforyouboutique

5. Mo_Sheri10 says:

I actually like the jacket better with the olive pants. The shoe choice could have been better though. I think a portion of the proceeds from the Gucci bag goes to charity. Another reason she wears it all the time.

6. Truth Teller says:

THE GUCCI BAG IS UGLY, (THE JACKET )I THINK IT LOOK BETTER WITH THE PANTS BUT I AM NOT 100% IN LOVE WITH THE JACKET ONLY ABOUT 50% DEPENDS ON WHAT U WEAR WITH IT

7. tasha says:

The second look with the denim and red shoes is cute. The jacket looks two size too big though. Cute look though

8. SLIMB says:

I think she looked cute both times,, but the shorts – look is my favorite.

9. Chris styles says:

Nothing special about the jacket or any of the outfits she’s rocking it with. I guess because it’s an Isabel Marant folks feel compelled to think its hot.

10. binks says:

Hate the jacket but she looks decent when she wore the cargo pants with it, so that is my pick.

11. Kay says:

I like this jacket, however not for that price.

12. ÉTOILE ISABEL MARANT prefers easy, casual products for summer season, but what we saw on the drive way these days often seemed incredibly similar to easy, casual products for cold climate.