August 31st, 2012
Fashion News
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

• If you’re a “fake-a$$ punk,” Moises de la Renta does not want you at his father’s runway show. The young designer took to facebook to complain about all the people contacting him for tickets to see his dad Oscar’s Spring 2013 offerings. Said de la Renta: “Haha lol mad peeps asking me to go to #ODLR show this season but where were u when [bleep] was crazy . . . ! Nowhere! So go find ur own invites, fake ass punks . . . PS my name is Moises not Oscar and I’m not in the PR business so see you guys in hell [bleeps]! #lmfao #sweetrevenge.”  Let them know! (NYP)

A look from Bespoken Spring 2012

• Details magazine has reserved space in the New York Public Library at Lincoln Center to host menswear shows during Fashion Week. The magazine hopes to raise awareness about talented menswear designers during a week when quite frankly, little attention is paid to men’s fashion. In fact, out of the four main cities that host Fashion Week, New York is the only one that does not hold a week of menswear collections. The “Details Collections Gallery” will host runway shows from Bespoken, John Bartlett, Mark McNairy, and more from September 8-11th.  (WWD)

Abercrombie & Fitch has experienced a significant loss in sales this year, which experts attribute to the retailer’s cookie cutter image and overpriced wares. In the first half of the fiscal year, sales went down 2.5 percent, and the brand just closed 71 stores in the US, with plans to shutter another 180 by 2015. Sales for the retailer have been slipping since 2008. The recession and this generation of teenagers’s individualistic sartorial proclivities have caused A&F’s usual customers to look to retailers like H&M and American Eagle who offer more fashion forward wares at much lower prices. Those shirtless models with chiseled, square jaws, washboard abs, and boyish charm don’t seem to be cutting it anymore. (Business Week)

Gwyneth Paltrow was spotted in an airport carrying Hedi Slimane‘s first handbag for YSL ( or SLP, QRSTUV, WXYZ…?). The tote was custom made for Ms. Paltrow, and comes in a very on-trend shade of mink. Could this be a sign of what to expect from Slimane’s debut collection for the brand? (Grazia)

• Check out Khloe Kardashian‘s awesome dripping Chanel logo nails. Hot! or Hmm…? (@KhloeKardashian)

• Foine US Olympic gold medalist swimmer Ryan Lochte is getting his own fashion line. On a level of 1-10, with 1 being chic and 10 being She by Sheree, where do you think Lochte’s line will fall? (Daily Mail)

~Jihan

18 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Moises de la Renta Wants You to Stop Asking for Tickets to Oscar’s Spring Show, Ryan Lochte Confirms Clothing Line, and Gwyneth Paltrow Debuts Hedi Slimane’s First Bag for YSL”

1. Sandra says:

Everyone wants to be a designer. Would love to be at the details menswear fashion show. A house full of eye candy count me in.

2. KBS says:

Jihan, please stop playing and give the deets on the nails!

3. Khloe’s nails would be fire if her interlocking C’s didn’t look so bootleg.

4. kory conover says:

Maybe that was a little unprofessional for Moises De La Renta to write on Facebook. But I understand his frustration.

I like Abercrombie & Fitch but I think Jihan hit the nail on the head when she said fashionable young adults are heading to H&M and other places where they sell the same things for less than half the price you’d pay at A&F. Recently, I purchased three things full price at H&M that I would’ve paid for one thing on sale at A&F.

5. ^^ Word. I kind of wish the interlocking C’s was dripping gold instead of black.

6. I wish the C’s were dripping gold instead of black. That would have looked way more luxe!

7. TheAntifash says:

Why are people so obsessed with Chanel? Has anyone seen the past collections? AWFUL! I really do not get it.

8. SPA says:

lmbo @ FOINE!

9. EatStylePlay says:

was it his personal FB? or a public one? If it was personal then he has the right to vent, even if it was public i would be made too if i knew ppl only came out the woods to bother me for tickets. He does need to put on his big boy pants and just ignore folks though.

10. K Diana says:

Lmao @ She by Sheree!! Jihan is hilarious…

I think Moises’ rant was aimed at a specific person so FB was probably the most tact way to express his feelings. Gwen’s bag is cute but any custom made YSL is outta my budget so let me keep it moving. Kim’s nails look a little too… Ghetto. There I said it.

11. Jennifer says:

I love Jihan’s writing! I LOL’d at “She by Sheree”.

I wonder if A&F’s lackluster sales have anything to do with that God-awful cologne they assault you with from a block away. I haven’t been in one since 2008 because of it.

I like Khloe’s nails! I think the dripping effect is cute.

12. Danielle says:

10 but it doesn’t matter he’s gorgeous.

13. Utibe A. says:

Jihan, your humor makes my heart smile. lol

14. Mya says:

I remember when getting designs on your nails (having a weave, big butts, big earrings too) equaled being ghetto or hood . Now other folks embrace it and it’s cool. I’m sure someone has DONE what KoKo is doing now. It looks okay, nothing special.

15. MyLilMag says:

Why everybody wants to become designer ? Mr Lochte please perseveres only in the swimming.

16. Siyam says:

Moises DLR: two snaps for lettin’em know.
    KhoKho Ohno: Inappropriately done. Coulda been hot, now it’s a hmm..
    Get the A&F outta here: really? Shirtless men in a store for teen girls that beats you blind with intense scent marketing? Who would thought they’d be closing * add additional sarcasm*
    Men Where?: I’d go if I wasn’t in classes at least fifteen states away
    Gwyn’s bag: like it, but want to see what’s next.

Lochte: just cause you wore swim trunks doesn’t mean you should design them. Endorse them, though? yes.

17. tasha says:

Loving Gwen’s bag. Lochte clothing line yeah not another “celeb” line this why real talented suffers.

Khloe’s nails are cute.

A&F needs to re think their brand and pricing.

18. Liz says:

Oscar is such a classy man too bad his adopted son didn’t inherit this trait. He is trying to design himself…sounds like he wanted to make a big deal out of nothing for some free press that would link him to his Father’s fame. Tacky.