August 31st, 2012
Celebrity Style, Hot or Hmm, Rihanna

Rihanna certainly has her favorite restaurants! Da Silvano in New York, Giorgio Baldi in Cali, and Nozomi in London (sad that I know that–haha). At any rate, our favorite Bad Gal was spied post dinner in London in a $103 Trapstar Snakeskin Sweater, $425 T by Alexander Wang Burgundy Leather Miniskirt, and Python boots from Tom Ford’s Fall 2012 collection:

Her black sweater has the Trapstar logo cast in snakeskin.

T by Alexander Wang’s textured leather miniskirt has a side zip closure and a side seam.

Her boots feature a gold tipped heel.

There are so many great things about this outfit–the boots and the skirt for one. But something about it doesn’t 100% work for me. Then again, her sporty sweater and burgundy lip are unexpected, edgy, and interesting. I’m torn.

What do you think?

If you like her look, get her sweater at IamTrapstar.com and her skirt at Ssense.com. Keep an eye out for her boots at TomFord.com.

Images: Zimbio

34 Responses to “Hot! or Hmm…: Rihanna’s Nozomi Restaurant Trapstar Snakeskin Sweater, T by Alexander Wang Burgundy Leather Miniskirt, and Tom Ford Fall 2012 Python Spike Heel Boots”

1. Santos says:

I love the Look!!!

As always RiRi is pushing the boundaries and redefining what it means to be young black, fabulous and sexy in Hollywood.

Do WORK !

2. Siyam says:

I like it. It is edgy and I like how she’s breaking the rules. I would never think to pair those things together but it works. I’m glad whoever is styling her is pushing the envelope.

3. Tai says:

No ma’am. I like the skirt and boots but that sweatshirt is completely throwing it off for me…

4. Lady Binchy says:

no… NO. What is going on as of late?

I like it. Sporty chic sweats, burgundy + leather and snakeskin..its a Fall fashion explosion.

6. Jaida says:

I vote no. She could’ve worn a different top.

7. mamareese says:

Whhhaattt! I know you can’t be spot on everytime….but dang girl it’s like she doesn’t care lately. Hm does her professing her love for team breezy have something to do with the whole goth, emo girl, I look like I stink look? Anyway love the music though!

8. Hello says:

Its weird but I actually like it

9. No ma’am. Not working. All of the pieces are good separately though

20% off on my site now until Tuesday code WORKHARD

10. Coco says:

No maam is correct. Great pieces but not all together…Dont look edgy to me either…looks like she got tired of thinking so she just threw on that sweater after pickinng out the skirt and boots

11. Fifi says:

its not even a ‘hmm’ its a straight up NO! ur letting me down riri :(

12. siti says:

Nooooooooooo. You would’nt think to pair them together, cause Dag-nabbit, they DON’T go together. she spent a ton of money to look like she forgot to take her meds today.

13. kory conover says:

I love the peices individually but together they look a mess.

14. Tiffany says:

great pieces but not together! All three pieces would be great with other options…

15. Sherida says:

What would have made this look come together for me is if that leather skirt were denim jeans (same shade)….That would have been HOT!

16. TheAntifash says:

It would have been a great look had she worn a pleated skirt… I really dig that trapstar sweatshirt and I may just have to put a purchase on it.

17. Ahdahmah says:

No boo boo, this does not work at all. The dark lip and whole make up, i adore….BUT THE REST SORRRRYYYYYY NOOOOO. I SEE RIRI IS ALWAYS TRYNA STEP IT UP BUT THIS IS A JOKE

18. Sareena428 says:

Hmmmm all the way! I like the pieces individually but together it’s too much. It looks like a rich people’s version of laundry day and this was the only thing she could find.

19. bella says:

HAM WITH TACKY FROSTING ON TOP.

20. Child Please says:

There’s something I love about it!

21. Robin says:

im loving this get up!

22. Twerk says:

I kinda like it O_O

23. Shelly says:

Yikes! The only thing I like is her hair…. Still love my Riri though =/

24. S. says:

♥♥♥
    She always does her own thing

25. Jeda says:

lol, i think this is the first time that i actually like a Rih style that most other people seem to hate, lol. For some reason, I’m feelin it.

Blessings

26. Grace says:

Why are we even entertaining this?! That outfit is a mess and if anyone else was wearing it, the masses would say so. No, she cannot pull this “look” off.

27. Lauren says:

I like the skirt!…That’s about it.

28. LaTasha says:

The shirt, skirt and boots are cute but not together. It looks like she’s doing too much. This shirt would have been cute with some skinny jeans and high top sneakers. Sometimes simple is good.

29. tay says:

i feel bad for the snake that was used for these boots

30. Tina says:

LMAO These comments are giving me way too much life right now!! I’ll definetely have to pass on this fit.

31. LOLO says:

I’d like the look if she would have either 1) wore the sweater and the boots with some black distressed skinny jeans orrrr 2) wore the sweater and skirt with those sneakers with the hidden wedges … then i would have been on board l0l

32. tasha says:

Love the pieces as separates not as a whole look.

33. Browness says:

Its kinda cute, still edgy….hey, count your blessings, she’s for the most part “Covered up”

34. Jessica says:

I know I’m mad late…..but I actually really like this look, on her! I can’t see it on anyone else but it works for her. This look actually inspired me to go out and purchase an oxblood color leather mini skirt, I am very excited about styling it for the fall/winter. The only thing I would change about her look is the hair and maybe makeup, don’t get me wrong it looks cool on her but not with that outfit. A softer “girlier” (if you will) look would have gave it a nice balance, i.e. the pixie cut with natural makeup……just my 2 cents lol