August 30th, 2012
Celebrity Style, Week in Chic
By Faith

Happy Thursday!

It has been a long and busy week, but all roads lead to Philly for the Made in America festival–6pm can’t come soon enough! I had a bit of a computer meltdown this morning, but I am determined to stay in positive spirits going into Labor Day Weekend.

Celebs closed out August in a good way this week! It was all in the details from two-tone hair to bright, eye-catching clutches.

Check out some of this week’s most noteworthy looks:

Melanie Fiona was one of the performers at Pepsi and Billboard’s Summer Beats Concert, celebrating Michael Jackson. She let her two-tone hair be the focal point of her all-black look. I love her hair (and have two-tone hair myself), but this ensemble isn’t doing much for me.

Ne-Yo also performed at the event and did a complete 180 in the style department. He combined print and texture in one of his signature fedoras, a printed blazer, and cap-toe sneakers. Hot! Ne-Yo went for something unexpected and I always like a man who isn’t afraid to experiment with fashion.

Adrienne Bailon is clearly a fan of leather dresses and she slipped on a two-tone combo style with leather booties. Work Adrienne!

Rocsi Diaz danced the night away in a now sold-out $10 Zara Fringe Dress and the ever-popular $695 Giuseppe Zanotti Peep-Toe Ankle Strap Pumps. Life restored: this look is amazing!

Last, but not least were Swizz Beatz and DJ Cassidy. The latter’s look is a little crazy, but I’m loving Swizz’s $645 Givenchy Stars and Striped Cotton Poplin Shirt.

As you can see, two-tone was the trend of the week and Tyra Banks tried it out at the Good Afternoon America studios in a $238 Torn by Ronny Kobo Caterina Combo Dress and $715 Sergio Rossi Round Toe Platform Pumps. Hot!

BFFS NeNe Leakes and Jennifer Williams were spotted at Mr. Chow in Beverly Hills for a charity dinner. Go ‘head NeNe! I would totally wear her blazer/sheer blouse/destructed denim combo.

Promoting her latest foray into style and beauty, Nicole Richie brought her new scent to Macy’s Glendale Galleria in Glendale, California. She gave a Fall spin to her little white dress with brown leather booties with gold trim. Not feeling the shoes with her adorable frock, but Nicole likes to keep us guessing.

Selita Ebanks was on hand at the 2012 U.S. Open in Queens, New York. She uplifted a draped blazer and skinnies with snakeskin pumps and a neon green clutch.

Jessica White was also on hand at the U.S. Open in some kind of wide-leg jumpsuit contraption. Hmm…I love a wide-leg jumpsuit, but this isn’t flattering at all. You almost forget that she’s model height and has legs for days!

Kim Kardashian stuck to her neutral color palette in LA in a military jacket and her favorite Givenchy Cage Booties. It actually worked for her here: pared-down doesn’t have to mean boring!

Rita Ora signed copies of her debut album, “Ora”, in London in a black PVC flame printed crop top and mini skirt from Meat Clothing’s 2012 collection. I’m starting to understand that Rita just loves Jordans! She is going to wear them day in and day out, no matter what and I like that she has her own sense of style and isn’t going to budge. With that being said…she could have thrown on a pair of Unbouts and really played up this fun look.

Jessica Alba went menswear-inspired while grabbing a bite to eat at LA hotspot Katsuya. She paired a striped linen blazer with pink skinnies, a $1,665 Tod’s Leather Tote Bag, and $375 Jenni Kayne Linen D’Orsay Flats.

Who had your favorite looks this week?

25 Responses to “This Week in Chic: Pepsi and Billboard’s Summer Beats Concert, Tyra Banks, NeNe Leakes, and More!”

1. Kitty B. says:

Nene, Rocsi, and Selita (for once) all look cute…

Oh Rita what will we do with you…sighs :(

2. Shawn says:

Love the relaxed looks

3. Nothin’ to see here, folks.

4. Allie says:

Love Rocsi’s look. NeNe’s look is a great dress down but fashionable ensemble. Loving the fact that she wore her “Nethia” heels from ShoeDazzle.

Wow, I like most of the looks this week, particularly Melanie’s boots, Adrienne’s leather dress, and NeNe’s entire look (wow, never thought I’d say THAT before). Loving how they rocked the two-tone looks this week.

6. Marsha D says:

Rocsi…go away…
    Melanie Fiona looks like she’s missing her bottoms! But cute nonetheless.
    Jessica White can never get it right…
    DJ Cassidy- knobbyknees.com
    Ne-yo hit up Prince’s closet ‘for he got there….
    Rita Ora…that outfit and you need a swift kick…like a hard donkey kick-

7. Jeda says:

Rocsi’s Zara dress is really only $10??? no.

8. Melanie’s outfit is rather simple, but I love it!! Black is my favorite color and everything about her look is working for me. I like it for a day-to-day casual look, allowing your lips to pop or shoes to be the statement piece. I’d love to know where she got her dress/top.

9. LoudPen says:

I actually really love Melanie’s and Rita’s looks. Whether or not Rita’s sneakers match her outfits is irrelevant. The main point is that she rocks a bold look with confidence and that’s shows true personal style. Wearing what you want and making it work. Go girl!

10. RHONYC says:

Ty-Ty Baby is reppin’ H-A-R-D for us tall, slender, big-boobied pin-up gals! hey-yo!
    she’s our official leader. ;-)

ps- Selita’s beaming smile + Jessica’s flawless skin = HEAVENLY

11. AUBREY says:

LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT MELANIE’S LOOK!

12. Diva says:

Am I the only one over Rita Ora ?

13. dyshaun says:

Love that Rita dont give a damn. :-)

Melanie is my fav this week. Dont like Rocsi’s and Jessica’s jumpsuit is cute for me.

14. KayGee says:

Nicole R. looks like a 50 year old… shit.
    Nene’s outfit? Neh.

15. Kimberly says:

Nicole Ritchie looks really worn and old….. Rita Ora ?

16. Twerk says:

Rita’s outfit is an abomination tbh. I really can’t.

17. SLIMB says:

Everyone looks cute, however
    -ne-yo needs to tone it down a bit.
    Selita’s clutch looks a little on the cheap side she looks amazing as usual tho.
    Jessica always wears something oversized im starting to not even be surprised & as for Rita she needs not to be even mentioned

18. DannielleS says:

Jennifer and Selita are the only cute ones. Kim K looks nice, but eh

19. Yawn says:

Nicole R looks a MESS. She often looks all washed out. She and Rashida Jones need some bronzer and a “real” haircut/hairdo.

20. Siyam says:

I need Jessica White to change

21. Tessa B says:

Well its been a long time since I could say just about all the looks for the week shown here are on point (excluding melanie fiona)!

22. Eva says:

jessica alba PLEASE change up your style! if i see you in another jeans/blouse/blazer combo, so help me god….

23. Shelly says:

I’m really starting to miss the old Kim K. She doesn’t even really look happy, or herself anymore anymore. I’d even be happy if she mixed some of this new “style” with the old. Just bring back some color! lol.

24. Shannon says:

I really like Ne Yo’s cap-toe sneakers. I wanted to know who they were by. I didn’t really care to much for the rest of his wardrobe choice for the evening. I’m dying for Swizz Beatz’s Givenchy Stars and Striped Cotton Poplin shirt though – sickening! Overall, from top to bottom NeNe Leakes gave me everything I wanted! Her look was completely finished and wasn’t over done at all! I lived! Work NeNe!

25. a gem says:

I think nene has forgotten that she is a grandmother now… Her outfit is not age appropriate smh