August 24th, 2012
Fashion News
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

Azealia Banks continues to flex her fashion muscle, this time for a collaboration with M.A.C cosmetics. The  ‘Van Vogue’ rapper will debut her very own limited edition lipstick shade, aptly named Yung Rapunxel. The “deep plum, cream lipstick with an amplified, semi-matte finish” will drop online September 5th (in stores the next day) and retail for $15. Will you be buying? (Glamazons)

• Looking for a trendy ready-to-wear jacket for your man? Look no further than Cisum Couture. Love and Hip Hop stars Chrissy Lampkin and Emily B fêted the launch of their new menswear jacket line Wednesday night. (Necole Bitchie)

A few months ago, the folks over at NARS announced plans to release an Andy Warhol-inspired collection. Now, the first images from the range have surfaced. From the floral shaped wells in the eyeshadow palette trios to the iconic Debbie Harry lip-emblazoned packaging, this is shaping up to be one of the most exciting releases from a makeup brand this year. The limited edition range consists of two sub-collections, the “Pop Art” one, which will be sold at Sephora, and a collection inspired by Warhol’s ‘Silver Factory,’ which you can find in department stores. (Kiss and Makeup)

• Because Manhattan is in desperate need of another large H&M, the Swedish brand has unveiled plans to open its largest store ever at 48th street– just three blocks away from its 51st street flagship store. The retailer claims the proximity in location will “increase foot traffic” between both stores. And by foot traffic, they mean “profits.” The 57,000 square foot store will have six floors and offer H&M’s entire catalogue, including home items, lingerie, special sizes, and cosmetics. (Fashionista)

• Scrabble enthusiasts have two new words to use on game night. ‘Vajazzle,’ the action of embellishing your ladybits, and the modern-day use of the word ‘douche’ have both been added to the Oxford Dictionary. Ah, the evolution of language. (The Cut)

Chanel‘s latest video shows that you don’t need to have a nose to look hot in their Rouge Allure lipstick and winged eyeliner. (Styleite)

• A billboard outside Brian Atwood‘s Madison Avenue store was taken down after being deemed too risqué for the common man’s innocent eyes. The billboard featured Candice Swanepoel, clad in a bustier, thigh high stockings, and zebra print Atwood pumps, entangled between a pair of naked men. Sounds like a regular ‘ol Tuesday afternoon to me. (Telegraph)

~ Jihan

19 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Azealia Banks Gets MAC Lipstick Shade, H&M to Open Largest Store, and Sexy Brian Atwood Ad Banned in NYC”

1. tasha says:

Congrats to Chrissy and Emily on their spin show and clothing line.

H&M doesnt do anything for me. Its the ikea of clothing spend a lot and after a couple washes its done.

2. Cherie in the D says:

I like Chrissy Lampkin’s FASHION style. Congrats! Looking forward to seeing what the Men’s jackets look like.

Yes that bill board is to risqué!!! to be out in the public street like that. I may not want to see all of that on my way to lunch with my daughters. Now on my way to dinner on a date night is a different situation. LOL!

3. Kay says:

i bet emily is going to do a cat leather leotard.

4. Hehe says:

I love the Azealia Banks’ lipstick. Very pretty fall color.

5. Honey B says:

Jihan – your posts are always very clever and witty.

Love the Azealia lipstick color — good for her.

6. tt says:

tasha this is so true. every time i go into an h&m i’m disappointed. everything looks & feels uber cheap, clothes strewn all over the place, & i don’t have the patience to look through all that mess.

i don’t care for emily because she’s a pathetic beggar who can’t dress & chrissy is a bully, but chrissy’s short haircut is so fly. i love it on her.

7. bella says:

GO AZEALIA GO!

8. Really Bella says:

Azealia is a beast out here. She’s unstoppable.

9. LaTasha says:

Go head Azealia!! Now she has her own lipstick shade. She’s doing a whole lot more than the other Azealia…was her name iggy azealia? How’s that working T.I.?

10. lv says:

I agree bella n really bella!!

11. TheAntifash says:

Not a MAC girl but I will be copping the Azealia Lipstick, very pretty.

12. yusufswifee says:

I dont know why the dark lippies just dont work for me anymore…used to be one of my favorite things about fall…now they seem to age me…but I never stop trying…

I have to say that H&M is my go to stop for basics and cheap trendy pieces. I wasn’t sure but recently have tried them and they are working well…even after washing. Very pleased. I do find the set up of their stores overwhelming. You have to be very focused and then weed stuff out while standing in the super long line. By the time I’m up, I have narrowed it down to two or three items.

13. yusufswifee says:

also, ive determined folks dont like emily because she was so weak on that first season of that shoe….

oh and that Nars collection looks fab.

14. “Chanel‘s latest video shows that you don’t need to have a nose to look hot in their Rouge Allure lipstick and winged eyeliner.” -LOL!

15. Kay says:

Congrats Azealia! I will definitely be adding the new lipstick to my collection.

16. Siyam says:

@Jihan can I have your “regular ol’ Tuesday”?

17. Kahalia says:

The men seem to be having too much fun with each other and way to interested in shoes. Not for me or the kids. lol Next.

18. Dee says:

Jihan, you’re hilarious! “Regular ‘ol Tuesday afternoon” Rotflmbo

19. oooooh i like the new commenting system!! I’m getting the Mac Lipstick, because i love anything purple, or wine colored!