August 22nd, 2012
Fashion, Fashion News
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

• Is… is that Mariah Carey in another series of too short and tight outfits in her new music video for ‘Triumphant (Get ‘Em)’ feat Rick Ross and Meek Mill?

Why, yes, yes it is. (YouTube)

Tommy Hilfiger‘s Spring 2013 shows will respectively be held at  The Maritime Hotel’s North Cabana on September 7th for mens, and the High Line’s Chelsea Market Passage on September 9th for women’s. (WWD)

• It comes as little surprise that fashion it-girl Alexa Chung has announced plans to design her own collection. “In this current era of celebrity no one believes you actually design the stuff anyway, even though I sketch everything myself,” she told Numéro. “So if it sucks I can say I had nothing to do with it, and if it’s really good I can say ‘Here are the drawings, it’s all my own work!” Would you buy Alexa-designed duds? (Telegraph)

• Designer Giles Deacon dishes on dressing Victoria Beckham for her London Olympics closing ceremonies performance. (Grazia)

• Here’s another leaked image from C.R. Fashion Book, featuring Lara Stone as an angel. (CR Fashion Book)

• London based designer Louise Goldin will also show during New York Fashion Week, on September 12th. Legendary brand Marimekko will also show stateside, September 10th at the Highline Stages. (WWD)

~ Jihan

10 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Mariah Carey’s Music Video for ‘Triumphant (Get ‘Em)’, Alexa Chung to Design Own Collection, and Another Leaked Image from C.R. Fashion Book

1. Cherie says:

I am loving the way Brandy has a strong come back, others should take note. I would have loved to see “hot like Mariiiiah” come back with a different look that said I was hot then but I am smoking now with my husband and twin babies! You know a more grown woman look instead of the sex kitten, Marilyn Monroe skirt blowing in the wind & move sum en dress.

Off topic I think that is what Kanye is trying to do with Kim K, tone down her image the only problem with that is she can not help him help her because she does not know who she is yet. My man can dress me (purchase things he like to see me in or suggest an outfit) because I know who I am and so does he and we have both agreed upon the path that we are on together so he knows not to ask me to wear leather in the summer although if it make him feel goooood! (in the Halle Berry voice) to see me in leather in the summer I had to LEARN!!!! to put on that leather for a date night!

2. Mariah’s new song is wack. Just because you throw Meek Mill and Rick Ross on a track doesn’t make it a hit.

3. DarkEmpress says:

I love Mariah’s new song it’s inspirational but it’s not a ballad you can still dance to it.

4. zy says:

am I the only one simply not that inspired by Alexa Chung’s “style”? she does nothing for me.

5. DannielleS says:

@zy…no you are not! She does not dress that well to me either. She often looks like she needs a bath. I don’t get the hype

6. danielle says:

Mariah…smh

7. addikted2fashion says:

Maria sang the chorus and got to call the song hers? Oh ok.
    Im Gonna have to agree wit an above comment that Mariah shouldve come bac with a different look. Im bored by the spandex dresses and bare midriff looks.

Whats the fascination with Alexa Chung? What am I missing?

8. michezulu says:

Mariah is trying to hard.

Rick Ross looks dapper.

Meek a boxer. Don’t know about that.

Don’t care for the song. Where’s Jermaine.

9. Kay says:

LMFAO Jermain is sitting somewhere saying dont look at me. this is horrible. Everytime i see DK Khaled i laugh becuase all he says is “we the best” im happy he didnt say that on this video.

10. Jazzy says: