August 20th, 2012
Celebrity Style, Hot or Hmm
By Faith

Happy Monday everyone!

Did you all tune into Rihanna and Oprah’s interview last night? I was glued to the TV screen and tweeting my life away! It was definitely great television.

It was a busy weekend for celebrities, with the 2012 Do Something Awards in Santa Monica and a number of other sightings while out and about. A few ladies and gents impressed me, which is always a nice way to start off the week.

Let’s get into this weekend’s looks!

Keke Palmer undoubtedly had one of the best looks of the night at the 2012 Do Something Awards. I loved her simple white sheath and classic accessories!

The Bosh family was on hand at the awards show. Adrienne was on trend in a bright ensemble consisting of a seamed blouse with a slight peplum, a turquoise tulip skirt, and neon peep-toe pumps. Chris kept it simple in a v-neck stripe tee and jeans. Adorable!

Nicole Murphy strutted her stuff on the blue carpet in a floral dress and $334 Giuseppe Zanotti Mesh Slingback Pumps.

Another lady from the Hollywood Exes cast was in attendance because Mayte Garcia was also on hand. Her makeup and hair? Flawless? Her dress? Matronly. Her body is too amazing for this!

LisaRaye stuck to her all-white color palette. Hot!

Nick Cannon looked dapper in a three-piece suit. Not sure how I feel about his shoes here, but I do like the pop of color.

Will.i.am really loves his Vivienne Westwood Vested Blazer because he has it in more than one color! He paired it with a plaid newsboy hat and striped flats.

Alek Wek lives to serve and she did just that in a cute LBD and strappy nude sandals. The footwear were a miss here, but I always love Alek’s radiant skin and effortless elegance.

Ne-Yo chose a burgundy suit, a white fedora, printed tee, and $480 Lanvin Burgundy Suede Low Top Sneakers. I’m not usually a fan of his style, but I must admit, this is hot!

Master P and his daughter Cymphonique Miller made an appearance. She looks cute and playful, while he looks like an extra from an 80′s Run DMC video. He’s definitely making me say uhh with this one.

Last, but not least was Laura Govan who channeled Toni Braxton at the 2001 Grammys in a python print revealing dress and $1,395 Christian Louboutin Lady Peep  Spikes Pumps. Her body, hair, makeup, and shoes are all amazing, but I am not feeling this dress.

Jordin Sparks made an in-store appearance at Bebe in Beverly Center in Beverly Hills. Naturally, she wore a look from the brand and chose an $89 Mixed Stripes Bodycon Dress. Cute no?

At 106 & Park, Sanaa Lathan shut it down in her favorite Lanvin sandals and a $352 Kova & t Vikki Dress.

It was back to extensions and Jordans for Rita Ora, who wore a high-neck printed dress at the ITV Studios in London. This would have been so cute with some pumps. Sigh.

Eva Longoria partied it up at Nikki Beach in Marbella, Spain in a green Pixie Market long-sleeve v neck romper and a pair of her favorite Brian Atwood sandals. Hot!

At Bagatelle in LA, Sofia Vergara gave her simple brown dress some life with a pink clutch and leopard Christian Louboutin Bibi Platform Sandals. Hmm…I would have preferred a red clutch here, pink is such a strange choice.

Jessica Alba hit the streets of Beverly Hills in a bold look. She paired a cobalt Kate Frances blazer with her beloved $215 Current Elliott Star Stiletto Jeans, an $850 Cobra Society The Tangier Small Bag, and Givenchy Calfskin Cage Sandals. You know I love me some Jessica Alba, but I cannot cosign this look. There’s just too much at play here.

KimYe strikes again! Of course, Kim kept it neutral and threw on her favorite $5,810 Kanye West by Giuseppe Zanotti Kanye Beaded Sandals. Is yogurt all Ye is allowing Kim to eat? Or do they have stake in the company? Who spends this much time in Hawaii without laying on the beach? One thing I do like about this look: her topknot. At least it’s something different!

Who had your favorite looks this week?
~Faith

28 Responses to “Weekend Hot! or Hmm… The 2012 Do Something Awards, Sanaa Lathan, Rita Ora, and More!”

1. Christie says:

Go Rita Ora.

I think the combo is UGLY and i personally hate jordans but dammit ! She owns it. It’s her STYLE , she looks comfortable in what she wears …. Which is cool .

I think Lisa ray and keke should’ve switched outfits

2. LOL, KeKe and Lisa definitely should have switched outfits. Lisa, that knee cellulite isn’t cute. Cymphonique’s shoes are too cute. Why did Laura Govan think it was ok to wear that dress to the “Do Something” awards. Thirsty much?

3. Taj says:

I love Eva’s outfit. Jordin, Sanaa, and Keke look very nice as well.

4. Niksocool says:

Kim looks larger than usual. Yeezy nixed her spanx, heavy makeup, and wardrobe color palette

5. Beyfan1 says:

Hate Laura’s and Nicole’s shoes choices….strappy heels would have been preferred.

6. meekaG says:

Kim does look heavier and if Kanye is the inspiration behind leaving the layers upon layers of spanxs behind good for them but if she is just getting heavier I hope she doesn’t mind the media saying she is fat like Jessica S. and Christina A.

7. t says:

Kim is getting big

8. DannielleS says:

Eva looks great!

What was the dress code to the Do Something Awards? Casual and dressy? I am confused as to how the Bosh’s were at the same event as Laura Govan?

Also, Keke Palmer has on too much makeup.

Stone me if you must, but Alek Wek looks a mess and her skin does not look great here IMO

9. Arya says:

Kim, it’s time to Quicktrim! Lol
    All the other ladies look nice

10. Mrs Windy City blog says:

Its the “Do Something Awards” Laura Govan….

its about volunteering and community service etc right? Her dress is not appropriate for that event….

11. Bre Bre says:

Call me crazy but I loved Ritas dress sneaker combo… lol. And Lisa Raye still got it… thigh cellulite and all. I didnt like Nicole Murphys get up and something about her is inhuman. Mayte looked like she was going to her freshman year high school homecoming and didn’t have a date. Sanaa looked stunning, but that’s nothing new.

AND KIM K ( .__.) that hoe had to turn side ways to get thru the door. When she get them child bearing hips. SMFH. lol

12. aries says:

Lisaraye has a nice shape, but she gotta work out on them legs, i know, cause i have the same issue, but i love Eva’s green romper and Nicole Murphy’s dress, not the shoes. and Mayte, come on, she gotta liven up, wear some color or something.

13. jeda says:

Addrienne Bosh’s outfit matches the color of the logo on the background, did she do that on purpose? would she?

Blessings

14. Dom says:

I love that folks embraced color. THIS is summer! I’m especially loving Keke and Lsa Raye. All white everything!

15. Michelle says:

KeKe Palmer always keeps it classy. Love that look on her. Jordin Sparks was fun yet appropriate. But I love that green on Eva Longoria. That is definitely my fave look of the weekend!

16. Mely B says:

My faves: KeKe, Jordin & Sanaa. I’m also kinda liking Rita’s look also.

I also love Jessica Alba’s jeans but not for $215! Can you please post reasonably priced alts in the future? I might have to DIY if I can’t find a pair I can afford.

Finally – Laura G, have a stadium full of _/. Totally inappropriate for the event but flaunt it while ya got it, I guess.

17. makeeasweet says:

alek wek never look like a model to me,i dont know what everyone else see in her.i actually like Jessica alba look,i think keke and lisa need to change dresses.i love eva romper.

18. LP says:

The only thing Chris Bosh needs to be “doing” is paying that child support instead of filing residency in different states so his ex can get less money.

19. Char says:

Sanaa Lathan is hands down my favorite from head to toe!

@makeeassweet – LOL, true Keke & Lisa’s outfits are perfect for each other!

20. LoudPen says:

I loved Keke and that’s about it. Master P is making me say “ummm”. lmao

21. LoudPen says:

Rita’s look was dope too! I still don’t know who she is or what she does but I love anyone who rocks the “girly tomboy” look in public.

22. shelly says:

YES SANAA!!! YESSSSSS! That woman is gorgeous!

23. reesha says:

Sanaa and Ke-Ke are my fav’s here!!

24. FiFi says:

I love Eva’s romper. There’s a coral one that I’ve been eyeing on material addict. http://www.materialaddict.com/Coraled-Out-Long-Sleeve-Romper_p_357.html

25. cherie says:

And the worst dressed award goes to…Thats right Laura Govan. She dont know what the heck goin on. And Rita Ora with her trailer park chic is right behind her. I agree on the Lisa, Keke swap and the best dressed goes to…Eva. Overall Im slightly disappointed.

26. Indigo says:

I don’t know what Lisa Raye is doing,but she has aged alot in the past year.

27. Feby says:

I think those same black actors and acstreses haven’t proven themselves to the white cast directors, porducers, or film makers. We used to see Taraji in every cliche black film but now that she was cast as Brad Pitt’s mom in a blockbuster, she just might get bigger roles like Halle. Jamie Foxx played Ray and suddenly everyone believes what we have always thought .that he’s a good actor. It’s not about those list of actors or acstreses not being talented. I think it’s proving themselves more than their white counterparts have to.

28. Nico says:

That’s very true. It’s also why I didn’t include Denzel, Will Smith, Halle Berry, and Jamie Foxx in that list of black atcros who play in everything. They’ve sort of transcended black movies into mainstream Hollywood. It’s unfortunate that “black” movies are considered a lower playing field but that’s just how it is. Does it work the other way? Do you think white atcros have to prove themselves to us? I think of movies like Four Brothers with Mark Wahlberg and I think we accepted him pretty well even with him using the n-word. (Which I don’t condone.)